Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almroth
    • Jul 2008

I think that people will view rick as a pioneer that created his own look, especially considering the buzz that's been going on lately. I do think a lot of his pieces are timeless, for example some of the rick leathers, while other pieces may not be. sometimes the "small things" matter more in the long run..

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Still, I fully expect to look at pictures of myself in 10 years thinking WTF was I wearing? (Answer: Elephant boots, etc)
      Anything else would be disappointing.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
        According to him, Rick is the perfect example of a contemporal trend of the late 00s and that he isnt gonna leave any lasting impact on the world of fashion.

What do you guys belive people are gonna think of rick and his current work in 10 years? is his work timeless or just a passing trend?
        I have a feeling your friend doesn't realize how much of an influence he has already had on other labels and designers. so to say that he wont leave any impact is simply wrong, whether or not it will remain for say 20 years is impossible to say.

the fact that you described him as conservative might explain why he thinks so though, if his impression of RO is very superficial it can be easy to view his work as just a trend.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I think of Rick the way I think of Yohji and Ann - not in the sense of technical mastery, but in the sense that gerry pointed out in the designer ratings thread - that they are able to create their own universe and be very successful at it. So, yes, I think Rick's not going anywhere and he will go down in the history of fashion. Please don't forget how little time he has been in business. When I hear people bitching about how he lacks talent, I invite them to look at Yohji's, Rei's, Helmut's, even Ann's earlier collections - they are not nearly close to the mastery of their later work. Oh, and let's not forget the kind of garbage our beloved Carol has been making up until few years ago...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
            Today i got into a pretty fierce debate with one of my friends who is pretty conservative when it comes to fashion.

According to him, Rick is the perfect example of a contemporal trend of the late 00s and that he isnt gonna leave any lasting impact on the world of fashion.

What do you guys belive people are gonna think of rick and his current work in 10 years? is his work timeless or just a passing trend?
            Nothing is timeless and we're talking about clothes, what is really relevant is the impact he has now.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Konzern
              • Oct 2008

Here's a zip with a few itempics from AW08 STAG,
              only 8 downloads left...

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I think sendspace, zshare and some others have unlimited downloads
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• reac99
                  • Sep 2009

Yes, can someone who managed to snag the file, upload it to another provider? I'd be most grateful.
                  R76 Travel - Airlines, hotels, guides, news, accessories and everything related…

Comment

• Konzern
                    • Oct 2008

Here you go

Comment

• reac99
                      • Sep 2009

That was super fast. Thanks a lot!
                      R76 Travel - Airlines, hotels, guides, news, accessories and everything related…

Comment

• klaxon
                        • Dec 2007

The new issue of man about town has a good article when rick met the Russian artist andrei molodkin. Someone should post it in the media thread.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by klaxon View Post
                          The new issue of man about town has a good article when rick met the Russian artist andrei molodkin. Someone should post it in the media thread.
                          Can that someone be you?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• klaxon
                            • Dec 2007

Yes I will within a day or too.

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Can that someone be you?

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

r.i.p. :(
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎