• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
    not that I'd have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I dont think celebrity obsession has anything to do with this, quite the opposite.

look, I think the point is that once hollywood names start wearing something, theres always a chance that it will increase the brands or designers popularity among those who want dress like celebs, in other words people most of us are probably not that fond of. the worst case scenario would be that celeb wannabees start buying the designer, leaving a bad taste in the mouth of those who appreciate the brand for reasons other than John Mayer wearing it. I don't see this happening, I'm just thinking what could be seen as the down side of celebs wearing something.

imagine if you buy a really nice shirt, and the next day you see some person you really hate wearing the same piece. it probably wouldn't feel super cool. not saying that its exactly the same thing, but I'm just guessing that this might be the point with the reaction towards this. I do however agree with the breaks, personally I wouldn't really care too much about something like this.
    That's what I said, but apparently it's too much of a mental effort for the breaks to process this...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
      ????????
      I would guess he's referring to the suicide tshirt.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

ah ok... got it!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I would guess he's referring to the suicide tshirt.
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Davie
          • Nov 2007

not that I'd have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I dont think celebrity obsession has anything to do with this, quite the opposite.

look, I think the point is that once hollywood names start wearing something, theres always a chance that it will increase the brands or designers popularity among those who want dress like celebs, in other words people most of us are probably not that fond of. the worst case scenario would be that celeb wannabees start buying the designer, leaving a bad taste in the mouth of those who appreciate the brand for reasons other than John Mayer wearing it. I don't see this happening, I'm just thinking what could be seen as the down side of celebs wearing something.

imagine if you buy a really nice shirt, and the next day you see some person you really hate wearing the same piece. it probably wouldn't feel super cool. not saying that its exactly the same thing, but I'm just guessing that this might be the point with the reaction towards this. I do however agree with the breaks, personally I wouldn't really care too much about something like this.
          I see what u mean now Mike. I guess thebreaks and I were just laughing at the absurdity that some people would let this affect them so strongly and whine about it every time a pic of a Rick-wearing-celebrity is posted. I guess everyday life would be really hard for you if you let these small things affect you.
          But well either way, Dick Oven for life [throw up whatever gang sign here] :)

Comment

• drexl
            • Sep 2006

Sorry for breaking up the celeb-wearing/butchering-Rick discussion, but they've added videos to the RO site. Most of them have already been seen by most (the Hintmag stuff and the Vogue one), but the first video is pretty good (the Arte one). Wish my Deutsch was better though...

Edit: Just added it to Youtube

Last edited by drexl; 11-24-2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by drexl View Post
              Sorry for breaking up the celeb-wearing/butchering-Rick discussion, but they've added videos to the RO site. Most of them have already been seen by most (the Hintmag stuff and the Vogue one), but the first video is pretty good (the Arte one). Wish my Deutsch was better though...
              That last shot of rick spinning is hilarious.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Wow, first time i saw him in an interview, i didnt know that he is so relaxed and cool...
                And as he states: Michel is NOT his sugarmama
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

That's what I said, but apparently it's too much of a mental effort for the breaks to process this...

Seems like I said exactly the same thing as mike here though:

I guess what I'm saying is people put way too much emphasis on what others wear. Stuff is cool if the right people wear it and instantly becomes uncool if the wrong people do. I could understand it if something became like a staple of high street fashion all of a sudden, but that's not the case here...
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                    • Jan 2008

Btw I was obviously being sarcastic about John Mayer.
                    I could not possibly care less what brand of clothes he wears, or anyone else for that matter.
                    Just a nice chance to get a shot in at him because he's awful.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

That's what I said
                      Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      Seems like I said exactly the same thing as mike here though:
                      youre both simply arguing opinions from a different perspective, I just tried to capture both viewpoints. I personally see some sense in both, I'm sure no one here is burning their clothes because of this, so its not that serious
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• reborn
                        • Aug 2008

...and the invariable knockoff. The only thing worst, in my opinion, is a lame version of "CCP, CDiem, RO, Lanvin, YY, fill in the blank," which the afore mentioned douche bag/celebrity would claim as "the first/original."

Comment

• dndy1840
                          • Sep 2008

thx ardeetee !
                          Last edited by dndy1840; 11-27-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

Alright gents, do the double layer Ts come in anything else besides 100% cotton? How is the sizing on the long sleeve, I wear an M in the cotton sleeveless tees even though I'm a 50-52.

Still looking for some form of pearl long sleeve dual layered like on eluxury but want to know the preferred material composition.

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

100% viscose.. i like those way better.

i want every RO basic in pearl. but i swear no one ever has the silk tanks in that color. wtf

Comment

• mesh
                                • Dec 2006

Chris anyone have what I'm looking for?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡