Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

What type of leather are they? They didn't have the derbies in my size. I tried on the mid-boots. They didn't feel particularly restrictive despite how narrow they looked. I was just surprised to see that. Especially in the arch. It cuts in heavily.

How are you liking them all worn in? They're so clean-cut. It'd be interesting to see them less polished.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

i have the zip boots and lace ups personally i don't find them to narrow, i think they certainly give with wear. As for the arch i have found the leather somewhat moulds and give to the foot.
      Also due to the sole being hidden under the shoe i think this makes them appear narrower.
      As far as a shoe goes they are as beautiful as it can get.

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Avantindietro footwear are constructed narrow for a reason. I think it was Maurizio that once referred to it as a pipe fit. They give and conform to your foot. This fit is very different from Carpe Diem. You have to give them a try if you are too experience these the way they were intended. Mine are now like old gloves for my feet (Calf, Reverse Horse...it doesn't matter the leather composition) and this is true of everyone I know who have taken a pair into heavy rotation. Hands down..best boots ever!
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

they're narrower than guidis right? I remember trying the on and finding them impossibly narrow but I also intially felt that guidis were pretty narrow but now that's all I wear
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

depends on the style of guidi, personally i find guidi to be very very soft and to stretch even over stretch with a good amount of wear. These i really cant see overstreching, DHC i would like to know how you find the lacing on the avantindietros because there are various ways it could be done, also with these boots the tongue can be worn over or under almost transforming the shoe.
            What i find the most beautiful is the inner heel section appears to be cut from the same as the outer shoe body.
            I can only say they are beautiful in a way no other shoe i have owned is... avantindietro seemed to be approaching shoes in a way i have not seen. The thought process is different, the minimal construction and division of a shoe is a statement, breaking down to only what is really needed. Maurizio no matter what some will say still seems to be at the top.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

A short interview as posted on tFS by Runner/Crouka. As always, a big thanks to him for consistently giving us details and insight into this lovely line (er... lines). Many of these answers definitely resonate with my own design development and process mentality/approach:

Q. what is the reason you are attracted to leather as material and are exploring its possibilities ?
              A. of all the materials, leather feels the most natural and real.

Q. "all by hand with the spirit"
              how can the carpe diem spirit be expressed by words ?
              A. 1+1=3 ( it's our company name as well )

Q. you started your career as a designer without any fashion school training and the experience in working at tannery or as an assistant to a designer. what was the route through which you came to obtain creative methods ?
              A. nothing in particular. after repeated trial and error.

Q. how many artisans and staff members are currently working in your atelier ?
              A. four artisans and about twenty staff

Q. now you have the other label, lmaltieri as a non-leather clothing line.
              would you care about what is happening with the milan shows etc ?
              A. I don't care.

Q. could you tell us about the importance of material in your creation ?
              A. the material choice is a critical point in the entire creation.

Q. do you feel that your nationality or hometown can affect your work and style ?
              A. I don't particularly, since I dislike the categorization by nationality, ethnicity, etc.

Q. are there any movies, music, art, literature that greatly interested or influenced you ?
              A. there are various things, but I don't want to tell.

Q. of the events and movements in the twentieth century fashion, what are the most impressive to you ?
              and do you think any world-shaking great movements are possible in the twenty-first century too ?
              A. nothing in particular, but I think the new movements that move the times forward will happen.

Q. in the development of fashion that historically has been centering round europe, how do you think in the future african and asian countries can participate ?
              A. they have intriguing materials etc. so they may participate in it with the materials.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Damn!This is Altieri? He is one tough Cookie, I feel sorry for the Interviewer.

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  A short interview as posted on tFS by Runner/Crouka. As always, a big thanks to him for consistently giving us details and insight into this lovely line (er... lines). Many of these answers definitely resonate with my own design development and process mentality/approach:
                  the "nothing in particular" ones? jk of course

phew...he is clearly not interested in the interview here...

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

awesome. that's hands down the worst interview I've ever read by someone whose work I admire.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

he sounds kind of boring.

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

Altieri just don't care.
                        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          awesome. that's hands down the worst interview I've ever read by someone whose work I admire.
                          apparently this was done via fax. the magazine sent the questions to him and this is what he faxed back
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

waste of fax paper.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

if he's a regular salinger
                              better to leave him alone then
                              as his best work is behind him
                              or not for us to see

Comment

• Spencer
                                • Feb 2007

He was prolly busy burying shit in the desert. Chill.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎