Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

It's a good news, I like the DRKSHDW line.
    It make me want to go London for this event.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

Right by Hostem. Redchurch st has become a hotspot for large brands at the mo.
      A jewellery designer friend of mine had to move his studio/showroom from there because The rents just skyrocketed.
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• cloonz
        • Aug 2011

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

awww....cute

why are the stores temporary?
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you.
            Actually, I have no idea. Why not?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

i dunno. i guess why not would be that its a lot of effort and $$ to get a space up and running but i'm sure they've figured this out already
              Last edited by cjbreed; 07-11-2013, 06:30 PM.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

test the waters maybe?
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• circles
                  • Feb 2013

given to me by an SA it has a little more info. I like the pop up shop style for drkshdw.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

i noticed that some a the drkshdw stuff isnt just jersey or denim variations of mainline anymore , one of the drkshdw pods for plinth are like over $1200 and made of wool instead of jersey but still has the elastic waist/drawstring . i dont mind if the lines gonna take a more upscale approach with fabrics but if its gonna go that route id like to see more original designs that are different from mainline

Comment

• whtnnk986
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                      i noticed that some a the drkshdw stuff isnt just jersey or denim variations of mainline anymore , one of the drkshdw pods for plinth are like over $1200 and made of wool instead of jersey but still has the elastic waist/drawstring . i dont mind if the lines gonna take a more upscale approach with fabrics but if its gonna go that route id like to see more original designs that are different from mainline
                      I think that particular pair of wool pods you mentioned are from the mainline. Lncc has made a mistake in the description saying it is from drkshdw.

I wish the quality control of drkshdw items can be better.

Comment

• Castor
                        • Nov 2009

DRKSHDW store on Wooster Street open with a lot of inventory and more outerwear (variations on MA1), every variation of the DRKSHDW Ramones. Very cool, raw space painted bright white, felt like a nightclub only with brighter. Always friendly staff from Hudson Street are there to help you out. I think it will do extremely well and for better or worse broaden Rick's market by introducing it to more peeps.
                        Originally posted by DRRRK
                        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

thanks for the report was just going to ask if anyone went

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

The New York Times
                              July 17, 2013
                              Rick Owens Opens a SoHo Pop-Up
                              By ERIC WILSON

THE NEW RICK OWENS store, which opened on Tuesday at 70-72 Wooster Street in SoHo, is called DRKSHDW, or Dark Shadow, minus the vowels. It is written, counterintuitively, in bright neon lights hanging vertically just above the entrance. The only shadows here are the clothes, the loose-collared, inky black denim jackets and elongated sleeveless shirts in various shades of charcoal that suggest, as Mr. Owens said, “workers’ uniforms from an Art Deco prison.”

“I like reducing things to what’s essential,” Mr. Owens said. “I like erasing the unnecessary, doing things shorthand and getting to the point.”

Wh nds vwls, nywy?

It is for this reason that the casual shopper who is even slightly familiar with the darkly cool aesthetic of Mr. Owens will have no trouble recognizing the store as one of his, even though his name is not present, not even on many of the clothing labels. (The ultrahigh high-tops, priced from $750 to $850, show an image of Mr. Owens; a long off-white knit tank, $248, just has a couple of parallel bars where the label should be.)

While his recent signature collections in Paris have been critical hits that combine daring fashion with technical wizardry, Mr. Owens said that DRKSHDW, a diffusion line, has developed its own character, “and dare I say, a fan base.” It was introduced several years ago when his company began to expand and more retailers wanted to carry pieces from the collection (not that Mr. Owens thinks of himself as being an empire builder).

“It’s not like we’re Armani or something,” he said.

The store, a temporary outpost that will be open through Oct. 26, is an experiment to introduce his designs to another neighborhood in New York, on a more trafficked street (near Spring Street) than the site of his store at 250 Hudson Street. Another one will open in London on Sept. 4.

“I’m more into fun now,” Mr. Owens said. “I feel a little more confident or comfortable, but definitely not complacent. I feel like I can afford to be a little more playful now.”

At the Wooster Street location, little was changed from the raw and spare space that was already there, besides adding slabs of fluorescent lights and a long black plywood and marble bench (a Rick Owens design) in the center of the store, which is framed by racks of women’s and men’s clothing. There are several styles of jeans (around $420) and a nylon navy flight jacket for $1,425. A women’s denim jacket, with Mr. Owens’s distinctive asymmetric zippers and drainpipe leather sleeves, is $1,188.

It’s probably worth noting that some people, encountering a salesman wearing an elongated tank top over double-layered shorts, might mistake the store for a showroom of straitjackets. But with Mr. Owens, either you get it or you don’t.

“I’m very pragmatic when it comes to clothes,” he said. “Even when I’m doing the women’s runway, which should be the most outré, I’m thinking about what people wear in summer. They want tank tops and shorts. Underneath it all, it’s essentially halter tops, tube tops and shorts. I’m just trying to blend it all together.”

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Aw, Rick. You had me at straitjacket.
                                Actually, you had me long, long before that.

"Wh nds vwls, nywy?" – best sass I've read all week.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎