X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    you're not the only one. as a matter of fact i'd like to officially throw down the gauntlet to faust and any other writers lurking on here: someone needs to do some proper fashion "investigative journalism" and get the real story about maurizio altieri and the legendary carpe diem. i've heard too many rumors about the castle, the lamborghini, the drugs, the black sheep, the 10k+ suits, etc., so please someone get to the bottom of it. yeah privacy is good and great but there's also such a thing as posterity. shit i can almost smell the pulitzer prize at the end of the road.
    resurrecting an old post. someone should write this.
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• bonejelly
      • Jul 2008

at the risk of eliminating the esoteric element that is so appealing to me about carpe diem (having become interested in the brand at the very end of it's existence, and never finding much in the way of press), i'm with AKA and trentk, it would be great to get the full story.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
        resurrecting an old post. someone should write this.
        It's a near impossible feat, trust me.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

I think that there are enough accessible people floating around that can give you their version of the story. Though it might turn out to be Rashomon 2: The Last Scene.

Comment

• surver
            • Oct 2007

Comment

• surver
              • Oct 2007

Comment

• eckblk
                • Mar 2010

Thanks for sharing the pics, A!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Heh, wait til you find out what they cost. You'll be wanting the Aitor backpack instead. ;)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

Just a simple mandatory £4,000 assignment for yourself

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

Prices are as high as the designer himself.
                      Personally, I thought the packaging was more interesting than the footwear.
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

There are some gems in there that are beautiful in shape. And yet, and yet, nothing that will replace the S40.Also, I think it's 3k pounds ( not that it makes much difference).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I have to say I liked them a lot more in person than what my impression was from pictures. they really looked and felt special and impeccably built from up close. the ankle boots in particular were very nice. I liked the nor welts as well which usually isn't my cup of tea. they look quite "polished" due to the nature of the cordovan, but I can imagine how sick they'd look with some wear.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Enaml
                            • Apr 2009

So it seems our bling povera overlord has finally run out of money and is again producing clothing. looking forward to it showing up on shelves in 2016.
                            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              There are some gems in there that are beautiful in shape. And yet, and yet, nothing that will replace the S40.Also, I think it's 3k pounds ( not that it makes much difference).
                              They range from 2000GBP to 4000GBP. Naturally the ones I had my eye on are 4,000...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                                So it seems our bling povera overlord has finally run out of money and is again producing clothing. looking forward to it showing up on shelves in 2016.
                                Don't hold your breath. Apparently the man wants a revolution, forgetting that one needs an audience for it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎