Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lightly clean one of Rick's leathers? Mine has some small marks due to normal daily wear, but it looks like stuff that would come off with a wet towel.

Comment

• tangerine
      • Dec 2006

A damp towel should be pretty harmless.

Remember, leather is meant to acquire some patina... and Rick in particular is not one who promotes an immaculate look.

Embrace entropy.
      the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DHC
        I suppose commercial@rickowens.eu attn: Debora. I actually spelled the name wrong. There is no h in her name. She does handle Luca's emails when he is unavailable, but probably best to use the general contact email.
        Dhc
        you're blowing your cover
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Anyone seen this in person or tried it on yet?
          Thoughts?

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

when the tailor topic is up. would it be risk free to let a tailor take in a two-tone jacket? I think my L drapes a bit to much in the back, and just to take it in a centimeter or so would do much for it.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

question

Would like to get some opinions.

With regards to the RO leathers, do Dark Shadow and Dust colors go with black jeans? Or is Black leather the only way to go? And by black jeans, i don't necessarily mean black black jeans, it could be like the Dior Homme made-in-japan 19cm whiskered jeans, that type of wash.

Any thoughts appreciated. THANKS.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                when the tailor topic is up. would it be risk free to let a tailor take in a two-tone jacket? I think my L drapes a bit to much in the back, and just to take it in a centimeter or so would do much for it.
                hmm I'm not sure how the colours go over the side seams..? otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem as long as theres an inward seam on the side which I think there is on most of Ricks jackets. seams that have some sort of double stitching are always more challenging.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Charged View Post
                  Would like to get some opinions.

With regards to the RO leathers, do Dark Shadow and Dust colors go with black jeans? Or is Black leather the only way to go? And by black jeans, i don't necessarily mean black black jeans, it could be like the Dior Homme made-in-japan 19cm whiskered jeans, that type of wash.

Any thoughts appreciated. THANKS.
                  I think so.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

The colours meet at the seam so no problem with that I guess. But it is double stitching (well of course it might be sewn together underneath and these seams are only decoration?), I took a picture where the colours meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charged View Post
                      http://www.why-lip.com/rickowens_mens/027/

Anyone seen this in person or tried it on yet?
                      Thoughts?
                      the tight hood is preeetty annoying if you have long hair or a big head. It's reaaally fitted, and the edges will be glued to your face. the rest is really nice, and it's roomier than the high collar with pocket one.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                        The colours meet at the seam so no problem with that I guess. But it is double stitching (well of course it might be sewn together underneath and these seams are only decoration?), I took a picture where the colours meet.

ok that type of a seam will definately be more complicated to take in. is that the only type of vertical seam it has? you can always ask a tailor though but chances are it will not look the same.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

yeah, it has those on both sides and also two in the back, same stitches but they don't go all the way down so they aren't to think of. don't really think we have any magician-tailor here too, dying trade. :/

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                            the tight hood is preeetty annoying if you have long hair or a big head. It's reaaally fitted, and the edges will be glued to your face. the rest is really nice, and it's roomier than the high collar with pocket one.
                            Thanks for your thoughts. Btw, do you think it's warm enough for winter?

Comment

• Jonn
                              • Mar 2008

^pants are sooo fucking dope does anyone one know how much they retail for?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jonn View Post
                                ^pants are sooo fucking dope does anyone one know how much they retail for?
                                They are from drkshdw this season, basically a copy of the AW07 exploder pair he did for his mainline, which I own and love. Nice thing about this pair as it's half of what the mainline ones retailed for at around $500. Seem to have sold out quickly...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎