Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

Well. I think to some extent it's mostly human nature to want to see things progress or evolve for the better. Altruistically it's optimism. Cynically... it's "Well, that was nice, but what have you done for me lately?"

You want to see new work and you want that new work to be better. It's why you look forward to a musicians next LP or a movie's sequel even when statistically those probably aren't going to be as good.

And in a non-quality hierarchical sense... but purely in terms of originator/derivator I think objectively a1923 has progressed their products steadily to the point where for me personally, and less objectively, the footwear is at least nicer.

I think if the trend continues this will less questionable after a few more seasons. Personally I'd rather the originator stay on top to pull upwards the derivator ;p

It'll be interesting to see if a1923 stagnates as well and plateaus themselves or if they evolve their own designs or.... go the m_moria route.

Okay none of that really matters. Basically, new cool shit is cool :)

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

has there been some sort of statement or leak that he's done producing new designs? i think he's been spotted at certain trade shows and such right? there is still some reason to keep hope alive right?

or is deepti the new ccp...?
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

Who's holding up?
        There's a need because some of us have been buying out of this collection for half a decade.
        There are still a few pieces I never kopped that I'd like to, but beyond that I don't care much for seeing the same things in new colors. Seems like they're still selling and clients growing.. why not keep on keeping on.
        Hopefully Deepti will keep the bloodline going to a certain degree.
        Last edited by Peasant; 12-04-2014, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• destroymebaby
          • Aug 2012

Personally I love the morale of a quitter, of someone who leaves in time, who doesn't overstay his welcome. When you're done you're done. No need to strain your creativity, making it forced and mannered, just to keep up with the so called progression of the world. But probably it's just me. I've always looked upon Rimbaud as some sort of model.
          The morning is not enough.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

but he isn't done.. he just keeps dipping and adding colors, which is fine, yellow dipped tornado's w/ aluminum and u sole is probably soon on the list. to me it's actually the opposite of the person u guys make him out to be, the one interviewed i read all he said he learned was "not everything sells" , so he keeps trying..
            i think it's much easier to just milk this for another few years though i think used it's starting to finally drop to 1/2 of retail or not move at all, I remember when the stuff would sell for retail used, that was crazy.
            I hope H.Lorenzo gets some gloves and dipped derbies.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              has there been some sort of statement or leak that he's done producing new designs?
              no, but neither has the opposite been confirmed or mentioned by anyone that has weight in their words; and seeing as how more stores are allowing the ordering of what you want from the factory, I really dont see why it would be a good strategy on their behalf to change the formula. Everyone keeps ordering and I keep seeing new ccp deliveries every 3-5 months like clockwork, including a ton of women's stuff that I figured was harder to get than the mens.
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

I wish they have new fabrics than a new collections..
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
                  I wish they have new fabrics than a new collections..
                  I hadn't seen GICHT jackets in a while but they are making it again, not necessarily new but i haven't seen it in a while, does that kind of count?

I heard CORAWO was over, as in they ran out of it, I don't believe it but that's what some people say.
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                    I hadn't seen GICHT jackets in a while but they are making it again, not necessarily new but i haven't seen it in a while, does that kind of count?

I heard CORAWO was over, as in they ran out of it, I don't believe it but that's what some people say.
                    Isn't making fabric about as tough as telling the factory "I want more xyz fabric"? I'd imagine that CCP ran out only that his current stock was out and he had no ability (money vs commercial pressure) to ask the factories for more of his fabric.

Comment

• minhcu2805
                      • Mar 2013

does LAICO count as new fabric? been waiting almost a year on my LAICO piece, is that normal?

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

I've been told so many times that a particular fabric or style was "gone after this." Only to see it a few months, even years later. Don't ever believe that shit because if enough people ask for it hes going to find a way to make more.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                          • Jul 2010

/\Then I hope he'll make WIM again!

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
                            does LAICO count as new fabric? been waiting almost a year on my LAICO piece, is that normal?
                            a lot of people have laico stocked though it's a pretty common material

Comment

• Gerber
                              • Nov 2014

Great thread ! But I was too lazy to browse through all 20215921359 pages.

Anyways usually it shouldnt be a problem to re-order any fabrics in case it is within the minimum order amount - which I am sure Carol can reach. I heard that he even owns some of the japanese self-edge machines he used for the last edge collection. So at least these should be no problem at all to remake!

Just wondering how Carol will develope without Deepti. What I was told she was essential in the progress since 2005? And honestly, I didnt like ccp pre 2005 too much. From 2007 on it got pretty ace! The new Deepti pieces look very much CCP in terms of cut and design but is missing the industrial techniques that I love about the last CCP collections. That silver stuff is too chique for me.

Also why is it that some stores sell CCP online while others such as INK put down all their images? Is there a special reason behind this?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Gerber View Post
                                Great thread ! But I was too lazy to browse through all 20215921359 pages.

Anyways usually it shouldnt be a problem to re-order any fabrics in case it is within the minimum order amount - which I am sure Carol can reach. I heard that he even owns some of the japanese self-edge machines he used for the last edge collection. So at least these should be no problem at all to remake!

Just wondering how Carol will develope without Deepti. What I was told she was essential in the progress since 2005? And honestly, I didnt like ccp pre 2005 too much. From 2007 on it got pretty ace! The new Deepti pieces look very much CCP in terms of cut and design but is missing the industrial techniques that I love about the last CCP collections. That silver stuff is too chique for me.

Also why is it that some stores sell CCP online while others such as INK put down all their images? Is there a special reason behind this?
                                read the 20215921359 pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎