Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wiggles
    • Sep 2008

Croatoan - I 100% agree with the whole "streetwear-interested people will always be drawn to interesting hi tops" statement, that's what I chalked Wayne wearing DBSS shoes to. But what I wonder is if all these high end brands do get attention on sites like Hypebeast or other similar sources, is it really going to change their clientele or keep them afloat? It seems to me that these brands will need to either sacrifice their "image" for increased popularity or just stick it out through the economic suckage. Also, Eternal, I am the exact same way. My school has a dress code that isn't so Rick friendly, so my style changes not only from day to day but also from morning to evening. And Edge, when it boils down to it I think it depends on the celebrity. Nobody wants to see Hannah Montana wearing something that they own, but if a more likable celebrity (In this case Thom Yorke) wears something, people have much less of a problem with it.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

i don;t really give a shit, so long as it's not john mayer

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

is there a way to access the stag mobile-me picture gallery anymore? wish i saved them...

EDIT - Thanks Cas!
        Last edited by doldrums; 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
          is there a way to access the stag mobile-me picture gallery anymore? wish i saved them...
          Go to my flickr account holmes. Most of it is there. :)
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• quiet noise
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

This might seem like a wierd question, but could someone define the aestetic difference between rick owens mainline and his darkshadow line? At first sight, darkshadow apears to follow a more raw, distressed line of design, but to me it is sometimes really hard to draw the contextual line between his two brands since they both seem to be designed to fit the "distressed glunge" aestetic.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Well, I think that's the point. It's supposed to flow together in Rick's vision of glunge or whatever.

But for the most part, DRKSHDW is the jean line which includes all the denim pants, jackets, as well as cheaper basics.
              I would say the mainline is more experimental and clean (for the most part). But all in all, they tend to compliment one another quite well. (eastpak bags aside ;) )
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                Thom Yorke and even John Mayer is fine with me. Seal wearing ccp is just perfect as well. Justin timberlake is a big no, and rapstars is a huge no from me. They don't represent the brand in a good way. They don't share the same ideals. I don't want somone who says "I'm rich, look at my gucci bag bitch" to wear the same stuff as I do. Maybe I'm a snob, but they don't get what they buy and wear, they just buy it because they can afford it and the fact that it is expensive ( and because some idiot posted it on hypebeast, and they've heard gothninja steeze from Japan is the shit right now).
                I take it you don't care much for rap?

Thom Yorke and John Mayer could be doing it for the exact same reason. I'm not a fan of this right people / wrong people business and really couldn't care less if Avril Lavigne started wearing head-to-toe Rick Owens. Fuck it It's one person out of 7 billion. Weezy in a CCP exoskeleton to A Milli sounds like an enjoyable aesthetic mind-fuck.

edit: on a side note, Thom looked pretty good. I wish he would've rock-starred the fuck out even more and worn one of the crazier Rick jackets. He could swing it.
                Last edited by Servo2000; 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                  I take it you don't care much for rap?

Thom Yorke and John Mayer could be doing it for the exact same reason. I'm not a fan of this right people / wrong people business and really couldn't care less if Avril Lavigne started wearing head-to-toe Rick Owens. Fuck it It's one person out of 7 billion. Weezy in a CCP exoskeleton to A Milli sounds like an enjoyable aesthetic mind-fuck.

edit: on a side note, Thom looked pretty good. I wish he would've rock-starred the fuck out even more and worn one of the crazier Rick jackets. He could swing it.
                  I agree with you Servo. I really could care less 'who' wears what. If they wear it well, then great. If they look like shit, oh well...they look like shit then. I dont have that kind of energy to really care, honestly. If some how that were to influence the designers I identify with to create their pieces differently, to alter their quality, to alter their aesthetic, then I would begin to feel differently, because they moved away from what I am drawn to personally.
                  Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• sphoxx
                    • Nov 2006

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Enough of the celeb talk, please....
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

i saw emo phillips in yurius. i swear...

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

..alluded to it a while back, but now that its happened..wondering what people think of the eastpak X Owens collab.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

^wish the materials were a bit more luxe, like the geller backpack in leather. one of the few geller things i've liked.

Comment

• humancrack
                              • Feb 2008

^agreed

too bad they didn't produce it

Comment

• cuddly
                                • Sep 2007

thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X