Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw Edge
    • Jan 2008

my post had nothing to do with suits or this particular guy, I'm sure he's a great person.
    just sayin the matchyness was too much for me, and also that i dont want to be so matchy or focused on one style that either look silly or avoid whole areas, like classic style

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      guys... i think 'old dude' works for/with Rick Owens...
      Of course he does, or he's a civil servant or governs a small country to be wearing head to toe, he's probably a nice dude, we're just discussing the outfit and older folks in general wearing things like Rick, being 'put together' etc, etc.
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• justine
        • Jan 2007

Well, styling matters. First, I think it's hard to look good in shorts. Second, those sneakers aren't the easiest thing to style. Third, that jacket is too much anyway. The sum of all this is overload, regardless of the age of the wearer (or it's relation to Owenscorp).

Having said that, it's no problem to put together a great head to toe Rick look even if one is over 40 (30, 50, ...). He does great pants, nice cardigans (drapey), ... it all goes back to (elusive) style.

Btw, Rick's suits are fucking perfect (just to damn expensive, last I look at a jacket, it was close to $3,000, the price of a full ccp suit (wtf)).

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

^Komakino still has the camel pieces on sale, I believe.. You should hit that up, It would be under $2000.00 for the jacket and pants, maybe?
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Just on the ongoing discussion: I love the fact that most everyone that works at the Paris store is older (I use the term loosely). It adds such a different tone to everything and they all look stunning head to toe, especially the older grey haired guy, whose name I should really know by now... he even invited me to the runway show. Anyway, I remember leaving the store the first time I was there and thinking that that was quite a nice perspective for the way I might dress in 20 years. Basically the same as now. Ha.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• pipcleo
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by justine View Post
              Well, styling matters. First, I think it's hard to look good in shorts. .
              a great deal of the owens ethos is about shorts
              and the casuality of dressing
              age regardless , you can either pull shorts or not

...he cant even resist dressing down long pants with shorts

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Laika- These, in black! :O
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Ahh this explains everything. I guess it all depends on your experience. I love blazers and I have almost no occasion to dress up.

I can see what you mean coming from Wall St. but none of those guys wear suits that actually fit (even if very expensive). I wear blazers because 1. They are flattering 2. Hardly anybody my age wears one, especially not a fitted one so I feel I stand out 3. As a rebellion against the pervasive super casual sweat shirt uniform of my generation

It's funny, I have more suits than my dad, but as a self-employed musician, I could wear juicy velour all day and nobody would give a f*%ck.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Yea, I associate suits with the gray Wall St. soldiers, the drugery, the uniform, the cages of routine and structured complacent society. Chuck it up to 10 years of Wall St. I appreciate good suits because I respect sartorial history, but I don't like them.
                  music

Comment

• electric_alyce
                    • Mar 2008

I'd wear nothing but suits if I'd have one like this/could carry it like this:

Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                      Ahh this explains everything. I guess it all depends on your experience. I love blazers and I have almost no occasion to dress up.

I can see what you mean coming from Wall St. but none of those guys wear suits that actually fit (even if very expensive). I wear blazers because 1. They are flattering 2. Hardly anybody my age wears one, especially not a fitted one so I feel I stand out 3. As a rebellion against the pervasive super casual sweat shirt uniform of my generation

It's funny, I have more suits than my dad, but as a self-employed musician, I could wear juicy velour all day and nobody would give a f*%ck.
                      yea, it makes sense. and i agree, blazers are flattering.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

More more more lovely SS09 shots at the New York Gallery site.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• swami
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          More more more lovely SS09 shots at the New York Gallery site.
                          Those canvas trainers keep looking better..And Iam not even a fan of the regular trainers.Would love to kop the chocolate bunny as well, reminds me of the pans labyrinth version of Donnie Darko

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

dick oven
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• tangerine
                              • Dec 2006

I ' M R I C K O W E N S B E E Y O T C H
                              the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• asho
                                • Nov 2007

[QUOTE=new_dawn_fades;117141]
                                Originally posted by electric_alyce View Post
                                I'd wear nothing but suits if I'd have one like this/could carry it like this

or this guy

and his little men haha

i think he once said rather jokingly in an interview that he even sleeps in a suit.
                                He does apparently wear a suit to work every day. The man can rock a suit. just kinda lost base in the early 90s but back in form now.

and i forgot tom waits ;)
                                saw nick cave last night... suited as usual... though his suit had a distinct boot cut... which i'm not sure i dig...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎