• miserableman
    • Dec 2009

Color consistency, ccp style.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
      oh please, it's sarcasm Eugene... you know, since Heidi is a super model, and people are always giving him such a hard time. I have family member with the same condition.
      I have nothing to be ashamed of. I never said anything like that. I have my preferences, and so do you, why do you hate me so much for the ones I have? I feel as if you judge my posts against me by choice, and you can attack me online for no apparent reason, and if I do the same I'm the "queen" or "faggot" just to mention two words you called me. I only get annoyed when you use derogatory terms, and you conveniently avoid replying to my responses every time that happens. You didn't even dare to touch the subject while we met for coffee in Antwerp. I'm not sure what game you're playing, but you're always different online than in real life. You never used that tone to me in person, so why do you do that here?
      I am not picking on you, nor would I EVER call you those names - that's just insane! And why would I meet you if I thought badly of you?! Crazy kid, I'll call you that.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by miserableman View Post
        Color consistency, ccp style.
        my pair looked like the ones on the left.. so I dyed them and coincidentally they turned exactly like the ones on the right!
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Wax
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          my pair looked like the ones on the left.. so I dyed them and coincidentally they turned exactly like the ones on the right!
          I am assuming Carol is using synthetic thread otherwise the whole object dying wouldnt work with those contrast stitchings?

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

seems so; stitching didn't absorb any further colour when I overdyed them.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Most threads that are used in sewing is synthetic, as they are far more durable and sew better than threads made of natural fibres

Also, I must say that (cold) dyeing is often not an exact science, there are so many variables involved where any one of them being off can give a different result,
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jj.still
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                Hi there :)
                Could you provide more details about this procedure? What dye did you use? I've been thinking about it since my dead-end jeans faded a little after cleaning.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

basic Dyson hand wash dye, grey and black mixed. First round left them pretty light, so I just used more dye and used slightly warmer water, and got a darker result.

with jeans its important that the dye absorbs evenly. I soaked them in water first, then put them in the dye, soaked and rotated them thoroughly. I usually leave the garment in for a while, then rotate it again. I think they were in there for an hour in total.

not sure if this is the perfect method but it has worked for me.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                    • Oct 2009

Why not throw em in the machine for the best dying result?
                    Always worked best for me.
                    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Better to dye by hand than by machine
                      machine contributes to shrinkage of the garment, less so if its been dyes already, but still.......
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I'm worried that they get somehow folded or twisted in the machine and the dye doesn't absorb evenly. when I do it by hand I know I've twisted and rotated them in every direction and gotten the dye in properly. I did actually rinse them in the machine afterwards.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

on a more pedantic note i'm pretty sure those jeans were issued in color code 7 which corresponds to the light gray color above.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• miserableman
                            • Dec 2009

Both those are colour 11.

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

"Strange footwear: Seal appeared to be wearing white wellington boots".

Comment

• MWNN
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2011

what color is it ? (tornado boots on seal)
                                Last edited by MWNN; 01-28-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎