Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

crushable dress, lift.

Comment

• savant
      • Jul 2011

I live in Auckland, New Zealand

Not too sure what fabric I need for suits. Any suggestions ? It can get very hot here during summer and very cold as well. Was looking at either WIM, WOW-EDGE or BUB-EDGE

The average daily temperature in Auckland during the summer is 23°C (74°F), while winter temperatures are on average 14°C (57°F).

Auckland is one of New Zealand sunniest regions with 2060 annual sunshine hours. The region is also very lush, with a mean annual rainfall of 1240mm.
      The Auckland region enjoys a warm, coastal climate without any extremes of temperature. Summers in Auckland are generally warm with high humidity, while winters are mild and damp. Plenty of rain is experienced throughout the year, but mainly in winter. When visiting Auckland, it's a good idea to pack a rainproof jacket as well as sunglasses, sun hat and sunscreen.
      Last edited by savant; 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• garbage_queen
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
        crushable dress, lift.
        ...I can not wait to touch that piece of leather!..

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by poopbong View Post
          PS : Peasant your inbox is full

I live in Auckland, New Zealand

Not too sure what fabric I need for suits. Any suggestions ? It can get very hot here during summer and very cold as well. Was looking at either WIM, WOW-EDGE or BUB-EDGE
          Definitely not wim. It's 100% wool
          Bub-edge probably the best for new zealand heat.
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

Yeah.. "best fabric" is completely subjective. Go for cotton (BUB) if it's hot where you live. Then again it depends on where you'll be wearing it. Cotton may be too casual and wrinkled for an office. WOW/WIM both wool. If you're going to special order you need to find out what's available first.

This is the wrong thread for this. Will try to clear up pm's when I figure out how.

Comment

• samlasamla
              • Sep 2011

I just purchased a couple of items in WOW. The labels both say 100% cotton (defect maybe?), but I'm not buying it. I tend to agreed with Peasant and eton97 -- this is some sort of wool. In my opinion, it actually looks and feels like a wool-mohair blend. The texture is extremely coarse, and it's a fresco weave, which is impossible with an all-cotton fabric.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

rrrrickkooo, suaaaveeee
                Attached Files
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

Bahahahahahhahaha
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                    Bahahahahahhahaha
                    I am with you on this bahahahahahah

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Repost

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I see Carol's concepts as purely technical challenges not rooted in this world. It's not very interesting to me. He is a master tinkerer hermit, but he is not a conceptual designer like Chalayan, for example. I find realization of concepts that can relate to zeitgeist much more interesting.
                      Technicals skills are important for CCP and he always insists on the specific ones he has (traditionnal tailoring) and the importance of "das Sakko" in his work, but you're completely wrong about the hierarchy. Technic is second and always serves the transposition into the clothes of his reflexion about - to say it very briefly - what is a garment ?/what is a body ?/how do body and garment relate together ? Nothing technical there, but a reflexion that involves history of art, history of the human body representations and also some kind of qualitative mathematics.

And you're not right neither about the "Zeitgeist", even it's not really my cup of tea, since the way CCP creates, produces and sells is definitely an implicit critic of the mass consumption society and, of course, of the way most of the other fashion designers are working.
                      And please, noobs, don't ask me how such expensive clothes can be sign of critic of consumption society.

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

i read through this thread and by the posts it seems that CCP items are mostly hand made, does that go for shoes as well? anyone know, i know it naive to think one person makes all that but does he have a small shop w/assistants?
                        Last edited by drizzly; 10-16-2012, 01:46 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Pumpfish
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                          i know it naive to think one person makes all that but does he have a small shop w/assistants?

Big shop, but the assistants are tiny.

Like oompa-loompas.

Same colour too, cause they've been object dyed.
                          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                            i'm pretty sure that all these new people registering are on to something... it's that provoking people is a great way to get your post count up.
                            from what i've been seeing, i think twistedSADISTIC has a point... so, people, don't fall into the trap

Comment

• Darklands
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

CCP

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
                              ^ yeah joyce carries and extremely limited number of CCP items... i would say only a selection of about 10 different items... but i guess anyone that carries CCP carries it in limited quantities...
                              you have clearly never been to Darklands . . . or to Lift in Tokyo.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

/\ Looks like something definitely went wrong there...
                                The message you're replying to has been posted 6 years ago.
                                At this time, Darklands didn't carry CCP, and didn't even exist...
                                Desperate need for advertisement ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎