Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

/\ Why would you let others affect whether you like a certain label/designer? Can't you decide based on the merits of the designer and his creation, and your own individual taste?
    Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 11-22-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Some people are so stupid about this stuff it boggles the mind.
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Is mayer even wearing Rick in that shot?

Aniston has been wearing Rick off and on for a while now...

it's whatever though. You don't see people swearing off of Carol when photos of Brad Pitt on a motorcycle wearing it show up hehehe
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• beyondthemeans
          • Sep 2008

Does someone know if the Rick Owens basics (i.e. racerback tanks) vary from fabric this season? One site tells me its 100% cotton, the other has one partically made from silk.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
            Does someone know if the Rick Owens basics (i.e. racerback tanks) vary from fabric this season? One site tells me its 100% cotton, the other has one partically made from silk.
            there is two versions, where I guess most people will tell you to choose the one made out of mostly silk, including me. and for what I know they fit bigger this season then previous. that aw08 S compares to SS08 L, which sounds rather odd though, but I haven't tried on any of the AW08 ones.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Thanks!

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Charged View Post
                /\ Why would you let others affect whether you like a certain label/designer? Can't you decide based on the merits of the designer and his creation, and your own individual taste?
                Good point, we've been through it before here.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• darker shades
                  • Nov 2008

Of course one can decide on the merits and designs.......but I only mentioned it as a passing notion. I will remember to keep it to myself next time. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Well, there's no need to keep your thoughts to yourself as long as it prompts further thought and possibly some discussion, which is, after all, the whole point of these forums, no?
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      Some people are so stupid about this stuff it boggles the mind.
                      I don't think it's stupid at all. If you enjoy something before you have affinity to the creator and then you see the same thing debased by someone who does it cause it's cool, it can naturally turn you off.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

These forums are filled to the brim with people who only buy/wear certain things because it's cool. Half the things in "recent purchases" would still be in the shop if it weren't for that thread and the waywt.
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• jak1
                          • Dec 2007

really?

So, let me get this straight.. you all don't wear Rick Owens because it is the favorite brand of gary coleman and he is photographed wearing it all the time?..

whatchu talkin' bout' SZ?

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

I guess what I'm saying is people put way too much emphasis on what others wear. Stuff is cool if the right people wear it and instantly becomes uncool if the wrong people do. I could understand it if something became like a staple of high street fashion all of a sudden, but that's not the case here...
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

These forums are filled to the brim with people who only buy/wear certain things because it's cool. Half the things in "recent purchases" would still be in the shop if it weren't for that thread and the waywt.
                              That does not negate my point.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

I guess what I'm saying is people put way too much emphasis on what others wear. Stuff is cool if the right people wear it and instantly becomes uncool if the wrong people do. I could understand it if something became like a staple of high street fashion all of a sudden, but that's not the case here...
                                honestly statements about dramatic flutuations in taste are pointless. everyone here wants to be an individual but one within the herd. should i throw away my RO leather, fencing jacket, overlock, fishtail, etcetc because everybody here is a dumb poser, hell no, i'm a dumb poser too, so just celebrate the fact that more people supporting cool people doing cool shit, allows cool people to make more cool shit for you too consume. sure its annoying when everybody bites your shit because you post in waywt but the nature of this enterprise is sharing, and some people are more insider than others so shit takes a while to make it out to sea. and if you were the only person that bought an individual sentiments piece, really how cool would you feel?
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎