Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

I've had my cobbler replace my crepe with crepe on my boot when it was worn completely, not an ro shoe however.

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

was just thumbing through those oversized lookbooks for the Exploder collection. Straight up coffee table worthy. Reminded me of why I love his shiz so much.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• darker shades
        • Nov 2008

Merz: Did it cost a bomb to replace the crepe sole with leather? You must have a good shoe maker/cobbler. I have a similar issue with an 8yr old Helmut Lang pointed loafter. The sole has worn off after many lovely wears, but I'm not sure how to replace it as my local shoe maker does not want to touch it.

This is the same issue with my contemplation of a pair of Ann Demeulemeester boots with rubber soles or the combat boots by Rick Owens.....is it worth its value if the soles are not leather......cos it ain't cheap......one can get leather soled boots for that value. Contemplation for the new year.......

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

breaking news, our beloved designer is NOT from LA, but from indiana. go figure.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by darker shades View Post
            Merz: Did it cost a bomb to replace the crepe sole with leather? You must have a good shoe maker/cobbler. I have a similar issue with an 8yr old Helmut Lang pointed loafter. The sole has worn off after many lovely wears, but I'm not sure how to replace it as my local shoe maker does not want to touch it.

This is the same issue with my contemplation of a pair of Ann Demeulemeester boots with rubber soles or the combat boots by Rick Owens.....is it worth its value if the soles are not leather......cos it ain't cheap......one can get leather soled boots for that value. Contemplation for the new year.......
            Is it leather? My cobbler replaces the leather sole, no problem. $15 per shoe or so.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Davie
              • Nov 2007

I found the crepe sole on RO combats extremely comfortable. I haven't worn my leather sole boots since Ive gotten those. On the other hand, it's not as durable. The crepe heels have worn down significantly after just a month of daily wear. I'm gonna have to take them to a cobbler soon to see what they can do.

Comment

• darker shades
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Is it leather? My cobbler replaces the leather sole, no problem. $15 per shoe or so.

The body of the shoe is all leather just the sole is rubber. But from what I can see the rubber is sewn as well as glued on to the base of the shoe. This might make it rather messy if removed incorrectly. I dunno....I don't want to loose the shoe yet I want to be able to wear it.

Comment

• ardeetee
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Davie View Post
                  I found the crepe sole on RO combats extremely comfortable. I haven't worn my leather sole boots since Ive gotten those. On the other hand, it's not as durable. The crepe heels have worn down significantly after just a month of daily wear. I'm gonna have to take them to a cobbler soon to see what they can do.
                  hmm, interesting how you got so much wear from a pair of boots that were supposedly "stolen" from you.

cliffnotes: He posts a FS thread where he wants to trade his 41s for a 40. We agree to do a trade so I purchase a pair of RO combats in 40 so both of us can get what we're looking for. Then he then tells me that someone "stole" his boots from his apt, leaving me with a pair that's too small for me. Now he admits he's been wearing his daily for the past month? Dirty move man.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

first lesson: don't wear anything daily.
                    second lesson: where else can you surf and snowboard in the same day?
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mamaboy
                      • Mar 2008

grey ro boots --o so good
                      but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• cuddly
                        • Sep 2007

that's horrible, hopefully in 09 people will be alot more honest. and cut the bs!

Originally posted by ardeetee View Post
                        hmm, interesting how you got so much wear from a pair of boots that were supposedly "stolen" from you.

cliffnotes: He posts a FS thread where he wants to trade his 41s for a 40. We agree to do a trade so I purchase a pair of RO combats in 40 so both of us can get what we're looking for. Then he then tells me that someone "stole" his boots from his apt, leaving me with a pair that's too small for me. Now he admits he's been wearing his daily for the past month? Dirty move man.

Comment

• Davie
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ardeetee View Post

Ardeetee, I got the boots back from him about 2 weeks later. His friend brought them back along w/ the ipod. I never hear from you since, so I assume that you have gotten rid of the 40s. It was just something that never crossed my mind that you still have them. If I fuck it up, sorry man, never intended to. You know how hard I tried to trade those 41, willing to take more than 2 bills loss, threw them on ebay...twice...etc...Those boots fucking sat in my closet for a month. It just didn't work out in the end.

I don't wanna leave a bad note or anything. If you wanna get together for a drink, my friend and I can tell u all about how we got our stuff back and everything.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

A few women's pieces;

Leather skirt is crazy!

Also liked this drkshdw shirt.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

wondering if this is going to come in black. have seen it in white and now this, dust?

saw this too. i this so much better than the straight ones.

i like that the cut of this is not so insanely skin tight, but not so sure i could do a leather skirt...

missed this one.
                              [/quote]

thanks cas.
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Kira- It does come in black (it's on antonioli's website), I just chose to pick the other because you can see the details better. The dresses and skirts are fantastic this season.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎