• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC
    Unfortunately, neither is Sartoria.

hehe, I know right?

I know I say it all the time, but I still continue to kick myself for not having some Anatomica shirts made for me back in 2004-ish. $1000 each to have it done. That's close to off the rack pricing for similar brands these days.....

Any idea as to why he used that odd undercollar lining though David? I've seen it several times and couldn't figure it out.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• surver
      • Oct 2007

avantindietro shoes

thinking of buying a pair of avantindietro shoes (non-boot version) and wondering if anyone can share experience? how do they fit? comfort? any fit pictures for reference? how do they hold up, wear and tear wise... they seem very 'elegant', much less 'rough and tumble' than the cdiems... but kinda like the design... please advice...

or should i get a pair of augusta cordovans instead?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I've also been planning on buying the lace ups, I really like the whole shape. I've only tried a size that was too big for me, but they felt really nice. light weight and comfortable.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• surver
          • Oct 2007

so they're not very 'heavy duty' like the cdiems... do they make your feet look very small and flat? how's walking around in them with that weird heel?

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

hmm I'm not sure about the look part as the pair I tried was about 2 sizes too big (like a 45), so they naturally looked a bit large on me.. the heel felt normal, its not that far from a regular heel, just a bit rounded.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• raddy
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by surver View Post
              thinking of buying a pair of avantindietro shoes (non-boot version) and wondering if anyone can share experience? how do they fit? comfort? any fit pictures for reference? how do they hold up, wear and tear wise... they seem very 'elegant', much less 'rough and tumble' than the cdiems... but kinda like the design... please advice...

or should i get a pair of augusta cordovans instead?
              I think the shoe version is gorgeous. I thought they were perfectly comfortable -- the oblique and smallish sole wasn't really noticeable to me. Elegant is a fitting description I think. As for 'wear and tear'...I would avoid snow and slush.

I also think they look MUCH better when laced with the wrap-around method than threaded, but doing so probably significantly increases the chance you'll destroy/ruin the laces.
              Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

personally i think they are the best looking shoes iv seen since the linen over leathers
                augustas are a totally differnt shoe it depends on what your after or what look you want
                imo augustas have sort of become the norm id go for guidis

the ccp shape > augusta copy of ccp doesnt really go for me
                i much prefer guidi and diem now avant is really the only shoe im desperate for

Originally posted by surver
                thanks mike. so do you recommend them? or i should stick to the more well-tested although seemingly full of differing opinions augustas?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC
                  Could be mistaken...but, didn't you go so far as to line everything up to have it done?

check pm

Sorry about the late response

I got to the point of price discussion but I was doing it indirectly/cooperatively with another individual and talks sort of... petered out. I wasn't so super hardcore about Carpe at that point and so I didn't pursue it further as I was too busy digging for old DH hahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by surver
                    anyone happen to have the avantindietro shoes and can post fit images? have never seen them worn; only object images... appreciate it alot. thx in advance.
                    I ended up pulling the trigger, been meaning to for months but I had made a deal with myself that I will pay for these only with money I get from sales

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

Good idea mike; i try to do the same thing when i come to selling my items. Really i know people many people don't agree with the price on these. But imo if i bough these i would forget about how much they were after i wore them, really i think they are stunning. I had the chance to get a pair on y! recently at a very good price and it is still lurking around like a bad smell.

Comment

• awlouie
                        • Sep 2007

Here are a couple of my favs:

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                        -Bruce Lee

Comment

• awlouie
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust
                          Funny you should post these, Arthur - because that's what I am wearing as I type (only the shirt is dark brown, almost black)
                          ...Faust, I'd like to know what other CDiems/L'Maltieri/Linea pieces do you own?
                          "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                          -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Not much. A pair of pants, a postman bag, a short plum wool coat, and my infamous 12-ply cashmere cardigan. Still looking for the basic raglan sleeve top, and then I will be content.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Some Linea/Anatomica photo courtesy of Runner

Single Hide construction concept:

Anatomica Shirt

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Linea showroom/concept presentation:

Cluthinz

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎