• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikov
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
    100% viscose.. i like those way better.

i want every RO basic in pearl. but i swear no one ever has the silk tanks in that color. wtf
    Originally posted by Piffen View Post
    I agree with Chris, the viscose fabric is nicer than the cotton fabric.

But I'm not sure I like the length of the tees this season, they're almost too long..
    is it true that the viscose ones don't stretch as much as the cotton ones?

Comment

• yepp. cotton is not good for retaining shape. any synthetic material or wool is good to preserve shape and elasticity.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

yea, but neither one stretches immensly nor go completely out of shape. I've worn a cotton one 10+ times wihout washing because I've had it on top another tee, and it has held its shape.

I've been able to stretch both a bit to accomodate my fit, but the viscose retains it shape slightly more as Heirloom said so it doesn't stretch as far as the cotton.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

hmmm, is that black ls a regular twist one or does it have some special twisting around the ellbow joints...seems not to be a double layer though...
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

i like the cotton ones... they just feel better.

i can't find any basics in pearl either... i only have 1 tee and i wear it more than the black and milk ones.

Comment

• Secretside
              • Jul 2008

WORK

from issue 8 of USELESS mag.. love michele.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                they are super long this season. I've pulled them sideways, stretching makes them wider and a bit shorter as well. plus they bunch up pretty nicely anyways

I pretty much like all the materials, the cotton is also very light weight and feel nice.
                I just got the double layer T in M and it's pretty big and long, I would probably go for S next time (and I am an L in the jackets). But as Mike says, it bunches up nicely and pretty much keeps the shape. Worn mine for 4 weeks without washing (not non-stop of course... almost) and it's as it was when I bought it. I prefer the cotton ones over the others, the T really is my new Golden Boy (if you know Seinfeld, this will make sense).

Really confused by the RO sizing anyway, seems all over the place, but that's a whole other topic.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Davie
                  • Nov 2007

Eluxury has the pearl in S for those who's looking, but it's marked up a bit. And I heard the double layer runs true to size this season, could anyone confirm this?

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

^this is inane question territory
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by mac81586 View Post
                      DIY

=

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Jon
                        • Apr 2008

is anybody else starting to get bored of seeing really similar stuff from rick season after season after season...? or maybe it's only because right now everybody wants a piece of this shit and I'm starting to see Rick Owens clone-victims and I swear to god I won't be responsible when I beat one of them with the crowbar.

that his shit is too safe - fucking jocks wear this shit man.
                        Originally posted by merz
                        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

I want Lebron James to have his own dick oven signature shoe. I would kop
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            is anybody else starting to get bored of seeing really similar stuff from rick season after season after season...? or maybe it's only because right now everybody wants a piece of this shit and I'm starting to see Rick Owens clone-victims and I swear to god I won't be responsible when I beat one of them with the crowbar.

This is not really that surprising, if you look at his street wear influence ...

As I think, I remember we have talked about before, his women wear has always been(or at least has become) superior.
                            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

yes, indeed we have. i'd definitely argue that not only is his womenswear superior (and always has been, imo) but also it seems to be a lot less conservative.

I appreciate Rick and he's probably one of the most talented and cool designers around. I was mostly just venting - I'm feeling pretty fucking jaded with everything these days.
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Yea, I started to get bored this season. It's one thing to have a signature style, it's another thing to put out the same stuff over and over again. It's not a good way to cultivate loyal clients. I have pretty much every single piece from Rick I'd want, a s/s tee, a l/s tee, the gimp hoodie, leather jacket, fabric jacket, winter multifabric jacket - don't care to buy anything else, cause it just doesn't change. Maybe he'll move on once he milks his fame enough...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎