• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    What do I lose? If this is about modernism and post-modernism yet again it is important to be reminded that post-modernism is an addition and a comment on modernism, not just an opposition to it. In fact technique for technique's sake is a post-modern comment on modernism. I am not claiming by this that other thinkers haven't reflected on "technique for technique's sake" or that Poell is a post-modernist or a modernist or whatnot. I don't look as tool of analysis as necessarily excluding each others but as angles to look at the object of analysis or the discourse surrounding certain topics.
    You lose a cookie? Can one lose a cookie? Or only win one?

I am just teasing you because of the long-standing modernism/post-modernism debate. And, yes, very well aware of the above "post-modernism is just a continuation of modernism" theory, but I don't subscribe to it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
      damn, stone tablets from on high. thank you for spraying a jizz of hot wisdom all over our ignorant faces. seriously though, what the fuck was that. that the value of all things is purely subjective and boils down to how badly someone might want something that others cannot have is a given. using that as your argument is seriously lazy, just as 'lol, its fashunz'.. what we were discussing is the reasoning someone might employ in establishing that value for themselves, and you've reduced it to 'its for ballers to signal their social status as such, and if you have to consider it any more than that, you can't afford it'. well, thanks for the heaps of hyperbole.

they'll keep buying in retail and selling in the classifieds for 30-60% off. the real prices paid in the end reflect a more objective value, after those with excess money or not enough patience have paid something of a tax.
      fixed
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mizzar
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Macro View Post
        Mizzar, if you care for long-lasting, high-quality garments, stay away from poell. In fact, stay away from the whole aesthetic and stick to industrial made, mass produced clothing. I never once said that poell's garments are built to last, oh, what is that bullshit term around here... forever?
        That's it. I'm done. Oh SZ.
        Ouh, you are so high and mighty.... yeeaaahhhhhh.
        Tell me more about Kiton, about POell about clothes that fall apart before you bought them (no exaggeration here), tell me how am i not up to par to your high standarts of "The baller".

____
        sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Speaking of the FE-MALE collection, the breadsticks fit the model pnp used really great imo.

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
            Speaking of the FE-MALE collection, the breadsticks fit the model pnp used really great imo.
            http://www.pnp-firenze.com/wp/?proje...ad-stick-pants
            the styling is ugly (combo with RO boots is so gross)
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

this is only ever going to look good on very anorexic women, isn't it?

Comment

• crouka
                • Jul 2007

adding images for posterity, now that I noticed the post that there was between #9957 and 9958 is blanked.

btw, I wrote that comment, meaning the shoe is dying from the viewpointt of other conventionally closed shoes and that clearly immortality is not a top priority of the shoe, even though he did his best to make it as lasting as possible under that particular design condition. it's not like it died right after you start to wear it.

on a bit different note, generally speaking, ecstasy does not go well with lastingness. also it is in essence rather remote from meaningfulness, helpfulness, utility, necessity, rationality, objectivity, etc etc. that's why some buy a $300000 car whose engine may die just after 30000 km's run when they can buy at 1/5 price some others that shoot numerically at the same speed but last at least triply. the difference there could be that of a toy precarious yet unusually exciting from home appliances like a refrigerator good and white. not that the latter is insignificant. on the contrary it is indispensable, while the former looks as if it is unnecessary for a model society because it aims at what it only gets at the expense of being called evil. but I'd say, let there be a toy that opens out to somewhere outside the confines, to virtuality from which "next" may accidentaly come in just a simple form.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I am just teasing you because of the long-standing modernism/post-modernism debate. And, yes, very well aware of the above "post-modernism is just a continuation of modernism" theory, but I don't subscribe to it.
                  As for the "post-modernism" that could be randomly generated by Alan Sokal and that likes to whine about the death of reason or absolute relativism.... I won't try to argue that its a continuation of modernism.

However:
                  Depending on how closely the key features of modern mathematics correspond with modernism and how closely new features (vi-x) in contemporary math correspond withpost-modernism, modernist and post-modernist concepts are integrated in contemporary math.

From here its a question of whether or not contemporary mathematical concepts can be extracted from their disciplinary realm and applied to culture at large.
                  edit: Its also a question of taking concepts already present in philosophy or cultural criticism and fleshing them out with more technical precision and scope. Novalis' union of the static and dynamic, for example, is quite like category theory. This project is already well underway and spans not only math, but architectural criticism, peirce's philosophy, latin american literature, germany's critical dialectical tradition, and more : http://lnx.journalofpragmatism.eu/wp...09-zalamea.pdf
                  Last edited by trentk; 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM.
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• TheThief
                    • Mar 2011

Is that a diagram? Shit just got real.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
                      this is only ever going to look good on very anorexic women, isn't it?

Definitely not going to work for women with hips.
                      Originally posted by Patroklus
                      Better too adventurous than not enough
                      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

hips, curves > ccp clothing
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          hips, curves > ccp clothing
                          definetly
                          my girl brazilian booty don't allow much brands discussed here

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merz
                            ...yer welcome to all of the world's hips & curves, c.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by SeptSeptSept View Post
                              definetly
                              my girl brazilian booty don't allow much brands discussed here
                              who is really important to you? Carol or some
                              Brazilian booty? Find good ol anorexic nazi lesbian, don't try to jump out of da niche.
                              Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Czx
                                • Feb 2011

Allow me to crash into the party.
                                Does anyone know what size is this from http://www.guyiconsignment.com/produ...k-knit-sweater ? And/or haves any idea about the fit?

And Sept - I wouldn't be too sad about that if I were you hahah
                                néant
                                Last.FM paranoia
                                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                                0 > ∞

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡