X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I don't know which are more inane, the questions or the aswers. the difference of course being that he doesn't need to give a fuck, but an interviewer should.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

He clearly doesn't give a shit. I presume he could delve for hours but sees no point. He's so anti, you almost have to wonder if enjoys seeing people in his pieces. If that makes sense. Too anti? Maybe. I found it amusing.

more...what route have you gentlemen gone as far as sole protection?
      Last edited by Peasant; 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM. Reason: more...

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Reading the interview above, Altieri seems to have taken a cue from the Japanese in terms of the studied indifference of his responses, down to the particular wording and cadence of the answers. I'm almost positive he had on sunglasses at the moment he faxed it in.

But seriously, what a tough guy to crack. He makes Mick Jagger look like John Mayer. Then again, as always, the visionary owes us nothing but the work.

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
        I have yet to see any Avan. clothing. Which I've heard about sporadically.
        Everything very plain, very precise. Only thing that would raise an eyebrow is the attached pricetags. The stuff also seems to have been cut primarily with the Southeast Asian market in mind.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          I don't know which are more inane, the questions or the aswers. the difference of course being that he doesn't need to give a fuck, but an interviewer should.
          True. Sounds like another piece of genius journalism by Interview. Now, if a real journalist could ask him some questions...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

peas,
            I've got a few AV pieces --- a shoulder guantlet shirt that snafu has asked me to resurrect from the dead and a super sweet cotton Nero zip moto jacket w a crazy intricate over the top wrist and mid waist buttoning system that I'll post in the coming weeks. far from plain and simple.
            the calf leather shirt I had was unfortunately too small. my friend over at the archive made it work by washing it or something daring. I gave it away for the unbelievable amount of $550 after it sat for months in the dustbins of the classifieds with a level of interest that rivals my number nine boots up now. for all the nostalgic talk here and unending fan worship there, when it comes for people to put there money where there mouth is, the dick oven always sells. dead / dying / hiatus labels don't make good business in a trendy landscape.
            I've got also a double layer shirt (black/maroon) (which I've seen dhc wear) which has lots of pinched side stitching. I wear the hell out of it, it's one of my fav shirts
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              Everything very plain, very precise. Only thing that would raise an eyebrow is the attached pricetags. The stuff also seems to have been cut primarily with the Southeast Asian market in mind.
              Really? I find the Av clothes to be quite heavy for s.e.a's climate.

As for the double layer shirt, what I learn is that it was suppose to be two separate shirts initially, which end up fused into one reversible shirt.. The packaging for the clothes are pretty dope as well.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

End up being fused? I wonder how? Osmosis?

Thanks P, the sparse images I find online don't seem to show much detail. Most of the pants seem cut pretty wide. Interested to see that Nero moto.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

the black side has the pinched stitching, the maroon does not.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                      As for the double layer shirt, what I learn is that it was suppose to be two separate shirts initially, which end up fused into one reversible shirt..
                      can pnod's shirt do this

www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

nope^

the zipper is tiny
                        there is a button inside the cuff, that i have exposed. two closing eyes are underneath the cuff and you can adjust the length. however, it is so difficult that you must take the jacket off and fumble around for a while. same goes for the waist.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

that jacket is something.

unfortunately never got to see anything like that, only time i laid eyes on the 'tindietro was in Tokyo, just an endless row of plain shirts and such.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• een
                            • Sep 2006

lovely photos pnod-
                            thanks for posting them

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              can pnod's shirt do this
                              I have both shirts and I still say the reversible AV with pinched sleeves that Pnod has is far superior. Great jacket by the way. Is this the first time your posting pictures of the moto?

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                              for all the nostalgic talk here and unending fan worship there, when it comes for people to put there money where there mouth is, the dick oven always sells. dead / dying / hiatus labels don't make good business in a trendy landscape.
                              Is that what SZ has become?

AND:
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

i don't know about sz being trendy. sz is fairly trend free imo with the occasional RO lapse. there are favorites but i wouldn't call them trends. fashion as a whole is obviously a horse of a different color

but pnod raises an interesting question. if we use the classifieds as a measuring stick i'd say most if not all of the continues et al pieces that get posted up also get snapped up rather quickly with avantindietro as the exception. i bring this up because it puzzles me.

i remember avantindietro getting rave reviews from people (buyers/retailers) we know and trust like DHC and stephen from EM and others that many sz'ers know personally when it first started getting press, especially the footwear. but the connection is still somehow not there the way it is with, say, linea for example. why? same creator. a distinct vision. what's the deal here? the shoes are very interesting in my opinion and the little clothing i've seen hasn't been a disappointment. just curious on the thoughts of others around here
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎