Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mortalveneer
    • Jan 2008

something about the first two doesn't sit well with me, but I wouldn't mind abusing the third pair for a good number of years to see what became of them...not at that quoted price tag though...
    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• docintheory
      • May 2008

The leather does look nice, thick, and substantial - I am sure they will have great patina over use... Like mortalveneer, the shape just doesn't sit well with me as well. Although I cannot completely describe why, but for some reason they remind me of dutch clog or wooden shoes in the toe shape.

I'd be interested in seeing how these actually fit and look on a person (or trying them myself) before ever considering buying these at that price.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
        something about the first two doesn't sit well with me, but I wouldn't mind abusing the third pair for a good number of years to see what became of them...not at that quoted price tag though...
        this is the problem. "i wouldn't mind" isn't good enough at that price tag with all the other options out there. unless i already have one of everything else, i can't see myself springing for these.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• bonejelly
          • Jul 2008

i feel like the 'distressed combat boot' archetype has gotten a little predictible, and i'd much rather see altieri take influence from some different places to create something unique.

i agree that it looks a bit 'off', but thats one of the things that i've come to love about design (in general).

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

i'm afraid altieri is our ian thorpe
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Someone will buy it.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Those do not move me, and somehow they are indeed newer and different, but not as appealing as the original carpe footwear.

there is something about the original shape, elegance and simplicity of the Carpes that cannot be topped. thats why I try to get my full share of the range because here is nothing else that comes close.

to be Fair MA+ seems to be the only one doing a current range that could satisfy the original carpe addict. Layer-0 seems nice too, but there is something about the Carpes that cannot be beaten. When you have a good pair of five holes, every other shoe becomes a bonus, an add on, because after then nothing else seems to be needed
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• docus
                  • Dec 2010

I don't particularly like the first two - a bit too heavy and clog-like for me. But the third pair are gorgeous! You've got an approximation of the classic S23M shape, the bronze hint coming through under the beautifully shiny black, the textural and colour contrasts between the white cotton laces and the leather - everything is perfect... I would definitely buy... if only they weren't 300,000 Yen...

Originally posted by bonejelly View Post
                  .....i'd much rather see altieri take influence from some different places to create something unique.
                  Bear in mind, this is the M_MORIA project - it's a revisiting / updating of his past works. If it's the unique you crave, check out his Avantindietro work... At the time it came out, most people complained because it wasn't enough like what he had done before

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

I like those, especially the second pair. Nice clog-like shape, nice norwegian stitching - and nice cordovan.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                      • Sep 2010

Many of these reactions feel like new idea indigestion.

And it can go either way, but my guess is that this bolder, blocky style will find a place in our hearts and wish lists. It just seem so rooted to the ground.

And to amplify Zamb, from this stable, I think Amadei is the one who has hit it out of the park these last few seasons.
                      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

small-town, red-neck 12 year-old curiouscharles

+

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                        +

=

who needs Lugz?

-

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

m_moira saddens me

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                            m_moira saddens me
                            I agree. Fuck all that boot here, scarf there, limited edition this, limited edition that bullshit. Make a fucking collection, show us the vision, the theme, the exploration, the thought process, the talent. Get to work, motherfucker.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

maybe aitor can collaborate with them, the pants and shoes collection. no shirt required.

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

I can only assume the quality is top notch but compared to what altieri did with avandietro and carpe diem, this new endeavor just seems like he lost it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎