Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

This however really is quite interesting, although it almost feels like he should have distributed the ideas across 2 jackets

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Maybe it's just me but I much preferred the black cotton he was working the bombers and such in two seasons ago to all of these nylon pieces. They certainly make sense with the sportier aesthetic of some of the outfits but something about nylon jackets still just screams "Spiewak" to me and look sort of cheap overall.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• i usually feel the opposit with clothes in general. people don't dare to put enough look in one garment. it's always so dilluted with mens fashion. i agree that the leather pockets don't flow very well, and i dislike the buttons, and i dislike nylon jackets. I would've made this in a cotton silk material, keep it clean and free from unnecessary seams, make the sleeves entirely in leather and with the stretch rib on the inside to keep the sleeves slim.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
          Maybe it's just me but I much preferred the black cotton he was working the bombers and such in two seasons ago to all of these nylon pieces. They certainly make sense with the sportier aesthetic of some of the outfits but something about nylon jackets still just screams "Spiewak" to me and look sort of cheap overall.
          Agreed, but I got to see this in person in Paris in Jan so I reserve judgement until then...
          There is something about the buttons that doesn't quite work for me. Is this the same one that's on the oki-ni site? Looks nicer there actually now that I think about it.
          Definitely an alternative to buying yet another leather jacket.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            i usually feel the opposit with clothes in general. people don't dare to put enough look in one garment. it's always so dilluted with mens fashion. i agree that the leather pockets don't flow very well, and i dislike the buttons, and i dislike nylon jackets. I would've made this in a cotton silk material, keep it clean and free from unnecessary seams, make the sleeves entirely in leather and with the stretch rib on the inside to keep the sleeves slim.
            There you go, I would buy that in an instant...

Comment

• Who?
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
              It feels cheap as well. I don't see how it will be comfortable in spring/summer weather, I think it would be like covering yourself with a trash bag.
              Last edited by Who?; 12-29-2008, 05:34 PM.
              WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I like the idea behind the piece, but the nylon isn't doing it for me either. I am also baffled at how much oki-ni is charging for those COTTON canvas trainers! Ugh.

I agree about the asymmetrical leather being a disappointment. I think it looks good partially zipped down but fully zipped it looks odd.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• cuddly
                  • Sep 2007

there goes rick, f*ckin with those leather patches on the arms. i think they're damn ugly. he shouldve pulled the breaks when he put it on aw08 bomber jacket with that plastic snap waist buckle.

Comment

• Jon
                    • Apr 2008

the arms are too short and could have used without the leather pockets... otherwise I like.
                    Originally posted by merz
                    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• pipcleo
                      • Jan 2007

anyone know stockists of ss 09 desert boots ?

Comment

• blacksuit
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

WOW This boots is grate but toooooooooooooooooo expensive....

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Pip-I'm sure someone can call up either the Paris or NY Rick store, they have them in stock. I believe the price is around $1200...
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

are you serious? those are ugly.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• pipcleo
                              • Jan 2007

rubber soles are good for walkin
                              leather soles are good for posin

Comment

• pipcleo
                                • Jan 2007

kidding aside
                                if you havnt a sedentary job,
                                need to walk distances and hate sneakers or any modification thereof
                                crepe soles are comfort

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎