X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

I'm not sure about all the shorts Rick's been doing. I've been guilty of buying a pair (or two) but I've since sold them. They're just so grossly oversized they're like giant potato sacks so the silhouette is just ridiculous, even on the XS (and I'm a 32 waist @ 6' tall).
    I know they have to be worn in context with other pieces that allow them to work but I'm not even sure what those would be outside of a strict RO uniform.
    And the jockish striped shorts are over the top too IMO. I mean, there are a lot of companies that do basketball shorts that sag to your ankles and drape like a curtain.
    I'd just like to see him try some shorts that are a little more structured with a tailored cut to them instead of these jersey cotton, saggy potato sacks.
    Between the size 'S' tees that fit like XLs and the shorts that fit like pants, if you're not careful you can end up looking like an oompa loompa or raver circa 94.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• btbam
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      I'm not sure about all the shorts Rick's been doing. I've been guilty of buying a pair (or two) but I've since sold them. They're just so grossly oversized they're like giant potato sacks so the silhouette is just ridiculous, even on the XS (and I'm a 32 waist @ 6' tall).
      I know they have to be worn in context with other pieces that allow them to work but I'm not even sure what those would be outside of a strict RO uniform.
      And the jockish striped shorts are over the top too IMO. I mean, there are a lot of companies that do basketball shorts that sag to your ankles and drape like a curtain.
      I'd just like to see him try some shorts that are a little more structured with a tailored cut to them instead of these jersey cotton, saggy potato sacks.
      Between the size 'S' tees that fit like XLs and the shorts that fit like pants, if you're not careful you can end up looking like an oompa loompa or raver circa 94.

Isnt that the point?
      i own and Love his shorts/pants that are oversized and unflattering.
      Never End, Australia.
      http://www.neverend.com.au
      General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
      Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
      Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

To each their own...that's just my personal opinion obviously but if ill-fitting, unflattering shorts are your thing, there's certainly no shortage and you can get them for way under $100.
        I'd just like to see the line offer a cropped pant or short (non-jersey/nylon, non-denim) that's fitted or another option for the s/s line.

I don't mind paying a higher premium for clothes that have a really good shape that fit my body...that's part of what I look for. Seems odd to pay a premium for clothing that doesn't fit your body.

I just wonder if people would still love them if they were by Diesel or some other mass produced brand. Since material (jersey knit) and fit aren't really an issue, seems like any brand could put these together for next to nothing if they wanted to.
        Again, I see how they fit into the context of the line but this screams FUBU to me more than anything else:

And from the back, they seem even more absurd:
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Silk
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          To each their own...that's just my personal opinion obviously but if ill-fitting, unflattering shorts are your thing, there's certainly no shortage and you can get them for way under $100.
          I'd just like to see the line offer a cropped pant or short (non-jersey/nylon, non-denim) that's fitted or another option for the s/s line.

I don't mind paying a higher premium for clothes that have a really good shape that fit my body...that's part of what I look for. Seems odd to pay a premium for clothing that doesn't fit your body.

I just wonder if people would still love them if they were by Diesel or some other mass produced brand. Since material (jersey knit) and fit aren't really an issue, seems like any brand could put these together for next to nothing if they wanted to.
          Again, I see how they fit into the context of the line but this screams FUBU to me more than anything else:

And from the back, they seem even more absurd:
          I love these shorts, they are sold out everywhere. If anyone is looking to unload these in xs or s lemme know

Like all overpriced RO basics, its the little things that make the garment worth the price. Such as the great materials, (even his "jersey" material feels luxurious) and the concept of course, drop crotch basketball shorts (not very functional if used for their intended purpose). They just sort of have that RO ridiculousness to them that looks great when worn properly and especially with other oversized RO.

Beardown, I have recently been thinking that it seems like over-sized, ill fitting shorts seem to be the norm now-a-days. I can accept that from RO, as that is the aesthetic he is known for, but lately I have been looking for something a little more unique and fitted. The new Damir Doma shorts seem to be almost the perfect length, and although some people find the double-layered ones to have a peculiar silhouette, the single layer linen ones have an amazing shape and fall just above the knee, which are the shortest shorts I have ever been willing to wear, but is a nice change from all the baggy shorts.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by midnight View Post
            Looks like some of the fw stuff is on why-lip. Take a look

Didn't know until now he was doing a wallet, too.
            It's more like what he's doing TO MY wallet... so many items I want. Am I deluded or are those prices really.... civilised?
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Oct 2008

64 000 yen wallet? i think it's just you.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

prices seem like typically absurd japanese retail
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

I think that he is talking about the fact that none of the leathers hit the 300000Yen mark...at least if i remember correctly, in last AW season most of the leathers were above 300000Yen, with the SZ gang high collar one at 350000Yen...again if i remember right.
                  Thus these prices around 250000Yen seem really "civilised"...correct me if i am wrong...
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

that's correct SA, just check out the current SS09 leather prices...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by midnight View Post
                      Looks like some of the fw stuff is on why-lip. Take a look

Didn't know until now he was doing a wallet, too. Perhaps the collection will include some other new leather accessories. Interesting.
                      As a matter of fact Rick has a ton of accessories - buyers just seem to pass them by.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        I think that he is talking about the fact that none of the leathers hit the 300000Yen mark...at least if i remember correctly, in last AW season most of the leathers were above 300000Yen, with the SZ gang high collar one at 350000Yen...again if i remember right.
                        Thus these prices around 250000Yen seem really "civilised"...correct me if i am wrong...
                        That's because of the exchange rate. Yen has gotten much stronger in the past 6 months.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

You are totally right Faust...Campbell just told me the same...prices seem to be quite stable...

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

Btw. what do you guys think about the reissued high collar?

Comment

• grapz
                              • Sep 2008

Looks better this season then last. Also seems cheaper ^^.

New Ann 09/10 stuff are also up on why

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

I missed the last one too, so yeah, was thinkinh about it...but it looks more clean now. Not sure about the leather, i liked the rough plasticy lamb leather which made the whole jacket so stiff...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎