Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hommedeguerre
    • Jun 2009

Crap...just read that he said fingerless. SORRY!
    Le 21ème

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

Fingerless gloves is dreadful nomenclature

Comment

• Ochre
        • Sep 2009

My shoes bloomed.

I was swimming yesterday and when I went to put my shoes on.. they were like this? The sun must have had some effect on the leather but the strangest thing is that it altered only the bubbled part. Any thoughts as to what exactly happened? I kinda like it because it makes the shoes look even more fucked up. In real life it looks just like oil.

Comment

• stockmag
          • Apr 2012

CCP is in art galleries all over the world every day, on the bodies of gallerists and clients, giving the art credibility.
          My Christian Dior I wore and tore
          Got fitted for a new Balenciaga.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

Derbies look awesome, Ochre. That scarring is killer. Cordovan?

Comment

• Ochre, just wow wow wow wow!!! what conditions are needen? salt air or just direct sunlight???

Comment

• Ochre
                • Sep 2009

Thanks guys.

Yes, cordovan.

Jin, I wish I could tell you. It must have been a mixture of both because I spend full days outside, walking around NY in them and never once did the color change. But I go to the suburbs one day and go swimming in a pool (which did happen to be salt water) and then when I go to put my shoes back on ~2hrs later they were completely changed. But could the salt in the water make the shoes have a reaction when they never got wet?

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Are you 100% sure that a dog did not shit on them?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

It is possible that the chlorine from the pool water caused the change. Even if the boots were not in direct contact, there is degassing from the water constantly. Same reason why you can smell a chlorinated pool.

Pretty interesting reaction. Carol may take some notes ;)
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Ochre
                      • Sep 2009

It was a salt water pool, Chinorlz though I appreciate the guess.

Nouveau, I'm releasing moths into your apt while you're at Cannes.

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
                        • Oct 2011

Looks like the original impregnation/tanning of the leather did bleed through (looks great!).

Is it moist on the surface (oil) or still sealed in the bubbles?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
                          It was a salt water pool, Chinorlz though I appreciate the guess.

Nouveau, I'm releasing moths into your apt while you're at Cannes.

Salt water pools still use chlorine although not as much as a standard pool. Another possibility to consider is the muriatic acid used to ph balance the pool... Acid gas can change organic materials as well for sure.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Ochre, if I send you some boots, could you place em near this wonderful pool for a few hours?

Comment

• shawn
                              • Apr 2007

Anyone knows whats the differences between AM/2600 and AM/2449 Derbies?

from the tag , it says 2600 from Male 2010 and 2449 from Male 2009.
                              They look like exactly same from the shape.

pics is for the AM/2600

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎