X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Prototype vs. Production

I found it interesting to know that even Altieri had to make concessions with his pieces sometimes.

Imagery

Once again, BIG thanks to Runner!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
      albert, you just reminded me in these images of everything i visually appreciate about women.

don't thank me Spence, I just brought them over here from tFS. Runner's got all the goods!

completely agree with you on wishing I was as into Carpe et al as much as I am now 4-5 years ago. Sigh... to have stood inside the shipping crate fitting studio at X12... everything else clothing related would have paled in comparison.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I took my L'Maltieri jacket to the tailor as it had a loose thread, nothing major but I was taking in some stuff anyways. when picking it up, the tailor asked me "who on earth made this jacket?" apparently she had been going over it trying to figure out how the hell it was made; theres not a single visible seam inside nor out that would hint how the layers have been put together. a definite Carpe Diem moment
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

So what did you tell her?
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

"some Italian guy"
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
              ...she had been going over it trying to figure out how the hell it was made; theres not a single visible seam inside nor out that would hint how the layers have been put together.
              My first encounter was a quad layer shirt. Blew my mind away (as did the price). Wish I had bought it now (hindsight 20/20 right?). Never saw it again.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Love the shoulder construction on this. You look at it and wonder if it will slip off when wearing, then you put it on and it anchors itself to you. Brilliantly engineered.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

well, she seems to do very good work. I'm of course aware of the seamless construction myself, but it was cool to hear someone, who takes garments apart on a daily basis, to be awed by the work

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

this is the jacket. I did actually notice how it has most likely been finished, the only visible seam is the other lapel / side of the front.

back details
                    inside

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

all these Linea pictures, lovely! thank you Chinorlz & Runner!

Linea, back to the roots:

Sartoria

by alessandro tinelli
                      Last edited by kompressorkev; 05-29-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Runner coming through with the storyboard of the Anatomica development... but first a couple more shots of Anatomica shirts and a couple of shots of Fattoamano (the second two photos):

Pretty sure Fattoamano shots taken at X12.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Now here is where it gets pretty crazy:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎