X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Woven shirt.... my god it's absolutely amazing! Talk about technical prowess....

too bad the auctioneer is asking over $1200 for it. If you're interested check it out here

regardless of the price... it's some lovely eye candy

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

How about buying original CCP shirt and matching color and DIY the shirt yourself... I am sure Zamb and Albert can help out for a small fee... (hint hint nudge nudge albert, business opportunity here).. [8-|]

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Hehe, I wish it were that easy to create a nice result like the one seen above. It's probably pretty technically difficult. The key would be to have large sheets of the woven fabric that has been sealed that you cut your patterns with... tricky!

On the DIY idea though, over winter break or at least definitely over summer, there will be some furniture creations done. I spent a good deal of time talking with the guys that make the furniture for Rick Owens the last couple of times I was in Paris and the construction of many of his pieces are elegantly simple. Melding angular with curved, sharp edges with soft fabrics and you get some lovely results!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• H-R
          • May 2007

just a quick question, can you pull your pants legs over the CCP tall boots? if you have to wear the boots with your pants tucked inside the boots, i'd think they will be less versatile than the laceup shoes? and man, with these prices of the jointed shirts and the normal boots, i can't imagine what the cost of the jointed boots will be

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="H-R"]just a quick question, can you pull your pants legs over the CCP tall boots? if you have to wear the boots with your pants tucked inside the boots, i'd think they will be less versatile than the laceup shoes? and man, with these prices of the jointed shirts and the normal boots, i can't imagine what the cost of the jointed boots will be[/quote]

I've never actually seen someone wear the boots with the pants tucked in.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

he did a woven kangaroo scarf and vest too ^

there was also one season where he did random stuff out of woven plastic. it was kind of nasty.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Hehe, I wish it were that easy to create a nice result like the one seen above. It's probably pretty technically difficult. The key would be to have large sheets of the woven fabric that has been sealed that you cut your patterns with... tricky!

On the DIY idea though, over winter break or at least definitely over summer, there will be some furniture creations done. I spent a good deal of time talking with the guys that make the furniture for Rick Owens the last couple of times I was in Paris and the construction of many of his pieces are elegantly simple. Melding angular with curved, sharp edges with soft fabrics and you get some lovely results!

[/quote]

the shirt is not very hard to make,

actually, it seems to be a basic shirt made from as preexisting basket weave fabric.

I did a dress once, my first New York collection actually (S/S 2002) where i basket-wove strips of sheer silk chiffon and made a dress from it, It was not very hard. If the Archive of my collections were not in storage i would scan a picture of it and post here.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I was also thinking that Carol probably wasn't sitting there on a stool weaving the strips of fabric together.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

got to admit - i was thinking the same thing. Nike make shoes out of the stuff. In China. For about 29pence.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]haha, that shirt costs more than the leather shoes that i bought. hilarious. however, lanvin does have some pants that are $1200 so it's all sorts of ridiculous everywhere.
                      [/quote]

my favorite ridiculous pricing is the black linen MA+ pants at A from last spring. they're great pants, and i've tried them on like a hundred times, but $1400 great? i just can't spend that on pants for some reason. i think the prices went down this season.
                      oh, faust, i always tuck my pants in ccp boots or most other boots. i guess i just like staring at the boot. i always find that no matter what i'm wearing people always comment on the boots anyway.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ I like tucking in pants into the boots as well. My short height, however, limits my options.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i never tuck my pants into boots. it always looks very sloppy on me.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

i've got my father's chicken legs, so i mostly buy skinny pants, so you can literally see the boot protruding from under the pant if i ever try and wear it over.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Some CCP goodness.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

cas, which rakuten site carries ccp? can you link?
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎