Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoisyArmchair
    • Mar 2014

Yesterday I visited The Library, a store in London that stocks pieces by Carol. I was in the area because it's very nearby the McQueen exhibition at the V&A museum (second time in going, still ridiculous, will go a couple more times at least I think).

Anyway the person I was with was over from Canada so I decided to show him this store and some of the great pieces they had inside, including this piece, a leather lined with horse fur (they have another lined with a lighter brown fur).

I think it's an interesting piece, the fur lines the entire inside of the jacket including the sleeves.

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
      The Library never ever replied to my emails with whatever request or question I had.
      Maybe something is wrong with their email. I mean I haven't asked anything except trying to correct their infamous Christina quote, yet it's still there.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
        I'm all for supporting the affiliated stores here in SZ but yeah, same experience here with INK. I don't get any response to my emails.
        I would love to do that too, but since I couldn't get in contact with INK I had to change strategy..

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

INK has stated multiple times that becomes of the overwhelming demand from the local market they withhold selling abroad. That's probably why you are not getting replies.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
            • Jul 2010

Yeah you're probably right but still it's sad since they have all the good stuff!!

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Hey guys.

How long time does it usually takes for CCP to repair?

Three weeks ago I sent one of my blazer for minor repair and never got any answer except that it had arrived at their office. Am I in for a long wait?
              Last edited by Monoral; 04-27-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

three weeks, thats like their e-mail response time

consdering a custom order can take anywhere from a few months to over a year, I'd say your repair could take 4 weeks or 6 months.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

I've had two items repaired by them, from receipt on their side:
                  - 2 weeks for a zipper runner to be replaced on a pair of tornados
                  - under 1 week (!!!) for all the snaps to be replaced and the leather conditioned/darkened on my CORS high neck

needless to say I've been pleasantly surprised by their post sale support.

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

^ what kind of sorcery did you use?
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

why still be affiliated if they don't sell to members though? like what does affiliate even do for members I've never seen the benefit of it on the user side...
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                        why still be affiliated if they don't sell to members though? like what does affiliate even do for members I've never seen the benefit of it on the user side...

the only chose to not sell certain brands. Matter of fact they sell all brands they just chose not to put certain things online anymore.
                        With Pita and Ink the issue is possibly more so him just simply being busy.

re the benefit to users.
                        a). you get to buy from stores that are easier to trust by virtue of them being an affiliate.

b). they are more likely to be Polite/ offer good service so as to cut down on negative feedback which may hurt reputation

c). There are often affiliate discounts that can be had and also announcements of things like private sales etc.

d). Also the funds generated from the affiliates help to keep the forum going. so in a sense the community does benefit from the presence of the affiliates
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

What affiliates do is support this forum or sz-mag.com. thats the biggest benefit to us and members. Some give special treatment to members (discounts etc) but its not mandatory.

And INK sells 95% of their products to any location, as far as I know.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            What affiliates do is support this forum or sz-mag.com. thats the biggest benefit to us and members. Some give special treatment to members (discounts etc) but its not mandatory.

And INK sells 95% of their products to any location, as far as I know.
                            So in my case do you think it would benefit me to say I'm a sz member?

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

it depends entirely on the store, I don't remember from the top of my head. you can always ask, and some mention possible benefits in their affiliate post.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                it depends entirely on the store, I don't remember from the top of my head. you can always ask, and some mention possible benefits in their affiliate post.
                                In my case it's INK - and getting them to help me internationally but I'll try writing Pita once again. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎