X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

Just a random rant/comment.

It may be down to styling but when I look through the selection of Rick at Darklands I see incredible stuff (not talking prices).

Almost every other stockist I find either must buy shit or they make it look shit.

I'm basically left with Barney's as the only place I can actually try on and see the the stuff. Barneys (SF) buys a few tees and 3 or 4 jackets. I just don't get it. done for now...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

So, I just went through the physical book, again, and it's fucking awesome. I don't get the complaints.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        So, I just went through the physical book, again, and it's fucking awesome. I don't get the complaints.
        sz-hivemind?

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Rick also mentioned it last night, apparently it's being diffused into the boutiques already. As in, via the air-con...
          Last edited by mrbeuys; 10-12-2011, 11:36 AM.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
            Almost every other stockist I find either must buy shit or they make it look shit.
            i wondered somethin kinda similar also , like when i look at the way some online shops present certain designers clothes im like ew god no looks awful . like if i knew nothin about rick owens and my very 1st encounter with his clothes was lookin at it on certain web shops like yoox id be totally repulsed and would prol avoid rick in the future . i think some stockists do a pretty great job with styling and pickin the rite guys to model it tho . i like the way the menswear looks @ antonioli but i think they use pro models , i kno ive seen guys like marcel castenmiller on there before and that blond one that used to do julius images .
            there have been times where ive not purchased somethin cos it looks kinda bad when i see it online but then later ill see it on someone else and im like hmmmm it looks way better here wtf
            Last edited by jogu; 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM. Reason: fuck i need to get a sample of this frag , am kinda tempted to buy that book just to get it

Comment

• marsa
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
              later ill see it on someone else and im like hmmmm it looks way better here wtf
              you should apply for the job!

Comment

• i'm akwardly excited about ricks perfume release. I hope it's nice.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

I had a smell of it, sprayed onto a piece of his cashmere. Kind of like a mix between mothballs, dirty gym gloves and an unhygienic young lady.

Hope it smells better on the skin though.
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Hahaha, that's not too far from the way he described it... at least in essence.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                      I had a smell of it, sprayed onto a piece of his cashmere. Kind of like a mix between mothballs, dirty gym gloves and an unhygienic young lady.

Sounds promising , At least its not a blend of blood,sweat & Jizz , like that atrocious fragrance by that perfume store in the Marais , State of something!

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

If it really smells like it smells than it's not doing itself any favours. And I'm saying that even though I'm pretty much in love with most of what Rick does. I know everyone pretends it would be cool to smell like old lady's closet, but I've had a whiff of it today and to be honest - I'm not so sure.

SHYE, word.

Comment

• gavagai
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post

haha. This will be a good alternative to my normal copy toner/lettuce juice scent

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

Really guys.. I've been smelling this quite a bit since I got home and I don't know how much better it could smell on the skin. It sort of lingers under your nose and not in a very pleasant way too.

Like Dying Lillies ey Rick..
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                              haha. This will be a good alternative to my normal copy toner/lettuce juice scent
                              in reference to CdG 71?
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• neodym
                                • Jan 2009

"Scent is one of those mysteries of memory, allure and dreams that's so tempting to harness, manipulate and posess." I like this quote from the "How to spend it"-interview, the connection between smell and memory is so powerful.

Damn, I'm getting really excited about smelling this now after reading all your different descriptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎