Clear All
  • Nikov
    • Nov 2008

man that samurai coat looks soooo good.

i really want one now

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

agreed with beardown. those shorts are wackarnoldz. i don't think many people could pull them off well except maybe andrew.

saw the pieces on why-lip and it seems as though that the pieces don't translate well off the runway. nothing really screams out "this is dope" as it did in the runway pictures. maybe it was just styled so well?
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
        agreed with beardown. those shorts are wackarnoldz. i don't think many people could pull them off well except maybe andrew.

saw the pieces on why-lip and it seems as though that the pieces don't translate well off the runway. nothing really screams out "this is dope" as it did in the runway pictures. maybe it was just styled so well?
        Gotta disagree... I think most all of it looks awesome, loving the knits too, which I didn't see in the runway pics, and the shorts with the skirt (?) detail look superb. Don't get me started on the Samurai Coat...
        But to each his own. I know what I am pre-ordering.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
          • Oct 2008

nothing really screams out "this is dope" as it did in the runway pictures. maybe it was just styled so well?
          I agree, though I wasn't as bat shit ecstatic about the collection as most. I'm not all that impressed with the ann pieces I'm seeing on why? right now either. Is it possible that spring was so bad across the board that everything fall looked that much better on the runway this year? Either way, still better than spring.
          Originally posted by AVALANCHE
          is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

the rear end of a two man cow costume

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I'm sure Karlo will do a much better job than why lip. A lot of it looked great in the showroom. I examined the entire collection thoroughly, and you could make a real shit buy out of it or a really fantastic one - there was just a ton of stuff.

I tell you though, the tailored coats are only for the likes of Will to pull off.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by grapz View Post
                Looks better this season then last. Also seems cheaper ^^.

New Ann 09/10 stuff are also up on why
                it doesn't have the back pocket and has neck ribbing instead. either way is cool imo, but the leather looks lame.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                  To each their own...

And from the back, they seem even more absurd:
                  this looks pretty appropriate from a high fashion, design, architectural what have you angle, and from the back shot even more so ... nothing FUBU about that. Compared to some of the more out there bottoms coming out of Yohji Pour Homme, this silhouette is pretty tame and instantly recognizable as a "designer garment."

to each their own indeed I guess. I quite like the languid, blasted out of proportion thing going on...
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DamageX
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                    Btw. what do you guys think about the reissued high collar?
                    To me (and maybe it is because I own the Stag version) I think the reissue looks a little cheaper (and it is pricewise) in terms of construction and detailing.

I also own the gradient version for Strutter and must say that I really miss the zips that are on the upper pockets of the Stag version. Velcro doesn't feel right to have on such a great jacket in my opinion, I've never been a fan of Velcro though. Plus, the Velcro catches on the sleeves...

Also, the back pocket was a great detail and it's sad to see it missing.

Maybe I'm a little biased though...

PS I'm also interested to see what owners of the Stag High Collar jackets think.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

most of this stuff would (and does) look wackarnoldz on the majority of average joes wearing it, doesn't necessarily discount the piece by itself. Also re: the styling aspect from the show, the whole environment and what not does a big part of marketing the stuff on our visual tastebuds, those pictures in photobucket are just plain stock. Again just comes down to whether or not the piece flows with whatever the individual has goin on for them, and of course dealing with the clothes in person as opposed to through a screen...
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Assin just got ss09 RO in, quite a strong buy but ridiculous prices as expected. pieces (and their approx. prices if I remember them) include:
                        - silky lamb rick's jacket in black ($4.3k)
                        - calf leather high collar in drkshdw ($4.5K)
                        - space wrap leather ($4.7K)
                        - gradient leather scuba jacket ($5K!!!)
                        - nylon rick's jacket with leather detailing ($2.3K)
                        - nylon wrap jacket with leather detailing
                        - cape trench ($3.5K)
                        - jersey lame basics (l/s tees ~$420, s/s around $340, tanks ?)
                        - variety of knits (button up cardis, wrap cardi, poncho, sweater with damage detailing, + a couple of other pieces)
                        - variety of pants and shorts
                        - moon boots in black
                        - chucks in black

the silky lamb leather was quite nice, very soft and thin with a similar feel to the SS08 washed leather, didn't like the shinyness or lack of grain/texture though. calf leather felt slightly course and dry, and the gradient leather looked and felt like nylon, don't think it would age well at all as it was already flaking straight out of the box... also the velcro pockets on everything this season are whack.

Comment

• editevening
                          • Nov 2008

lol at those prices! Sounds like they did their buy from yoox/thecorner
                          #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• selkies
                            • Dec 2008

wow @ those prices.

Comment

• pipcleo
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              Assin just got ss09 RO in, quite a strong buy but ridiculous prices as expected. pieces (and their approx. prices if I remember them) include:
                              - silky lamb rick's jacket in black ($4.3k)
                              - calf leather high collar in drkshdw ($4.5K)
                              - space wrap leather ($4.7K)
                              - gradient leather scuba jacket ($5K!!!)
                              - nylon rick's jacket with leather detailing ($2.3K)
                              - nylon wrap jacket with leather detailing
                              - cape trench ($3.5K)
                              - jersey lame basics (l/s tees ~$420, s/s around $340, tanks ?)
                              - variety of knits (button up cardis, wrap cardi, poncho, sweater with damage detailing, + a couple of other pieces)
                              - variety of pants and shorts
                              - moon boots in black
                              - chucks in black

the silky lamb leather was quite nice, very soft and thin with a similar feel to the SS08 washed leather, didn't like the shinyness or lack of grain/texture though. calf leather felt slightly course and dry, and the gradient leather looked and felt like nylon, don't think it would age well at all as it was already flaking straight out of the box... also the velcro pockets on everything this season are whack.
                              prices are wackarn. for sure
                              but the appeal of all that cheap looking leather ? for suckers

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

for sure, wouldn't cop even if they were a third of the price...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎