X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^yes, it's lamb but similar in weight to the oiled calf, no idea why it's in s/s lineup, heavy enough for f/w. just picked up the blistered bomber over weekend too, moto collar was only one missing from the arsenal.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

I thought something in Milk was the only thing missing
      Face it, there's always something missing...
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

too true. i almost bought it in grey but i just couldn't bring myself to make a "colorful" purchase

Comment

• trentk
          • Oct 2010

Rick Owens and Huysmans' A Rebours

While reading Huysmans' A Rebours (a book that influenced rick as evidenced by a paris review post: http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2...-tickled-pink/) I came across this passage:

"he was compelled to design a room that would be like a monastic cell. But difficulties faced him here, for he refused to accept in its entirety the austere ugliness of those asylums of penitence and prayer.
          By dint of studying the problem in all its phases, he concluded that the end to be attained could thus be stated: to devise a sombre effect by means of cheerful objects, or rather to give a tone of elegance and distinction to the room thus treated, meanwhile preserving its character of ugliness; to reverse the practice of the theatre, whose vile tinsel imitates sumptuous and costly textures; to obtain the contrary effect by use of splendid fabrics; in a word, to have the cell of a Carthusian monk which should possess the appearance of reality without in fact being so.
          Thus he proceeded. To imitate the stone-color of ochre and clerical yellow, he had his walls covered with saffron silk; to stimulate the chocolate hue of the dadoes common to this type of room, he used pieces of violet wood deepened with amarinth. The effect was bewitching, while recalling to Des Esseintes the repellant rigidity of the model he had followed and yet transformed. The ceiling, in turn, was hung with white, unbleached cloth, in imitation of plaster, but without its discordant brightness. As for the cold pavement of the cell, he was able to copy it, by means of a bit of rug designed in red squares, with whitish spots in the weave to imitate the wear of sandals and the friction of boots."

Does anyone else think that sounds alot like "glunge"? sweatpants in sumptuous fabrics, ss10's homage to the american tourist etc...
          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• jscl
            • Jan 2010

kunk, which leathers do you currently own?
            JUST THE HITS

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

high collar intarsia in dust, hammered lamb
              high collar intarsia, black, oiled calf
              exploder high collar, black lamb
              blistered/neoprene high collar from stag in black
              grey moto intarsia, calf
              blistered lamb bomber from this season
              just ordered this season's version of the show tek
              pilot in drkshdw from stag

Comment

• docus
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                high collar intarsia in dust, hammered lamb
                high collar intarsia, black, oiled calf
                exploder high collar, black lamb
                blistered/neoprene high collar from stag in black
                grey moto intarsia, calf
                blistered lamb bomber from this season
                just ordered this season's version of the show tek
                pilot in drkshdw from stag
                Sweet jeebus......!!!!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Rick makes pants?!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

guess your credit card cleared for those? :) sorry, couldn't resist

Originally posted by artistique
                    i have quite a few pieces from rick, latest being the sho-tek jacket in lamb shearling. i actually saw the sho-tek jacket lux version with mink (or some sort of fur) lining in the RO London store - so nice, but costs over 20,000 pounds!

anyway, have always loved the tops (leather, vest, t-shirts etc) from rick, but i still have not bought any of his pants. the cut somehow does not appeal to me. i usually pair his tops with slim-fitting jeans or trousers.

does anyone feel same way?? or am i making a fashion faux-pas??

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Fascinating comments on Rick's design work. Perhaps one might consider self-editing.

I apologize if you believe this too frank, but perhaps it might be useful to correct these tics early on: jscl, docus, any statement that includes, "I'm gonna buy", "blah, blah, blah, code", "what leathers do you own," and so on and so forth should go in the shopping section. Any query that prompts Dick elaboration/enhancement in laundry list form would likely fail to further a greater end - really, are any of us learning anything of cultural merit from these lists? I am of the opinion that we ought not encourage this from the blinging-blanging blokes here. On that subject, I'd prefer to Enjoy the Silence.

TrentK: exemplary contribution. I'm going straight-ahead to your link.

The good news is that Kanye takes questions on his website I hear.

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

Thanks for serving as mod since we don't have any here. :l
                        Someone made a query and in the spirit of a good useless kanye west tweet, I accomodated him. He caught we in a weak moment after a week of rfps so I was actually glad to answer a simple question unpregnant with any deeper meaning or knowledge.and while I appreciate any dm reference, they peaked on black celebration.

Check ccp circlejerk for reference. This has nothing on that. Perhaps we can discuss the vision behind the new studded stooges...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

At least you implicitly admit that you wanted to be jerked for your amazing RO leathers collection.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

Oh, I don't care if the posts were deleted, it doesn't do anything for me. I just think with the myriad so sick where to kops that this wasn't a particularly egregious example. After a lifetime of docuementaries, everyone deserves an action film or romcom once in a while.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The mods try separating discussions as much as we can, but we need help once in a while from the members. It does get boring, and discussing the work is so much more interesting than enumerating purchases and possessions.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming.

On the runway, I was not a fan of anthem but from what i've seen, I at least think it is his best s/s effort in a while. it's rather surprising that the runway was a lot of shorts and silly fred flintstone tanks but on the rack, there are some nice details, some advancements of the leather outerwear and some maybe ill-executed but ambitious lighter and airy takes on his recent tailoring efforts. would still like to see some more variety from season to season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎