Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

Started from the top and now we're here, eh?

Comment

• ambrosian
      • Dec 2012

^ With Rick being so active with his lifestyle and health advocacy it was inevitable, I think. I'm quite interested, albeit morbidly, to see what the collab produces.
      street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Though he could've just bought a pair of running shoes ;)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Oy vey...
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Lol, I can't wait to see the result of this collaboration...

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

For $400-500, I think I'd rather just pay the extra for drkshdw sneakers. But I doubt any of us will even have the opportunity to buy them once the hypebeasters catch on.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

that obtuse motherfucker!

i don't see how adidas deserve this, but whatever, rick's never been about exclusion anyway...

Comment

• i-d-g
                  • Sep 2012

If these sneakers have the typical rick silhouette like the article says, I don't see how anyone will actually be able to run in them.
                  “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    that obtuse motherfucker!

i don't see how adidas deserve this, but whatever, rick's never been about exclusion anyway...
                    Yeah, seems like Nike would've been a better fit.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
                      If these sneakers have the typical rick silhouette like the article says, I don't see how anyone will actually be able to run in them.
                      why would you run in them?
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• i-d-g
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        why would you run in them?
                        I was confused, because the article that newp linked to made it sound like rick was planning on sticking with a similar silhouette as most of his other sneakers.

But here they quote Owens saying "What shoes am I going to wear running? I can’t wear my big chunky basketball shoes — I’d look like a dinosaur running through the Tuileries." which makes a lot more sense.
                        “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

I doubt anyone looking for shoes to actually run in are going to buy $500 collabos.

Comment

• i-d-g
                            • Sep 2012

I agree, but I think that's another debate in itself. Isn't what the designer has in mind for the item most important? Sure, I wouldn't buy $500 running shoes, but if Rick says that's what he can see them being used for, isn't that how we should look at and interpret the item?

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

First reactions on some forums related to this news "I will sell all my RO stuff".
                              Last edited by Crowzer; 06-12-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

I have Yohji so ingrained in my head with Adidas that I can't wrap my head around Rick entering that bubble.

I'll pay as much attention to this collab as I did Eastpak.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎