X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justine
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by christianef View Post
    im intolerant of the aesthetic. i dont doubt he`s a fun kid, probably does cocaine and dances like a machine and has haider ackermann suede pants blah blah blah.

his age and the blogs dont bother me ( as i mentioned i always see this crowd during fashion week. ((i also hate diane pernet...not because of the blog))...but yeah speaking of fashion week its testimony that there`s actually some cool kids who pull it off with integrity. Daniel, the dior homme ad guy youll always see around, etc etc are what like 17 ,18 and do the eccentric gender confused thing a thousand times better.
    So the bottom line is: you don't like the style of some 17 year old kid .
    Honestly, let a thousand flowers bloom and keep the hate venim to yourself.

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

reducing it to one kid is a bit of an understatment. honestly, its a fashion forum - putting design, aesthetic, style, clothing etc under the microscope is the driving force of why were here. any discussion ever can be simplfied into `so the bottom line is...not another c-diem off shoot, damir doma dust bags can`t double as tote bags... etc etc`but its fun to probe and clarify and so forth.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
        yeah, just noticed this.. and i have to reply

now, i'm not an expert on things savage and raw - in fact, i don't even know what the original poster means by that, but i have to concede that the fellow, young as he may be, looks very elegant in that particular photograph. i'll go further to say that he does the clothes more justice than most of those who wear them. I'd much rather be looking at him all day than some gnarly douches in the sort of getup.

those who dismiss him because of his age should perhaps recall their early days of expressing concern with the state of their wardrobe. don't know about you, but i used to operate with the torn-pantihose 'alien sex fiend'-leather crowd. if i could have skipped that episode straight into dick wedge land, i probably would.
        You walked the line between good and evil?
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

He's a kid man, expressing himself in the only way he knows how. Yes, it's a little predictable, but 'hate' is a strong word. When I was that age I was equally predictable and not half as cool.

...give 'em a break, lol.
          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hobo
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            /\ damn, man - that's harsh. no need to be that nasty.
            Not nasty... just fact!

Originally posted by cabl3 View Post
            excuse me for asking (as the everyone else seems to know the answer)
            but where/when are these new black aircuts available?
            Pollyanna... soon!

Originally posted by justine View Post
            So the bottom line is: you don't like the style of some 17 year old kid .
            Honestly, let a thousand flowers bloom and keep the hate venim to yourself.
            Thank you!

im intolerant of the aesthetic. i dont doubt he`s a fun kid, probably does cocaine and dances like a machine and has haider ackermann suede pants blah blah blah.

his age and the blogs dont bother me ( as i mentioned i always see this crowd during fashion week. ((i also hate diane pernet...not because of the blog))...but yeah speaking of fashion week its testimony that there`s actually some cool kids who pull it off with integrity. Daniel, the dior homme ad guy youll always see around, etc etc are what like 17 ,18 and do the eccentric gender confused thing a thousand times better.
            You really don't get it, do you? It's not about his aesthetic, it's about the fact that he's gone out on a limb enough to make us discuss what he's wearing. It's about the fact that he's expressing himself. Whether you like it or not, that’s a good thing.

It's people like you that stifle creativity, usually in the name of creativity.

You haven't even offered a constructive criticism.

Very fucking poor man, really!

reducing it to one kid is a bit of an understatment. honestly, its a fashion forum - putting design, aesthetic, style, clothing etc under the microscope is the driving force of why were here. any discussion ever can be simplfied into `so the bottom line is...not another c-diem off shoot, damir doma dust bags can`t double as tote bags... etc etc`but its fun to probe and clarify and so forth.
            "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• christianef
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merz
              yeah, just noticed this.. and i have to reply

now, i'm not an expert on things savage and raw - in fact, i don't even know what the original poster means by that, but i have to concede that the fellow, young as he may be, looks very elegant in that particular photograph. i'll go further to say that he does the clothes more justice than most of those who wear them. I'd much rather be looking at him all day than some gnarly douches in the sort of getup.

those who dismiss him because of his age should perhaps recall their early days of expressing concern with the state of their wardrobe. don't know about you, but i used to operate with the torn-pantihose 'alien sex fiend'-leather crowd. if i could have skipped that episode straight into dick wedge land, i probably would.
              again, i dont take issue with his age. i think the wedge with the rest of the ensemble and the way he generally presents him self looks tacky. womenswear can look great on guys, and it can look terribly silly. case and point.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

I like the freaks cause they like it the fashion.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  ^ ro store nyc. looks like we're back on topic.
                  looks like we're back on topic. i rick fall 09.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

I that P Rick A09 bc i Rick 09 too...SZ, show me some , i need more in my life...

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                    looks like we're back on topic. i rick fall 09.
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

group hug everyone rick fw09 elk boots samurai jacket save the hate for the hall of shame thread oooh wait it's gone it's only cottom ramie up in here
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

classic diego
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• almroth
                          • Jul 2008

shrinkwrapped bambi looks adoreable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

yeah, guys, stop fighting, seriously. i wouldn't put this as strongly as christianef, but i'm on her side - i think these kids who dress up like clowns to go to fashion shows in the hope of being photographed by some irrelevant blogs. it's superficial and vain. and yeah, we are all vain, blah, blah, blah, but some are more than others.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• verimatras
                              • Aug 2009

Hello, anybody has this drk jacket(is the rick poplin good ?)
                              I can't find pictures of this jacket in black. someone ?
                              http://www.why-lip.com/drkshdw_mens/02/

Thank you

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                yeah, guys, stop fighting, seriously. i wouldn't put this as strongly as christianef, but i'm on her side - i think these kids who dress up like clowns to go to fashion shows in the hope of being photographed by some irrelevant blogs. it's superficial and vain. and yeah, we are all vain, blah, blah, blah, but some are more than others.
                                Can't argue with that..go back and forth on that reflective analysis quite often....advice is get off your "own" back and enjoy, but certainly there is a tipping point where maturity is defeated by the ego....abstractly; can medges and humility coexist?
                                It has been a very difficult year

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎