may i ask what jodphurs are?
    riding shoes.

example,

looks varies a bit.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

no they're pants. can't post a pic now
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

hmmm, i think the samurai jacket is just made for me...all the criteria that you dont like P, i love...haha.
        Gotta cop some looser pants to wear the jacket with (the jodphurs you posted look crazy Merzilious)...ok ok, i will wait with my final statement till i have tried it on myself...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

to each his own. i really wanted to like that jacket. last year the button fastening on this samorai like hooded cashmere long sweater was a fail, and i had to return it which bummed me out. there's lots of experimentation happening in these new collections which is dope, but unfortunately i dont have the funds to buy a 2500 number that is held together by velcro that comes partially undone everytime you swing your arm past its tab. but i hope there is a new one down the line that solves that and creates a slimmer line down the waist. i can wait.

the blistered lamb sans ballsack hood is an example of the owens correction formula. he'll figure out the win eventually. and that one is a def. win.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            no they're pants. can't post a pic now
            shoes also called jodphurs, as long as my riding terminology goes atleast.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

ah, now i get it. The jacket closure is a velcro strap? like on sneakers? wow thats indeed a fail...maybe its possible to let a tailor redo it with a hook closure which also could make it tighter to create a slimmer silhouette? I dont want to wait one more year hoping that he does it better...

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              to each his own. i really wanted to like that jacket. last year the button fastening on this samorai like hooded cashmere long sweater was a fail, and i had to return it which bummed me out. there's lots of experimentation happening in these new collections which is dope, but unfortunately i dont have the funds to buy a 2500 number that is held together by velcro that comes partially undone everytime you swing your arm past its tab. but i hope there is a new one down the line that solves that and creates a slimmer line down the waist. i can wait.

the blistered lamb sans ballsack hood is an example of the owens correction formula. he'll figure out the win eventually. and that one is a def. win.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                ah, now i get it. The jacket closure is a velcro strap? like on sneakers? wow thats indeed a fail...maybe its possible to let a tailor redo it with a hook closure which also could make it tighter to create a slimmer silhouette? I dont want to wait one more year hoping that he does it better...
                there is interior velcro strip closure and the second velcro tab closure protudes out on the right side. it is plainly visible. the jacket in the arms, neck and torso fits perfectly, quite slim in the waist. the jacket bells out below the waist. you can't really alter the structure.

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

hmmm, gotta check the inner velcro closure in reality. Depends on how it looks worn open...
                  damn, i was so excited...lets see, maybe its not too bad

Comment

• kbi
                    • Feb 2009

I really appreciate seeing that on the one hand there are a lot of improvements made on past failures like the hooded leather or the zippers on the funnel jacket as there are also new experiments as probably the discussed velcro closure on the samurai jacket is part of..

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

what was the fail on the zippers in the funnel neck?

Comment

• kbi
                        • Feb 2009

Good fit in the shoulder section resulted in a lot of stretch on the seams of the zippers (because of the diagonal arrangement of the pockets the strain is also not distributed equally towards the main zipper but towards the upper part of the body.) Result is problematic arm movement when jacket closed.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

interesting...doesn't seem to be the case with mine.

Comment

• kbi
                            • Feb 2009

Perhaps my boobs are/were just too big :(

Comment

• humancrack
                              • Feb 2008

they updated some of the new rick owens gallery with fw ish

Comment

• kbi
                                • Feb 2009

I suppose there aren't gonna be any white RO leathers for the F/W?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎