X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • midnight
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
    In my experience there are a few select items that just never go on sale. I only know the policies for RO nyc, but at that store they (or at least this is what they told me) never put black leather jackets or the trainers on sale. It's fucked up for us, but I guess those items are looked at as "classic items" that will always be desirable, since they're essentially RO.
    I think this is what they normally do, but when I was there about a month and a half ago every item in the store was 40% off, including all leathers and trainers. May have been temporary though. A lot of stores have been changing around their sale policies / exemptions due the economic climate.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

Bottom line is all this stuff is seasonal, whether it ends up being exactly the same or not.

Can't sell something stamped Strutter when it's Crust time

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Yeah I think the RO stores ended their policy of not putting the shirts, trainers, and leathers on sale.

Comment

• Alarm
          • Jun 2009

yeah, was just there..all trainers are 60% off (but only tiny sizes left, for obvious reasons)
          Originally posted by Trebre
          Poell Pain is good for body&soul...

Comment

• tsutsu
            • May 2009

what's tiny sizes? do they have 38, 39 or do you mean tiny as in 41, 42? tiny to you may be normal for some others, like some ladies who want to get a pair in mens cut

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
              Not to beat a dead horse, but, atleast here we say jodphurs to those kind of riding shoes. Got a sister, girlfriend, grilfriends mother who's been riding all of their life and they always has reffered to them as jodphurs.

The subject isn't something I have a degree in so I won't argue too much about it.
              over here we refer to a specific type of riding pants as jodhpurs
              WTB: This

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Something I've been thinking about recently when seenmy posted his recent all-rick WAYWT was how he mentioned that even just trying the head-to-toe offhand feels pretty good. It matches my experiences just trying the stuff on even though it's occasionally somewhat outlandish - the sensation I have is that I'm more comfortable in similarly 'difficult' rick clothing as I would be if I was trying on, say, Yohji or Demeulemeester. My suspicion is that it's something of a 'rick owens shield' where the stigma and personal brand associations support your own notions of wearing the clothing even despite the incredulity of others.

or is it just the clothes? perhaps others have had a similar notion.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Theyre super comfortable clothes.
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Avyer
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    They're super comfortable clothes.
                    This to me is definitely applicable in a few dimensions...

The clothes, at least what I have, are very comfortable to wear, nice soft fabrics, nice leathers.. On my pilots jacket, the shoulders fit me perfectly by expanding and giving me the feeling of putting a second layer of skin.

And then, wearing these clothes I really never feel out of place, which is usually the case here in GA, where Uggs and A&F rule the "fashion" around here. But despite it, I'm really confident in the clothes, which might build on the "RO Shield" theory, but I guess I just love it.
                    Remember, be here now.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                      Something I've been thinking about recently when seenmy posted his recent all-rick WAYWT was how he mentioned that even just trying the head-to-toe offhand feels pretty good. It matches my experiences just trying the stuff on even though it's occasionally somewhat outlandish - the sensation I have is that I'm more comfortable in similarly 'difficult' rick clothing as I would be if I was trying on, say, Yohji or Demeulemeester. My suspicion is that it's something of a 'rick owens shield' where the stigma and personal brand associations support your own notions of wearing the clothing even despite the incredulity of others.

or is it just the clothes? perhaps others have had a similar notion.
                      no clothing is or should be difficult (unless it's CCP). If that's the word that immediately springs to mind about a certain article or oeuvre by a designer, then it's not for you...and not in a negative or positive way, there's different shit for different folks.

P.S. I say the above keeping in mind that my definitions of "Difficult" and "Challenging" can be separate. One is worth keeping in mind at times, the other is an unnecessary weight that could be done without.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kbi
                        • Feb 2009

what do you mean by outlandish? It's easy to wear if it looks good and it looks good if it's comfortable.. I mean isn't that just your perspective seeing rick owens as difficult? I'd say there are a lot of ann dem pieces that outdo rick owens in that measurement.

The look done by seenmy looked good but perhaps it appealed to you because it was a bit softened up or the things you find "difficult" were more hidden the otherwize. For example: A lot of the RO-edginess was gone due to the trousers covering up the huge sneakers or the top pulled over the cargo pants..

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

Don't think I said that I particularly liked seenmy's look more than other rick looks (i rather prefer my goosedown-wrap-thing to the leathers, for instance although I do appreciate the lack of the shoe tuck) - more that he also mirrored my feelings of it just feeling good in a way. It could be obvious - just that the clothes are comfortable and occasionally flattering and unite in a cohesive way but was more asking for others observations about the 'rick owens shield' effect as someone put it.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

these are both dope, up there with the classic moto collar as some of my favourite rick jackets ever.

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

is the first jacket the mollino jacket in washed lamb? the sleeves look really long whereas they look fairly "normal" on the RO NY store gallery..

Can you report what the fit is like on the first one eternal?

Comment

• kbi
                                • Feb 2009

Did you try the RO store about the skirtdrops? Haven't seen them elsewhere online..

But as we're talking of why-lip.. this new high-collar version looks good too. Wondering which stores are gonna get it in

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎