Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerber
    • Nov 2014

I always thought of CCP as some kind of artist .....but he turned out to be a really good business man - doing the same collection for years - as the rich buyers have all items in black already - it's time to make the entire leather selection in flashy colors. So we can post our 24 different color drips on instagram. YAY. Whats next? Colored fabrics? Already saw a red dead end coat on ink.

Comment

• byhand
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by nobody1 View Post
      I've read that CCP fits best on those who are tall rather than short...

Could someone define 'tall' in this case?

I'm 6'0 on the dot with a fairly average build.
      Lose 15 pounds.

Doesn't really matter if you're tall or short. Just gotta be thin. The jacket sleeves and pant legs don't abide a chunky frame.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gerber View Post
        I always thought of CCP as some kind of artist .....but he turned out to be a really good business man - doing the same collection for years - as the rich buyers have all items in black already - it's time to make the entire leather selection in flashy colors. So we can post our 24 different color drips on instagram. YAY. Whats next? Colored fabrics? Already saw a red dead end coat on ink.
        Sounds like any other designer these days. Rick doing geobaskets every year in different colors as well as flashy silver patent leather, pod shorts, bombers etc can make a long list. So is BBS with his returning P13, P14, P155 in whatever waxtype he's using. Not to mention all the luxury brand houses like Lanvin, Balmain, SLP. Everybody does their staples over and over again. Why shouldn't they if people continue to buy rehashes/re-iterations, remakes. CCP is no exception besides he hasn't released any new stuff. He just cuts the unsellable craptrain and fashionshows. And his staples are selling like a MF just like Geobaskets or Bikerjeans.

Anyway check the mainstream/downstream video if you think his color usage is something new. And what are you expecting to find on Instagram anyway?
        Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I think these comparisons are a bit too reductive. CCP is an artisanal brand - Rick Owens (SLP, Lanvin, and Balmain) are runway brands (though actually I have not a slightest idea why Balmain does runway shows, the progression of their ideas make m.a.+ look like it moves at the speed of light). BBS straddles both worlds pretty successfully - there is the artisanal component in how the garments are made and the fashion component with regards to presenting ideas on the catwalk every six months.

Maybe Poell is the Marcel Duchamp of fashion. He doesn't have to produce anything and he's pretty content with just forming ideas in his head as long as a dedicated baller contingent continues to make him money.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• patR
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Gerber View Post
            I know he doesn't need the money (supposedly comes from a wealthy family, correct?) but I wonder how much $ he brings in annually.

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by patR View Post
              I know he doesn't need the money (supposedly comes from a wealthy family, correct?) but I wonder how much $ he brings in annually.
              You must be kidding.
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• MJRH
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I think these comparisons are a bit too reductive. CCP is an artisanal brand - Rick Owens (SLP, Lanvin, and Balmain) are runway brands (though actually I have not a slightest idea why Balmain does runway shows, the progression of their ideas make m.a.+ look like it moves at the speed of light). BBS straddles both worlds pretty successfully - there is the artisanal component in how the garments are made and the fashion component with regards to presenting ideas on the catwalk every six months.
                "Often you go to a showroom and you see this horrible fucking jacket that doesn't say anything to you but looked great in the show. In the end, the pieces don't talk to you." -Poell

Maybe Poell is the Marcel Duchamp of fashion.
                I've a hunch that a few of his design ideas might've sprung from unintended damage, too

Here are some random pictures from my hard drive, everyone stop asking silly questions.

titties!

^best fashion shoot ever, that last. Tiny dinosaurs are eating a model's boob!
                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Cantara
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by magic View Post
                  You must be kidding.
                  I have actually heard the same thing. This is not the first time I am hearing this.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Cantara View Post
                    I have actually heard the same thing. This is not the first time I am hearing this.
                    I think magic was rather referring to the wish of knowing how big Poells income is than to the fact that he comes from a wealthy family. This fact has been known in SZ for quite some time.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• E777
                      • Jun 2015

what is the differences between Cul-PTC, CUBS-PTC and ROOMS-PTC??

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by E777 View Post
                        what is the differences between Cul-PTC, CUBS-PTC and ROOMS-PTC??
                        CUL-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the flesh side, vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colours.

CUBS-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the flesh side, white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour.

ROOMS-PTC is Kangaroo leather.
                        Grailed link

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

in case you want some other codes

LUC-PTC is the horse cordovan leather used on the regular non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUL-PTC.

SBUC-PTC is horse cordovan leather, but used on the regular, non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUBS-PTC

BIUS-PTC - Bison leather

can anyone tell me what CORS-PTC is? i know horse but is it like LUC-PTC?

Comment

• Bleu1950
                            • Jan 2013

cors-ptc Is very similar to luc-ptc, as you know its horse leather, on the regular side, non-scarring; same dyeing process as luc-ptc

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

CORS can be either white tanned or vegetable tanned depending on the colour and the factory's whim at the time. my CORS high neck is one of the last few produced in white tanned black, the black CORS leathers are now vegetable tanned.

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

Some pearls:

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                                what is cors-ptc, i know its horse but is there any more detail?
                                It's the horse that fucked Rick Owens. Very special.
                                SUCK - 100% boredom
                                FUCK - 100% consumer
                                CRAP - 100% this thread
                                ENDD- 100% this thread
                                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎