X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
    Can't argue with that..go back and forth on that reflective analysis quite often....advice is get off your "own" back and enjoy, but certainly there is a tipping point where maturity is defeated by the ego....abstractly; can medges and humility coexist?
    Who actually feels properly represented by a male wedge, or very high heels, without having fallen victim to the hype or the externally created desire to stand out in today's blah society? Rick Owens could be the purest example, as he wears his own designs, and claims to design typically for himself.. But I always wonder if he designing with only himself and his avant-garde personality in mind, or if his pro-effeminate looks a lashing out at a prude society. Is the purpose to..

1. represent yourself as you really are(?)
    2. force onlookers' faces into something shocking, or is it
    3. a building upon your own ego and persona by borrowing from the ideas of Rick Owens (and CCP and the rest of the gang)?

Either way, the thing about younger fashionistas is that everyone assumes that he's wearing it because maybe he hasn't established a persona that he can translate into an outfit, and the assumption becomes that he is a type two, which is arguably the shallowest m.o. and makes the wearer seem silly, but still a valid reason, I suppose.. Plus the little cross dressing boy thing has been done countless times, and is a bit of a stock character in the fashion scene.. Irritatingly vapid and boring.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• justine
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
      Plus the little cross dressing boy thing has been done countless times, and is a bit of a stock character in the fashion scene.. Irritatingly vapid and boring.
      You know, for a very feminine boy who most likely is gay, this is a very natural state of being. I know many, and I can tell you that their androgyny isn't forced at all...it's the most natural thing to them. So for us to sit here, and judge them from afar, using demeaning tones ("little cross dressing boy"), I'm sorry but this makes us look like real assholes.
      I'm so over this shit, I'm putting a pnod and logging out for a while.
      Have fun amongst yourselves.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
        Can't argue with that..go back and forth on that reflective analysis quite often....advice is get off your "own" back and enjoy, but certainly there is a tipping point where maturity is defeated by the ego....abstractly; can medges and humility coexist?
        A question worth debating for sure!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by justine View Post
          You know, for a very feminine boy who most likely is gay, this is a very natural state of being. I know many, and I can tell you that their androgyny isn't forced at all...it's the most natural thing to them. So for us to sit here, and judge them from afar, using demeaning tones ("little cross dressing boy"), I'm sorry but this makes us look like real assholes.
          I'm so over this shit, I'm putting a pnod and logging out for a while.
          Have fun amongst yourselves.
          Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
          Who actually feels properly represented by a male wedge, or very high heels, without having fallen victim to the hype or the externally created desire to stand out in today's blah society? Rick Owens could be the purest example, as he wears his own designs, and claims to design typically for himself.. But I always wonder if he designing with only himself and his avant-garde personality in mind, or if his pro-effeminate looks a lashing out at a prude society. Is the purpose to..

1. represent yourself as you really are(?)
          2. force onlookers' faces into something shocking, or is it
          3. a building upon your own ego and persona by borrowing from the ideas of Rick Owens (and CCP and the rest of the gang)?

Either way, the thing about younger fashionistas is that everyone assumes that he's wearing it because maybe he hasn't established a persona that he can translate into an outfit, and the assumption becomes that he is a type two, which is arguably the shallowest m.o. and makes the wearer seem silly, but still a valid reason, I suppose.. Plus the little cross dressing boy thing has been done countless times, and is a bit of a stock character in the fashion scene.. Irritatingly vapid and boring.
          Originally posted by Faust View Post
          A question worth debating for sure!
          Ok, first of all let it be known that I've had a drink... again! So sorry, before I start but...

Thank you guys, finally someone says it as it is. There is not a lot to add to these eloquent points of view, but to say to all those who slated this kid, you're missing the point. You are not even debating his costume but his motives! And that my friends is where we get into scary fascist shit! There are plenty of people out there who wear naff outfits, but what you have to ask yourself is, why you picked this kid to attack. The issues are bigger than what he is wearing. The issue is his freedom to wear what he chooses without being bullied into conforming, which is ironically exactly what he is rebelling against.

There is no difference between the people who criticize this kid on the basis of what he represents, and the middle class drones who look you up and down in your Rick Owens when you enter a posh restaurant.

YOU ARE JUDJING HIM (not his outfit)! For fuck's sake, can you not see what is wrong with that, or are you exactly the kind of thoughtless, conservative, elitists that I have bucked against all my life???

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hobo
            • Jul 2009

1 2 3 4 5
            "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Canaduh0415
              • Feb 2008

my comment was designed to avoid/assuage the judgement and rather pose, between the lines for those who can decipher, are there; in their essense, clothes which represent or reveal the lack thereof reflective analysis and or designers at large....????
              It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Aha! We caught a drunken hobo. Let's chat before he sobers up and then we can blackmail him for some RO goodies!!!

But, before we proceed - I don't know what the kids represents. I mean, I've never talked to him. I want an explanation.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                  • Jul 2009

Hey I don't disagree.

I just cannot stand by and see this kid ripped apart on the basis of what he represents!

If anyone wants to tear apart his look on the basis of aesthetics, let’s go, I'll join in, but I* haven't heard anyone do that yet!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I must say, he looks very cute in that picture. But I am sure you've seen other pictures of that gang, have you not?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                      • Jul 2009

What does he represent?

I don't know... does it matter? The point is people are attacking that and not his asthetic.

Comment

• hobo
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I must say, he looks very cute in that picture. But I am sure you've seen other pictures of that gang, have you not?
                        Yes I have, and they annoy me too if I'm honest! But I wish that they didn't. Because I'm better than that!

What are we here to discuss aesthetics or politics.

To me he's just a kid trying to get noticed, like any other kid of the same age.

In fact scrub that... He's just trying to get noticed like all the rest of us, he just hasn't learned the game like you and I... and maybe he never will!

Comment

• hobo
                          • Jul 2009

Oh god, I can hardly see the screen!

I should go now!

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hobo View Post
                            Yes I have, and they annoy me too if I'm honest! But I wish that they didn't. Because I'm better than that!

What are we here to discuss aesthetics or politics.

To me he's just a kid trying to get noticed, like any other kid of the same age.

In fact scrub that... He's just trying to get noticed like all the rest of us, he just hasn't learned the game like you and I... and maybe he never will!
                            Agreed on the last sentence, but do you find a certain disposition attracted to a certain aesthetic is what I am adding to this discussion, or are these just part of the kaleidoscope within the personality of any urban dweller?
                            It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• hobo
                              • Jul 2009

Of course I'm attracted to certain aesthetic, and I find what he's wearing very fucking dull, but that's my point, what he's wearing is hardly worth commenting on. I'm not defending what he's wearing, I'm defending his right to do it free from persecution from the older boys at school!

Comment

• hobo
                                • Jul 2009

Ok,

Really, I can't see the monitor...

I have to go now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎