Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awlouie
    • Sep 2007

I owned these gloves at one time. One of the zippers failed and needed replacement. CCP repaired them. I was told that these gloves were very complicated to make and therefore, will not be produced in the future.
    "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      whats that you say? can you offer any further info?
      The teeth of the zippers for the gloves are directly attached/sewn to leather, not a nylon (typical material) edge which is what is used on his leather jackets, boots, etc. It's a small detail that is probably very difficult to produce and hence the cessation of titanium gloved production.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

ahhh ok. thank you for the great info...
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

This may be on here somewhere but I've never seen it. First iteration of the fencing produced way back in 98'. A true 1 of 1 where the veins of the animal were injected with dye before the hide was separated from the connective tissue. Obviously too complicated to make for practical sales purposes and he didn't revisit the design again until the late 2000's. In between were a few others (double zipper fail, etc). Further shows how many of his designs were conceptualized years, even a decade before being executed.

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

Do you know any more about the vein dying process? Particularly on how he managed to push it through the veins without hitting capillaries or bleeding out more so. It looks fantastic!

Comment

• daou0782
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

it's hardcore things like these what build the aura/myth of designer. hats off.

Comment

• k3mist
                • Apr 2013

i saw that jacket in a yahoo auction and found it really hard to believe it was dyed through the veins. it looks like coagulated blood due to improper bleeding. i hope I'm wrong though, vein dyeing sounds so much cooler

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

come on.. this sounds like the usual Carol folklore.. he dyed the animals veins, from what color to what color? when do u see an animal's veins on a leather jacket and why would u want to? honestly it looks like that jacket got a real bad tattoo, it's like someone wore a bad emo band's shirt over that jacket until it bleed onto the jacket..
                  curious how much of the hardware on this jacket actually works..
                  here's something i'm more curious about, is there a new collection coming? so much hearsay here i wonder if anyone has any real info in regards to new creations.

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Everyone wants to see a new collection. There's nothing unique about that. Until then, I find old pieces more interesting than statements about how long it's taking.
                    Capillaries feed every tissue, including areas close to the surface. Not sure exactly what he did, but it's possible and the technique he used. Veins are tissue just like any other. Smooth muscle, really, with the ability to be dyed like anything else. It's not even the veins that I find interesting, it's that he took a swing at the fencing so long ago and it (this pattern) ended up being one of his most defining pieces. Did you ever see his sketch book from over a decade ago? It's full of designs that he's just now able to produce (took awhile for technology and skill to catch up).

For those interested; it's reversed calf in a natural, un-dyed yellow. The dye was pushed through the veins and they absorbed some of it. The difficult part would be not allowing the dye to travel outside the vessel, ultimately dying the nearby leather as well. The hardware works. There are anchors and finishings that he doesn't even use today, though I wish he did because seams are constantly a problem with CCP. It's ugly, but I find it interesting.

Last edited by Peasant; 11-27-2014, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

That used to be my jacket (and I think at least some of my original photos haha). Absolutely fascinating piece to see and hold.

The hide was suede side out with the vascular system quite clearly visible and not something "printed" on given the complexity and variation across the panels of leather used etc.

You could tell that this piece was not quite "there" yet though in regards to his materials research, cut/fit etc. I had acquired it through Japan and further provenance remains a mystery. Most certainly have not seen another since then and it remains a curio in the CCP world.

Peasant, do you own this piece now?
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

That makes sense, being reversed and all. No, A, not mine. Found a description of it online and thought others would be interested in it. Exactly my point about how his designs were far ahead of their time.
                        Crazy that you owned it. I don't believe there are any others.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

So Chinorlz can you speak of this "injecting ink into the veins" idea? I agree with the above posters that it sounds like folklore.

Comment

• Coming
                            • Sep 2013

Vein and artery casts are frequently made by anatomists and researchers in human specimens

For instance

Partial splenectomy is possible because of vascular segmentation of this organ. Although interest has focused upon arterial supply, this study shows similar venous segmentation. Emerging splenic veins in excess of 1.7 mm at the hilum of ten unembalmed spleens were injected with different colors of m …

Usually epoxy resins are used. You can buy the material yourself

Of course the hard part is getting access to the carcass before all the tissues are stripped away

Comment

• byhand
                              • Dec 2011

It's macabre, but I suppose killing an animal for its meat and skin is already a committed move in the direction of the macabre, so why not take the exploitation to the extreme by using its vein structure as a design element.

Comment

• Wax
                                • Sep 2009

You guys are talking so much bs haha (injecting veins with resin on a leather jacket - still laughing)

You can get this kind of leather at any tannery, usually it is seen as a flaw and not sold tho. Julius used it on a fencing as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎