X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by kbi View Post
    has someone been to the NY store lately and noticed wether they've got the black cap toe sneakz in leather?
    Was there last week and no, didn't have sneaks. Mid Feb for new season.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• bulletproofsoul
      • Feb 2010

Fake Rick Owens jackets?

I'm hoping one (or more) of the gurus/Rick Owens fans can give me a definitive answer on the issue of authenticity for a Rick Owens jacket I purchased from an ebay seller. I know there are fake RO sneakers, but up until now I had never heard of any fakes of the jacket. It's the black biker jacket. The detail on the jacket that disturbs me the most is the signature on the inside lining. I have never seen a Rick Owens signature look like this:

What is supposed to be a "k" at the end of Rick, is actually a capital "A"! This, of course, made me assume this was a fake, but I wanted to get some other opinions just in case this is some weird sample or defect.

Close up of the "Rick"

Zips are YKK and not the RY zips. Also here is a pic of the interior tag:

The jacket:

Any help from you experts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by bulletproofsoul View Post

What is supposed to be a "k" at the end of Rick, is actually a capital "A"! This, of course, made me assume this was a fake, but I wanted to get some other opinions just in case this is some weird sample or defect.

Any help from you experts would be GREATLY appreciated.
        Wrong thread ( should be in legit checks ) but I wouldn't touch this. Smells so fake I am getting nauseous.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Mrbeuys, with all due respect, if these are becoming widespread or exist at all, it's probably in everyone's best interest if it's discussed here so members are made aware of it. If Faust feels it's better to move these, he's the host...he can make the call.

I think most people don't feel like it's much of a threat so a lot assume that the jackets are legit, even though a lot of people buy them from forums and Ebay.

Here's a shot of my jacket:

Notice the distinct break in the 'K' vs the one on yours.
          I've several others with the exact same thing. It is, after all, an embroidery so variations are virtually impossible in terms of a flaw.

Definitely something wacky and something for people to consider.
          The knockoffs on the dunks are getting much, much better from what I've seen...all of the telltale signs of the old knockoffs have been corrected for the most part. They're still made with rubbish quality but some of the aspects of the fakes aren't there anymore.
          People are right to be suspicious now more than ever since the popularity of the brand has picked up so much.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            Mrbeuys, with all due respect, if these are becoming widespread or exist at all, it's probably in everyone's best interest if it's discussed here so members are made aware of it. If Faust feels it's better to move these, he's the host...he can make the call.
            Mate, I was just saying it makes sense to keep legit checks where most people will look for and comment on them, don't mind if it's here or there, but thought more people will get something out of the discussion if it's in the correct thread. That's all.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Rica Owens, inspired by Rica Levis, is a diffusion line, sold only via the net, on eBay, Yahoo! auctions or Korean websites. Your jacket is a perfectly legit fake.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

thats really bizarre. if it is a fake, it would be strange that whoever made it would go through the trouble of putting an embroidery on the lining only to spell it wrong, why not leave it out especially considering not all of Rick's jackets even have it.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

On a RO leather that I bought from Barney's (so totally legit), it also pretty much says RicA Owens. Seems like it's just an issue of quality control on Rick's part.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                    • Mar 2008

Not related to what you're talking about but just thought I'd offer up a bit of RO appreciation.

Recently saw short RO leather jacket for men with an asymmetrical zip made from light, soft, grey Kangaroo. Absolutely stunning and bloody dear too. Reminded me a bit of CCP's work.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

^Do you have a pic of it?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                        • Mar 2008

I don't know how to post pics but here's a link to it on The Corner.

It's much sexier in the flesh.

Comment

• whitney
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by darker shades
                          I believe....but don't quote me on it.....that all the women's mainline Rick jackets have the embroidered stitching. Not so much the mens collections.

But do not underestimate the counterfeit good's industry.....they will go to pretty far extents to "fake" goods. Unfortunately they are good at what they do and will often catch out a lot of people that are not very familiar with the products. Hence why I always tell others to purchase from legitimate institutions or if second hand, research. It seems Rick is gaining popularity in the mainstream, as the counterfeit industry is actually taking notice.
                          even sales associates who are new, or do not pay attention to the products as much as you would, might take back a fake that has the correct tags. its rare, but i have heard it happening even in places like neiman marcus and saks. its no different from those who switch tags hoping to score a piece at a deeper discount..
                          you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

when making a return IIRC, the sa's take down your drivers license information, so although I would not do such a thing, that is just another reason not to. ^^
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• whitney
                              • Dec 2009

i believe it depends where you are at

in california-- if you have a receipt, then you don't need an ID, thats only if you're doing it without a receipt, for LP issues.. i guess stores can make it a part of their policy.. but it wouldn't make sense to me for them to do that.. and the customer can always argue, privacy issues..if you take down their info without asking..

i haven't made much returns so i can't recall recently, but i haven't been asked in the past for ID, and currently my ID is expired with my old address on it but when they do ask for it when i use my cc, they never seem to care............
                              you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                                I don't know how to post pics but here's a link to it on The Corner.

It's much sexier in the flesh.
                                Yeah, the Mollino is my favorite style (I'm boring). Would love to see that shade in person. It's definitely similar to Carol's aged grey kangaroo. It looks better all beat up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎