Wrong thread.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
      Wrong thread.
      Thanks BTW ;)
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

I tried both, the fiberglass coat and the reflection pieces in the showroom, the latter is indeed much more wearable. Both are quite stiff, but since you know you are wearing fiberglass you do not dare to make crazy movements. It is also slightly stiffer as i regall.
        Not a big fan of the reflection stuff though, but thats a personal thing, i can totaly understand people liking it. I think the showroom piece was all over the place sizewise. If i remember right it was a size 50 and it barely fit me since it was so tight in the shoulders, the sleeves being superlong at the same time. Hope they fixed that for the retails stuff...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• tomatous
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
          the sleeves being superlong at the same time. Hope they fixed that for the retails stuff...
          Please. please please. please do not fix

Comment

• Yan
            • Mar 2008

The reflective fabric is made of particles of swarosky glass crystals that have been directly coated/woven in the fabric and not coated on it, hence it has these amazing reflective properties and the flexibility of a more regular fabric.

When the X-fabric is shining it gives the same effect as a negative, where the bright/dark parts are reversed. Fabric and effect should maybe filed as well under be reversibility theme in CCP's work.
            I have been working with a glass fibre but there are severe issues with splintering if the fabric is uncoated. I wonder if CCP has these issues and if so how they overcame it.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The reflective fabric is made of particles of swarosky glass crystals that have been directly coated/woven in the fabric and not coated on it, hence it has these amazing reflective properties and the flexibility of a more regular fabric.

When the X-fabric is shining it gives the same effect as a negative, where the bright/dark parts are reversed. Fabric and effect should maybe filed as well under be reversibility theme in CCP's work.
              CCP x Swarowski crystals = awesome possibilities for ironic ads. Someone with photoshop skills should get on that.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Fascinating details on the fabric. Definitely curious as to the longevity/durability of the material as the fabric without flash looks like some lovely classic Carol materials.

SA- ballsy to try on the fiberglass coat!

Aside from those red carpet photos of Mr. Pitt, I haven't yet seen photos of the stand up collar blazer from the current collection anywhere... maybe already sold out at A?
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

What you call the stand-up collar is the specific feature of all the self-edge pieces, coats or jackets, isn'it ?

Comment

• AENAON
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2009

Comment

• Umami
                      • Sep 2010

got my parka today

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

that looks amazing. i guess the practicality of the garment is beside the point but i'm curious if it's warm and/or comfortable. what is the actual fabric composition?
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          that looks amazing. i guess the practicality of the garment is beside the point but i'm curious if it's warm and/or comfortable. what is the actual fabric composition?
                          50% pixie dust, 50% crystal meth
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ETC
                            • Mar 2010

nike running came out with a similar 'flash' jacket months ago, but a waterproof/windproof material

click here

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

so..the comparison has begun.

again.
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• seenmy
                                • May 2009

I dont really understand the comparisons, its not like this technology is new nor exclusive it is a branded technology used in industry for decades its not been developed just appropriated.I almost guarantee Poell is using yarn from 3M, what makes this version interesting is how the yarn or technology (3M is in various forms) is applied woven in to fabrics etc and how that turns out teamed of course with the cutting that is his trademark.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎