• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't have the time to make 2.5k posts for them to be considered serious.
    I think the point is that its easier to comprehend someone being a dick when you have some understanding where they are coming from.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have the time to make 2.5k posts for them to be considered serious.
      No, I haven't seen them worn. Since when do you have to see a shoe worn to determine if it's nice or not?

Listen, I fetishize Poell as much as the next guy, but what's fugly is fugly...
      Kunk has those and no one takes him seriously either

I think what Christian is saying is that maybe you are not looking close enough. I don't like how these look either on those tiny photos. Maybe I'd like them in real life? I don't know.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

No, I haven't seen them worn. Since when do you have to see a shoe worn to determine if it's nice or not?

Listen, I fetishize Poell as much as the next guy, but what's fugly is fugly...
        1°) You should maybe take the time.
        2°) Clothes are meant to be worn, aren't they ? And the way they look worn - especially shoes and boots - is a bit different from what the look like in the window display.

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          2°) Clothes are meant to be worn, aren't they ? And the way they look worn - especially shoes and boots - is a bit different from what the look like in the window display.
          for poell i'm afraid this 2°) does not apply

the problem isn't there. aphex27, you are among those people who think there is something like real beauty, that people can choose to recognize or not, and that you're among those who have good taste and know when the beauty is in front of us and when it's not. but to paraphrase you what's dumb is dumb. the 4 of us have lost our time.
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            the problem isn't there. aphex27, you are among those people who think there is something like real beauty, that people can choose to recognize or not, and that you're among those who have good taste and know when the beauty is in front of us and when it's not. but to paraphrase you what's dumb is dumb. the 4 of us have lost our time.
            Whats dumb may no longer be dumb. Object Oriented Ontology raises the possibility that there could be something like real beauty (beauty that resides in the object) as opposed to purely subjective beauty.
            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

ok trentk but i doubt aphex is a follower of eddy zemach and the like
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                Whats dumb may no longer be dumb. Object Oriented Ontology raises the possibility that there could be something like real beauty (beauty that resides in the object) as opposed to purely subjective beauty.
                We need something called Object Oriented Ontology to tell us this amazing fact? Well, Jesus Fucking Christ, I say.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• several_girls
                  • Nov 2010

I, for one, like Carol Christian Poell's work.

Comment

• JACK TORRANCE
                    • Jan 2011

XXxxxxxx
                    Last edited by JACK TORRANCE; 12-10-2011, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• poellharnden
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2011

This is great store. Carol Christian Poell is amazing. I have these shoes and boots in your picture.

Comment

• JACK TORRANCE
                        • Jan 2011

Xxxxxx
                        Last edited by JACK TORRANCE; 12-10-2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

So, today's winning combination is 4-9-20.
                          Game over.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Thanks for posting those pics. I was curious to what it looked like. Very Poell.

I'm not crazy about the vagina Timberlands either but I wouldn't say it's the worst thing he's ever created. Certainly they weren't designed as a joke. That took time and effort. People will buy them. I felt the same way about drip sneaks and now I'm waiting on a pair.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              So, today's winning combination is 4-9-20.
                              Game over.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• poellharnden
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2011

Rubber dip shoes is the best of all.

Please pictures of leather jackets to make me happier!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎