Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bootsndpants
    • Jun 2017

there was a pair of bison tornados in grey that someone tried to dye black and they ended up this really cool dark brownish shade, see below

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by jiiimly View Post
      Has anyone tried object dyeing a pair of their boots a new colour? i know you are meant to be able to wash them in the washing machine, so it got me thinking, can you vat dye them from say a light colour to a dark one?
      There are a couple of reference examples of CCP's that I dyed (not vat dyed though) from light colours to black on the shoe dyeing part of this forum located here.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

Anyone seen the new sneakers pop up at retailers yet? Was in London last week but nowhere to be found.

Comment

• nyarkies
          • Feb 2012

It was just previewed to the retailers this past Aug/September for them to place orders for. They're still most likely in production and will come in early next year.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
            It was just previewed to the retailers this past Aug/September for them to place orders for. They're still most likely in production and will come in early next year.
            Ah thanks, I was assuming they would come in with the majority of the FW18 collections but this makes more sense being CCP.

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
              Ah thanks, I was assuming they would come in with the majority of the FW18 collections but this makes more sense being CCP.
              The Office Gallery posted two teasers on their IG if you are curious

Ok Samsa G. Tuchwaren released the first full image of a low top sneaker:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo4RQual...=17ecvt15dguyk

First reaction: well worth the 8 year wait, endgame lowtop.
              Last edited by unwashed; 10-13-2018, 12:28 PM.
              Grailed link

Comment

• Xander
                • Aug 2018

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                The Office Gallery posted two teasers on their IG if you are curious

Ok Samsa G. Tuchwaren released the first full image of a low top sneaker:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo4RQual...=17ecvt15dguyk

First reaction: well worth the 8 year wait, endgame lowtop.
                Excuse my stupidity, but i’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic here?
                Not sure how to feel about it... Maybe it’ll grow on me, But in my eyes this new sneakers seems to just be Carol hopping on the dad shoe trend. Oh, how he has fallen from grace

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

cosign. in the same way the original drips were right for that moment. makes me very optimistic.

Comment

• yffet
                    • Aug 2009

As usual with Carol. I dont like at first sight. Then one day i wake up and it melts my brain.
                    Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Xander View Post
                      Excuse my stupidity, but i’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic here?
                      Not sure how to feel about it... Maybe it’ll grow on me, But in my eyes this new sneakers seems to just be Carol hopping on the dad shoe trend. Oh, how he has fallen from grace
                      Not being sarcastic at all. For me, these make the current lowtop noseam dripsneakers pale in comparisson by concept, design and details.

I fail to see the 'dadshoe' reference within this model. Stacking of the soles (Triple S) surely cannot be a requirement to fall into this category? And these remind me more of the Rick Owens 'Lego sole' boots. Curious about why you find this to be following 'the dadshoe trend'.

A few highlights for me (as far as I could see on the image):
                      - Awesome leather treatment, some kind of epidermic-like texture. Very curious how this is achieved.
                      - Crazy concept 'In Between'. Leaving much space in between the sole parts. Stacking of soles to elaborate on this.
                      - I like the lace details, The metal wire connector-like thingy, dipping of the laces as well
                      - Rubberdip tech, remains cool. Even after 8 years (at least for me)
                      - Overal silhouet looks great with the long tongue and extended sole on the back.

Curious if a high top version will be released.
                      Grailed link

Comment

• nyarkies
                        • Feb 2012

It's the new "paper dart" material that's being used. There is a high top version. The upper with the exception of the suede accents, is a one piece folded leather. The high top also has that long tongue.

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

There is a high version. But the low > high IMO

Comment

• Xander
                            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                            Not being sarcastic at all. For me, these make the current lowtop noseam dripsneakers pale in comparisson by concept, design and details.

I fail to see the 'dadshoe' reference within this model. Stacking of the soles (Triple S) surely cannot be a requirement to fall into this category? And these remind me more of the Rick Owens 'Lego sole' boots. Curious about why you find this to be following 'the dadshoe trend'.

A few highlights for me (as far as I could see on the image):
                            - Awesome leather treatment, some kind of epidermic-like texture. Very curious how this is achieved.
                            - Crazy concept 'In Between'. Leaving much space in between the sole parts. Stacking of soles to elaborate on this.
                            - I like the lace details, The metal wire connector-like thingy, dipping of the laces as well
                            - Rubberdip tech, remains cool. Even after 8 years (at least for me)
                            - Overal silhouet looks great with the long tongue and extended sole on the back.

Curious if a high top version will be released.

No “requirements” Just a general feel the sneaker is giving me, might just be me though. The whole shoe just looks a bit clumsy in my eyes. I think the shoe might just take some getting used to for me.
                            The lace thingy is a nice touch. There’s a paper-thin line between a nice detail & said detail being gimmicky, and in this case it’s hovering ever so slightly over the former rather than the latter.

100% agree with your thoughts on the leather, i’m in love with it.
                            All in all, I think i’ll like the hightop version more, as I always lean towards hightops.

The rubberband boot also seems to be returning... Though I can’t make out from the teasers if it’s the old model or some new iteration. I certainly am excited for what the future holds.

Comment

• Mascarar
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                              There is a high version. But the low > high IMO
                              I can't agree with you more.

Comment

• skullkid
                                • Aug 2015

Anyone seen the new 2019 models? Look so ugly...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎