X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mink
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post
    I just cannot wait for you guys starting to discuss about the show that occured a few hours ago.

It was very surprising and crazy at the same time. Nobody excpected the show to turn that way.

Personally, I kinda like it but I'm very worried about the sizing of the samples lol
    This collection was really an eye-opener for me. I was really excited about the models employed, though I'm kind of wondering if it was a reaction to Naomi calling him (among others) out on their whitewashed runways. (Granted, the accusation in question is directed at his menswear, and it was addressed only threeish weeks before the show, but I still think it's an interesting coincidence). I also wonder if the choice of angry facial expressions were really ideal. I've heard a lot of debate about that one, and many people feel that the models may appear to be caricatures of "the angry black woman."

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ekinerkan View Post
      I, too, am anxiously waiting for thread with pictures on the seasonal collections form. I liked the presentation artfully enough - it was celebration of diversity. New side of Rick.
      You know you can start one, right? Would be a nicer way to contribute to the forums instead of trolling the classifieds. Style.com is open to everyone.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mink View Post
        This collection was really an eye-opener for me. I was really excited about the models employed, though I'm kind of wondering if it was a reaction to Naomi calling him (among others) out on their whitewashed runways. (Granted, the accusation in question is directed at his menswear, and it was addressed only threeish weeks before the show, but I still think it's an interesting coincidence). I also wonder if the choice of angry facial expressions were really ideal. I've heard a lot of debate about that one, and many people feel that the models may appear to be caricatures of "the angry black woman."
        I am sure that political correctness is the last thing Rick gives a fuck about. And amen to that.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          You know you can start one, right? Would be a nicer way to contribute to the forums instead of trolling the classifieds. Style.com is open to everyone.
          you've got the wrong guy Faust, the absolute wrong-est of guys...
          —
          -

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Was at the show. This shit was off the hook. The collection is called vicious. This was. On every level. I felt a post orgasmic need for a cigarette after. And I was a refreshing slap in the face of the presumed rules of fashion. No skinny girls. Hardly any white girls. Tons of emotion and empowerment. Everything still looked amazing. No shit.
            Case closed. PM sent.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

This show was PURE POWER!

Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• stagename
                • Oct 2011

I'm linking to the WTF thread as there's a conversation over Rick's show there as well.

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

Was at the show. This shit was off the hook. The collection is called vicious. This was. On every level . . . Tons of emotion and empowerment. Everything still looked amazing. No shit. . .
                  That's because the energy of being at a live show (of any sort) is a lot different than the one which radiates from an image or video of said show – which is how the entire world, minus about 200 people, will be seeing this collection.

Sharing a space wherein all the movement and sound and vibration envelops you like an avalanche will make even the dumbest show (seem) exciting. This explains Riverdance.

I felt a post orgasmic need for a cigarette after.
                  I felt a non-orgasmic need for an eye-roll after. Still love me?
                  sain't

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Precious a Sapphire film.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Bson
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                      Sharing a space wherein all the movement and sound and vibration envelops you like an avalanche will make even the dumbest show (seem) exciting. This explains Riverdance.
                      You got me laughing at 5AM, thank you

People will of course try to surmise his show was for X, Y, Z, being it race, body image, stomping, etc but really it is all of those things, and more. He is brilliant in that he knows that the choices he made can be interpreted different ways, cause debate, etc. The reality of his decision doesn't really matter. As a great teacher once told me–– "the last person you want to ask about the meaning of a poem is the poet..."

Not that those shoes were poetic.

Though his clothes, to me, have always had that ability–– to be interpreted in different ways. Now it has perhaps been less about the clothes and more about the idea, which is fine every now and then :)

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                        I felt a non-orgasmic need for an eye-roll after. Still love me?
                        Of course I do. But what's with all the vitriol lately?
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bson View Post

"the last person you want to ask about the meaning of a poem is the poet..."
                          This explains why we're all duking it out on a forum.

When it comes down to it, the poetry of Rick Owens doesn't have to be understood. It's more than enough simply felt. Which for me in the end, always, always is.
                          sain't

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

Of course I do. But what's with all the vitriol lately?
                            I think I just need a whisky sour.
                            sain't

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

or an orgasm. hah.

(couldn't resist. sorry.)

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎