X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

its sounds like you've experienced the joy of the joints working for your body---something that i have yet too. but i'm hoping the crotch knee will work as i've only tried on the shirts, good to hear its sexy, always looked great to me....
    personally i don't think the comments about the hooded leather are jealousy related, its just a big money piece so naturally people will have an opinion. i just think that jacket needs a few seasons to be perfected. i find the hood apparatus awful in the first place and can't really get beyond that. of course, i've only experienced it through a photo like most on here, and since atelier doesn't go for joints, it'll probably be some time before/if i do.

what do you think of MA+
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• desultory
      • Aug 2007

Thanks, Nod, I like your picture, the hard pull on the smoke.

Perhaps the irony of the hooded jacket is that maybe so few have tried it on - it has been visible in second-rate photos on the internet. It's successful delivery to a wearer will be the culmination of the correct body shape, which is perhaps dictated by Poell's preferred silhouette, and the intersection of affordability. The hood actually sits down nicely behind the head when worn down, and when worn up, it is very 'street/beggar/miscreant' - I'm not sure you can really gather the sense of it from afar, but I get that the gist from SZ observers so far is actually off-note, a bit divorced from the reality. The jacket is a supreme achievement, I've tried it on - it is superb, it fits perfectly, and no doubt there will be further versons, made of elephant foreskins or what have you, but the truth is, this one is a f,,,,,,n knock-out right now. You've just got to be the right shape to wear it.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

cheers everything i've ever tried on by CCP has fit me perfectly so i was a little surprised that the jointed shirt didn't work out. its kinda funny, its like carol creating more ways to further alienate the few people that can wear his clothes. actually makes perfect sense.
        nodding off to bed

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[quote user="DHC"]I am looking for measurements on the trousers. Satoru gave me measurements for the jacket. I thought the trousers would fit with no problems, but after hearing what Albert had to say about them I am unsure. TIA for your help Joey. I do appreciate it.
          [/quote]

here are the amateur measurements of the trousers. btw, these are probably the best fitting best i've worn.

rise: 11"
          hem: 7.2"
          inseam: 31"
          waist: 16.5" across
          knee: close to 8"
          back rise: 13"

[/quote]

Awesome! Thank you sooo much Joey! [Y]

So I might have to take them in a little bit. Probably take it in the through the back seam. Do you think there is room to do so without effecting the overall aesthetic or look in the back? I hate it when the rear pockets are too close.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

it's hard to say. the only thing that might be tricky is the built in belt/waistband thing on the pants. i bet zam, albert, or jun could answer this question better.

i'm not sure if the measurements are a bit misleading, but i wear size 30 in dior 19cm jeans and usually a 30/31 (usually a 31) in most jeans.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

there's not much room at all in the back, the pants are really snug, and i have no butt too.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

pnod, you decide on the crotch joint points?
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

Incidentally, re the "Safe" thing. I noticed last night that on the paper leaflets I got with shoes and a jacket from this year (SS07) "Safe" appears onthe front page, so the leftover soles theory can't be right.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Incidentally, re the "Safe" thing. I noticed last night that on the paper leaflets I got with shoes and a jacket from this year (SS07) "Safe" appears onthe front page, so the leftover soles theory can't be right.[/quote]

Maybe he's got a glut of pamphlets as well! [74]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[quote user="DHC"]I am looking for measurements on the trousers. Satoru gave me measurements for the jacket. I thought the trousers would fit with no problems, but after hearing what Albert had to say about them I am unsure. TIA for your help Joey. I do appreciate it.
                      [/quote]

here are the amateur measurements of the trousers. btw, these are probably the best fitting best i've worn.

rise: 11"
                      hem: 7.2"
                      inseam: 31"
                      waist: 16.5" across
                      knee: close to 8"
                      back rise: 13"

[/quote]

Here's the measurements on the 52 jacket and pants for your reference as well:

Waist: 17.25" across (but due to thickness and the internal band fit more like a 32-33" waist. The 50 was just too tight on me and I wear a typical CCP 48-50!

Pants:

Rise:12"

Thigh across at the base of the crotch- 12.5"

Hem: 8"

Inseam: 35"

On the Jacket:

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam- 17"

Shoulder seam to cuff- 29"

Underarm to underarm- 20.5"

Total length- 32"

Regardless, like Joey said, these are some of the best fitting pants I've ever worn. The jacket fits damn near perfect as well and barely varies from the 50 from what I remember it fitting me like. Cut and construction are the best aspects of classic Carol pieces all blended into one piece. Perfect attention to detail even on the inside (all seams finished with the overlock only on the inside, canvas pockets, the inner button "belt" etc. etc.

I hope the 50 will fit you Dave! My friend may pick up the 54 that they have at A. I've converted him I think :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]pnod, you decide on the crotch joint points?
                        [/quote]
                        still waiting to hear from EM. might try giving a call tonight.

gave them a call. they have them in a 46 in black, and a 48 in light grey. he said they're fitting true to ccp sizing so i'm shooting for the 46. actually rather have them in grey though...he's sending measurements to see where the joint falls as well...they are roughly $1250, but you can't return them, but fuck it...
                        also i asked if he had white/cream like in the pdf and he said he didn't think so thought they were light grey, just a really strong flash...man, that's a really strong flash

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

^ baller!

I cant wait to actually see someone wear the jointed pieces (that isn't that weird asian model hahahaha). I can visualize how these pieces work now... meant to be worn tight with the joints providing the motion. Very cool concept. I wonder how Junya's versions were from a ways back?

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Philip, can't wait to see them being worn by someone other than the CCP model. Maybe you should holla at the ol' boy Carol and see if you can fill in for him for the next season.

All the jointed underwear, shirts, tank tops, and pants you could ever want!
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

^ now thats a brilliant idea ;)

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

^ baller!

I cant wait to actually see someone wear the jointed pieces (that isn't that weird asian model hahahaha). I can visualize how these pieces work now... meant to be worn tight with the joints providing the motion. Very cool concept. I wonder how Junya's versions were from a ways back?

[/quote]

Here you go......in order to provide Mr Watanabe the respect he deserves, one must look at this using (the oft adopted) "beefcake yoox model filtering vision". Anyway it gives you an idea. I think Junya's thinking was (typically) more abstract - I think I read about him saying that he wanted to make very small clothes that still could be worn - so he used the jointing etc to allow movement. It's anatomical in a way but not as it's main aim. WIth Carol I think he wants to use jointing as a way to try to improve anatomical fitting, not in order to solve a problem creating by an abstract idea.

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/JUNYA+...s/searchResult

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎