• Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

I stand corrected!

My friend also wrote me after he read my response:

"Hi, Albert,
    I do wear frozen gloves. Together with the black overlock from last season that's smth!
    First several times it was blood coming from my finger, but now they came softer.
    I think going this way is smth what artists like MA, CCP & others in the same field mean. Not exactly to bringing pain of course, but to make people feel more than just wearing the clothes.
    Love hurts :)"

baller!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Tiger
      Banned
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Durtal"]I own the 'frozen fist' gloves and it's not true how Chinorz described that they're not meant to be worn. Well the leather does crack after movements of the fingers but it gives a great look and it becomes quite wearable. Jun can confirm it since he borrowed mine last winter while I was on vacation.
      [/quote]

hahaha welcome to sz.

oops i still have them [74]

do you want them back? hehehe

but the thing is,

it is still quite difficult to hold a cigarette..

Comment

• eaglewood
        • Feb 2007

tom2517

Have a look at your inbox. There is a message there.

Eaglewood

Comment

• ardeetee
          • Apr 2007

Is the new stuff that's coming in to US stores still F/W or is it the S/S collection already? I went by the L'E on Herold today (first time!) and I was really surprised how much CCP stuff they carried. I figured most of it would be gone by now, but the SA there told me it's all F/W.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

still F/W. ccp is usually behind in the production schedule. if the clothes get finished at all. another reason to buy every f'ing thing you can get your damn hands on.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ardeetee"]Is the new stuff that's coming in to US stores still F/W or is it the S/S collection already? I went by the L'E on Herold today (first time!) and I was really surprised how much CCP stuff they carried. I figured most of it would be gone by now, but the SA there told me it's all F/W.
              [/quote]

Well, it's not ALL F/W, they have stuff there from many many seasons ago that they keep up and around (even more in their storeroom downstairs). Since Carol doesn't go on sale, it kinda accumulates hehehe.

Philip is right though, production is very irregular with CCP. Even as other brands are going on sale, many pieces have yet to arrive from Carol to stores! Some of them like the jointed boots haven't even been seen by those that ordered it.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Apparently A is receiving a shipment on Friday. [75] *fingers crossed*

BTW Joey, if you don't mind disclosing this tidbit of info...what size is the suit that you picked up?

Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

size 50. there should be one more since albert returned his.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Yeah, they do have one more 50. My concern is that I typically wear a 48 in Poell and I don't want to purchase the size 50 and find that its big. Especially with the store credit only policy. Would you mind breaking down the measurements on the trousers for me?

Satoru said they might be doing another run of the suit, but was unsure. Anyone have any thoughts on how probable this might be?

Sartorialoft

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i'm in atlanta for work right now, but i can get you measurements of the pants when i get back to nyc. i take 48-50 (usually a 50) in ccp.
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

I typically take a 50 in CCP but for some reason the size 50 that I first received fit slim as all hell in the legs. I could stand up and walk around in them but sitting down was out of the question. Makes me wonder if there is some slight irregularity with it all... or if I've just been biking/sprinting too much [74]

Seems like they should have a 50 and a... 54 I think left. No 48's as far as I know.

The jacket sizes don't seem to differ too much betwen the 50 and the 52. The legs are just a smidge wider and the waist a hair wider. Perfect for me after I tuck in a shirt.

I can post up the 52 measurements for you as well Dave just for reference tomorrow if Joey isn't back at his home then to give you the measurements of the 50.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

as for a second run of the suits... no idea. I don't see CCP inc. being averse to the idea, but then again I could see them saying no (at least to creating the exact same suit). I don't believe CCP has made anything special for any store (aside from I think Lift in japan once... and some collaboration with 10 Corso Como) and on top of that, they have their whole "limited number" thing going on... you know how they are over there in Carol-land.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Yeah, your right. They have one 50 and a 54 left.

Do you think that once Joey gets measurements of the 50 up, you would be able to extrapolate how close the measurements of his 50 is to the 50 you returned and if it is indeed irregular? The reason I ask is that the 50 they have left is most likely the one that you had returned and if there is a slight irregularity I would like to know of how much deviation there is from on to the other.

I would greatly appreciate measurements on the 52 in the meantime if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks Joey!

Thanks Albert!

EDITED: Because it made no sense.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

So how much am I looking at for a pair of CCP leather gloves with full fingers this season? any ideas?

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

I just got an email from EM saying they got another shipment of CCP. Not sure what's in the order; I think it's supposed to be the jointed crotch trousers, boots, more accessories, and probably some more stuff.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎