X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nellytheelephant
    • Mar 2008

Shoddy Trainers

On the subject of RO shoes that fall apart. The canvas and rubber trainers tend to fall apart very quickly (it happened to my friend in a couple of wears and mine shortly after). The metal staple at the rear comes loose and then the sole starts falling to pieces. My advice - when you buy, take them from the place of purchase and immediately to a good cobblers, explain the problem and they'll fit a additional sole with better longevity. Aside - I think it's a little obscene RO can't sort this fundamental problem on a £600-a-pop trainer but that hasn't stopped me (and others) buying them (which might explain why RO still have not fixed).

Comment

• JetLag
      • Jul 2008

^^^ ALIENS vs ASSASSIN'S CREED
      Originally posted by danman
      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
        (...) (which might explain why RO still have not fixed).
        Next season, the sneaks get a new sole. Looks like a solid rubber construction without need for any staples to me.

Source: Christians post

Comment

• nellytheelephant
          • Mar 2008

Hurrah.

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
          Next season, the sneaks get a new sole. Looks like a solid rubber construction without need for any staples to me.

Source: Christians post
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...6&postcount=53

Comment

• Originally posted by One View Post
            this is how i'd wear rick if I could afford to. 10 000 dollar disposable outfits isn't really attainable.

Comment

• oh right, i forgot how objective your opinion is.

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

Fail + Fail = Win?

That outfit's full of gimmicky pieces, you're right. But it's a fucking sick as shit costume. Love it.

The top part reminds me of Junya's female collection a few seasons ago. Was sweet.

Comment

• woops. smiley fell away! It was a tongue in cheek thing, alas wasn't noticeable without the smiley.

this keeps me entertained. It isn't gimmicky to me, cause it's just his esthaetic concept taken to it's point. I don't consider exaggerations cheap/loud/empty. They're just more. I like the play of angles and lines, and how he applies them in a flattering way to the body. I'm not the one to defend rick, but i thought that outfit was exciting.

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

if i not wrong oki-ni ones are the slimmer profile.
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

oh ok.. i never came across that before yet. It seems like not much store that carry the slimmer profile ones though.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

that pic above makes me realize for the first time how fucked up those shoes look. it's about as pure Rick as you can get, gets to its point way past the faceless drone leather jacket blah blah blah uniform recycled ad nauseum by now, and that's where the thing succeeds.

my point is - if you are really vibing with Rick and what he's doing, that outfit (or "costume") would speak to you more urgently than his sportswear "uniform."

Eternal, you're a good kid, but all your posts on this page have pretty much showed your bandwagoner cards face up. Guess he had to separate the men from the boys sooner or later...
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• I don't think you're a bandwagoner. That's a rude comment that serves no purpose. Also, generally I find people here have too much respect for the designers vision, and are either uninterested/afraid/unable to apply the pieces to other ideas. this picture up there is quite different to how the average joe would wear rick owens stuff, but it's still a runway look from top to toe. I just found it interesting that they used each piece i found interesting in itself, and it builds up to a synergy. costumey? - absolutely, but i wish i had the funds to play this way. I try to be as passionate and unpractical as possible when i buy things, but I simply cant play like THIS. since i'm interested in a synergy as well as individual pieces, that demands for quite a big repertoir to find something that matches well, but still remains odd. If I'm to dress this far out there, I'd like to keep people well aware of my coordination skills, to make sure the finished look seems deliberate. This is what I see as the problematics of wearing something truly edgy. In this context, this look is highly wearable, as it's well composed, and dynamic in a very radical, but precise way.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Rick wants people to wear this hardcore stuff, and he'd be glad to get a bunch of Heirlooms. Having said that, the outfit in the pic looks ridiculous in how disproportionate it is. But that is the purpose of the show that magazine editorials put on - fashion as theater.

I think there can be a happy medium between the guys who rock it in a boring jeans/leather way (that would be me) and those who can put together some interesting pieces but not end up looking like goth clowns (that would be mr.beuys or andrewisawarloard).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Rick wants people to wear this hardcore stuff, and he'd be glad to get a bunch of Heirlooms. Having said that, the outfit in the pic looks ridiculous in how disproportionate it is. But that is the purpose of the show that magazine editorials put on - fashion as theater.

I think there can be a happy medium between the guys who rock it in a boring jeans/leather way (that would be me) and those who can put together some interesting pieces but not end up looking like goth clowns (that would be mr.beuys or andrewisawarloard).
                              definetly. I ain't living as i'm preaching though. I mostly own longsleeves from him, except for the nun beanie a wrap cardigan and those infamous wedges.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Can we please get someone's fitpics wearing those sneakers? I'm very interested in their performativity.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎