Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vikeid
    • Feb 2009

question about sizing for rick leather. is it common that the winter leather fits tighter? i have tried a ss09 leather before and xs was perfect. but now i have tried one of this season leather jackets and size s were almost to small, and i guess its because of thicker material and stuff? but now i wont dare to buy online if the sizing is so different. but.. to sum things up. is it just this season or are the sizing always this differnet from ss to aw? think i will prefer a ss leather when i get one..

Comment

• fivezero
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Vikeid View Post
      question about sizing for rick leather. is it common that the winter leather fits tighter? i have tried a ss09 leather before and xs was perfect. but now i have tried one of this season leather jackets and size s were almost to small, and i guess its because of thicker material and stuff? but now i wont dare to buy online if the sizing is so different. but.. to sum things up. is it just this season or are the sizing always this differnet from ss to aw? think i will prefer a ss leather when i get one..
      Well, I think as many others have already mentioned, the RO leathers can vary in sizing (by approx one size or so) no matter what the season, especially between the different styles. And it's best to try on or get accurate measurements before purchasing if possible. I've had the opposite sizing experience from what you've mentioned—small ss09 fit tighter/slimmer (but slightly longer) than extra small fw08. And I've tried on a small from a couple of years ago that fit like a large.

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

leather jacket sizing is the true mystery of what is Rick Owens
        WTB: This

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Vikeid View Post
          It's not just Rick, it's the same with m.a+, Geoffrey B. Forme, Comme, in fact nearly every designer we stock. It may be wrong but the way that I look at it is, the size refers to the person as opposed to the garment, meaning that a particular garment is designed to fit a person of a particular size. The designer may wish for a certain jacket to fit really tight and another to be loose and sloppy, so both jackets may be sized 46, or XS, but the latter may be considerably bigger than the former. Of course it's then up to you whether or not you stick with the designers vision, or size up or down to suit your own style.

I wouldn’t worry too much about buying on line. Just stick to what’s generally your size and check the stores return policy. Most stores will allow you to return an item to exchange sizes. We offer a full refund on current season’s stock whatever your reason for returning (check t&ms for a propper rundown!).
          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Don't know if this is where I should put it, but here is a scan of the Rick Owens total look in this month's edition of French Vogue

Photography : Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinood Matadin
            Styling : Emmanuelle Alt, Joe McKenna & Carine Roitfeld

I am personnally not crazy about it but thought it might still interest some of you. There are a few other *********** designers in the paper, I can scan them during my lunch break if anyone's interested (don't want to take the trouble if nobody cares).
            Last edited by galia; 08-04-2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

That's a lot of look.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Galia, please do!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

Ok, I'll do it tomorrow. Should I make a specific topic in Fashion Media or just post each look in the designer's topic here ?

Comment

• hobo
                    • Jul 2009

I second that, please do!
                    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hobo
                      • Jul 2009

What hempen home-spuns have we swaggering here,
                      So near the cradle of the fairy queen?

Originally posted by galia View Post
                      Don't know if this is where I should put it, but here is a scan of the Rick Owens total look in this month's edition of French Vogue

Photography : Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinood Matadin
                      Styling : Emmanuelle Alt, Joe McKenna & Carine Roitfeld

I am personnally not crazy about it but thought it might still interest some of you. There are a few other *********** designers in the paper, I can scan them during my lunch break if anyone's interested (don't want to take the trouble if nobody cares).

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Ok, I'll do it tomorrow. Should I make a specific topic in Fashion Media or just post each look in the designer's topic here ?
                        The former. Thanks!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                          That's a lot of look.
                          Do you not say a "total look" when it's 100% one designer ? That's how we say it in French, or rather the English phrase we use in France

Comment

• Rech
                            • Apr 2009

Do you not say a "total look" when it's 100% one designer ? That's how we say it in French, or rather the English phrase we use in France
                            Here in Italy is the same!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I think Mike meant something else. Don't know what it is though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I think Mike meant something else. Don't know what it is though.
                                I think he means that's a lot of rick.
                                Works for me. Rick goes well with Rick as Faust said.
                                I am milano today and it doesn't work quite the same way with some of the lovely Italian labels on display here. Ouch. I stick out like a sore thumb.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎