X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    Is interest1's photo an elaborate facepalm?

probably. but just wait till y'all see my shapely legs swishing around all that poplin, that'll set ya straight. heh.

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Respect.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

yah, from the photos it looks like he'd fall down on his face after taking a couple of steps. Still reserving my full opinion until they are actually wrapped around my chicken legs.

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Ahaha, a facepalm with style.

Looking forward to get some news about his perfume...... I'm so curious !

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

It is now.

when the day comes where beautifully-shot editorial images start getting construed as facepalms,
            it's probably a good time to increase the meds.
            Or, uh.. decrease.

I was simply posting something Rick in the Rick thread.
            sain't

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

The rest of the set.
              aka The Facepalm Four

sain't

Comment

• DamageX
                • Dec 2008

Thanks for posting these interest1 , I remember seeing only the 2nd picture and not the complete set.

May I ask where these are from?

Comment

• hurhur
                  • Jan 2011

not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

my RO combats look like they are splitting at the side.

from the front all the way to the zip, the upper seems to be getting detached from the sole. anyone has encountered such a problem? can it be repaired by the cobbler? Glued back? or stitching problem of the upper? or is the upper leather ripped?

thanks

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Pretty sure a cobbler could fix that.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

soles are only glued to the upper (fucking cheapskate rick...). but so yeah, a cobbler can glue them right back no problem if it's the same problme i've had (more than once. ).

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

What in holy fuck is this? A bookshelf?

Comment

• theconsumer
                          • Feb 2009

If anyone knows some supplier of old style Rick combats crepe soles, or similar, let me know At least, the whole upper layer is well made and you can (in theory) replace the soles easily. I find this preferable to current design,where excellent leather upper is sewn/glued into plastic cheapskate fragility below.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          soles are only glued to the upper (fucking cheapskate rick...). but so yeah, a cobbler can glue them right back no problem if it's the same problme i've had (more than once. ).

Comment

• Kirky
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2010

Does anyone here actually own any rick's furniture piece?

those testament materials and the shape always arouse me a desire of having them...

well, i think rick's furniture will only fit in those avant-garde house

feel kinda hard to get only a few pieces and try to fit them into an ordinary place....meaning tonz of money has to be spent if planning on getting rick's furniture works.

Comment

• Kirky
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by theconsumer View Post
                              If anyone knows some supplier of old style Rick combats crepe soles, or similar, let me know At least, the whole upper layer is well made and you can (in theory) replace the soles easily. I find this preferable to current design,where excellent leather upper is sewn/glued into plastic cheapskate fragility below.

i thought people normally add a rubber sole first then to walk on them...and by the time those vibram sole got eaten up, people only replace the vibram sole not the original sole.

Comment

• theconsumer
                                • Feb 2009

Note: the picture below kept me from ever buying a pair, so I am not speaking from experience . It seems like that in new design even the welt is soft crepey plastic and I imagine this will crack easily ...

It's unintentional structural defect at best and planned obscelence as worst. Just an example of cheapskate manufacturing which you can often encounter in Italian fashion industry.

Just for the sake of reference: I have Prada boots where sole is still the same after 8 years of heavy seasonal wear. Even after doing some light trekking with them. I also have boots put together by untrained Zapatistas which I can actually take to the woods. IMO, having to babysit your fragile combat boots is just too funny.

And in closing, I find other Rick items to be quite well made ...

Originally posted by Kirky View Post
                                i thought people normally add a rubber sole first then to walk on them...and by the time those vibram sole got eaten up, people only replace the vibram sole not the original sole.
                                Last edited by theconsumer; 01-02-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎