now i can be dark and brooding while I prune my azaleas

Comment

• georgi
      • May 2011

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Hmm, not sure what to make of the mirror waywt in ccp office.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

street cred fail
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Came across this pair of early 1900s horse stable worker shoes/boots that had a number of components that I have seen utilized on CCP boots. Interesting correlations and technique implementation... most notably the hardware (paralleled with the multi front buckle boots by carol) and the stapling method of upper attachment to the soles.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Wow.. interesting. The way the tongue fans out is similar to the 09' one-piece derbies as well.

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Whoa, those boots look intriguing. Are they wearable at all?
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

form is function

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  Came across this pair of early 1900s horse stable worker shoes/boots that had a number of components that I have seen utilized on CCP boots. Interesting correlations and technique implementation... most notably the hardware (paralleled with the multi front buckle boots by carol) and the stapling method of upper attachment to the soles.

I'd say that the reference for the boots you're referring to is obviously closer : the ski boots. Same kind of buckle and same construction, high shaft with folded tongue (at least in the ski boots I was wearing when I was young - couldn't find proper images though).

1960's

In addition, the reference to the ski boots would be consistent with CCP's constant effort to invent garments that hinders/restricts/impedes the movement.
                  Last edited by Chant; 10-30-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Simply a piece of art.

Comment

• the-orb
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Prezens View Post
                      poell's oxfords and derbies would make the perfect piece to add to a still life drawing. so much character
                      I'm pretty sure Van Gogh did it already :) But seriously, I wonder if Poell used any of the paintings in Van Gogh's "shoes" series as an inspiration.

Comment

• hallucination
                        • Jan 2011

lol.......................

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Yeah... those are pretty vague images. I can't see how anyone would be inspired to make anything specific from them.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post

I'd say that the reference for the boots you're referring to is obviously closer : the ski boots. Same kind of buckle and same construction, high shaft with folded tongue (at least in the ski boots I was wearing when I was young - couldn't find proper images though).

1960's

In addition, the reference to the ski boots would be consistent with CCP's constant effort to invent garments that hinders/restricts/impedes the movement.
                            Ok, that's fine too. Considering it's all speculation and design and inspiration is along a continuum, it being "obvious" that it's one thing or another may not very well be just that.

Origins of design concepts utilized in modern day designs is an interesting one and aside from the adjustable closure system, the attachment of the uppers to the soles via a staple method and the folded tongue design are things echoed in modern creations by Carol and others which is interesting to me.

As for Carol continued "effort" to design and invent garments that specifically impede movement, I disagree with that being an over "goal" per se. Quite a lot of his work is jointed, anatomic, curving... on and on. We are beating a dead horse here but it's does not appear that his goal is to perpetually hinder movement moreso that design works that make you more cognizant of movement.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• the-orb
                              • Jun 2009

Let me explain why I asked that. I had known those paintings before I knew CCP and when I saw CCP derbies and boots for the first time, I was immediately reminded of those paintings. Obviously they are vague, but the uneven textures, tones and even the toe boxes have a few similarities.

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                              Yeah... those are pretty vague images. I can't see how anyone would be inspired to make anything specific from them.

Comment

• hallucination
                                • Jan 2011

So does guidi, augusta etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡