Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

really what's people obsession w/ bombers/ma-1's? they all look the same, sure the rick is longer but if that's ur only rick jacket or ur favorite I would say most likely rick is not ur thing. His 2 most ordinary jackets are the bomber and the stooges and neither has ever been out of the rotation because i guess people need a gateway jacket but that's all those are to me. that's the shit u rock w/ a supreme shirt and a baseball cap and roll ur japanese denim up so u can see ur boat shoes shit.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Well, the longer version is a valid designer proposition, since it's not a mere copy. I like it. Saw it yesterday on mrbeuys and liked it even more.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by miserableman View Post
        Neither one is the "regulal" bomber though, with the ribbed collar. That was also made this season, along with several other versions as Aka mentioned
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Well, the longer version is a valid designer proposition, since it's not a mere copy. I like it. Saw it yesterday on mrbeuys and liked it even more.
          yeah totally agree with you. beuys please report to waywt.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Will try to get a double waywt with mr faust tomorrow.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Hayden
              • Dec 2012

I'm guessing some of you saw the one that OKI_NI recently sold out of?

Waxed, pretty thick, rough cotton or nylon mix (can't recall), padding with a nice shine...
              One of the nicest ones this season I think, haven't seen it anywhere else. Size medium went in the first week or so.

Also have a silver drkshdw bomber they seem to be only ones to carry.
              Last edited by Hayden; 10-19-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

This season's versions:

-long version with elastic neck (can be had on thecorner)
                -regular length with hidden hood (not sure)
                -regular length with fur collar (ln-cc)
                -regular length with fur lined hood (farfetch)

Pricing should range in about that order as well.

I may be missing one or two.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                  that's the shit u rock w/ a supreme shirt and a baseball cap and roll ur japanese denim up so u can see ur boat shoes shit.

Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

i hope people aren't offended, between mr.beuys and akanyc Ive seen 20 rick leathers on those dudes so it's right that they have the bomber as well, im just saying as some people who is new to rick, this bomber sometimes stooges and the geobasket is the way in but it's not at least in my estimation what rick is about...though rick has been seen wearing both the bomber and the stooges as well as the geobasket and i've never seen him wear the geo, bauhaus, parka or sidezips which are some of my favorite things he's done.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

im just saying as some people who is new to rick, this bomber sometimes stooges and the geobasket is the way in but it's not at least in my estimation what rick is about...though rick has been seen wearing both the bomber and the stooges as well as the geobasket and i've never seen him wear the geo, bauhaus, parka or sidezips which are some of my favorite things he's done.
                      like you said yourself, Rick seems to wear the bombers a lot himself so how is that not what he is about? Does one have to wear runway pieces only for it to be "authentic Rick"?

you're probably right that for some people its an easy way to wear Rick (I've seen photos of a number of celebs wearing the bomber), but does it really matter...
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        This season's versions:

-long version with elastic neck (can be had on thecorner)
                        -regular length with hidden hood (not sure)
                        -regular length with fur collar (ln-cc)
                        -regular length with fur lined hood (farfetch)

Pricing should range in about that order as well.

I may be missing one or two.
                        also,

- regular length with elastic neck, padded (the most classic one)
                        - regular length with off-center zipper, padded (Hostem had this)

and also varying materials...

Comment

• blackswan
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Hayden View Post
                          I'm guessing some of you saw the one that OKI_NI recently sold out of?

Waxed, pretty thick, rough cotton or nylon mix (can't recall), padding with a nice shine...
                          One of the nicest ones this season I think, haven't seen it anywhere else. Size medium went in the first week or so.

Also have a silver drkshdw bomber they seem to be only ones to carry.

Made in Italy from 65% nylon, 35% polyutherane

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Even Rick's most classic MA-1 has unique proportions. Longer, tighter shoulders, higher armholes, slimmer arms, suppressed chest, etc. Sometimes the simplest items can be tweaked into something totally new. The Stooges only barely references the Perfecto---and rocks.

That is actually one of things I love about Rick. Like Helmut Lang, he finds iconic pieces, but tweaks them enough to make them his own.
                            Originally posted by DRRRK
                            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

this is the thing for me though, all of rick's jackets have longer proportions, they all have long arms and high arm holes and tight hems so it would be a surprise if these didn't as well. I think I prefer things that have been changed, I mean the Berger is a take on a rider/perfecto that i thinkis infinitely superior to the stooges it's exaggerated triangular perfection is what i associate w/ rick, not just changing or slightly modifying an existing standard but redefining it. I feel like the Ma-1 is probably the laziest of these as there is very little change, at least the molino ma-1 has some rick in it, i would say if i had to wear a ma-1 it would be a rick but i know i don't because i don't care much to tone it down, life's too short for that when i could just wear a berger or bauhaus or something, not sure why i would choose that over those unless maybe i was going to a sporting event on the opposing side and thought it would be unwise to draw more attention? not really sure.
                              I would love to see Rick berger up a ma-1 not sure if that's possible as long as people are buying them every season in 5-8 different variations.
                              for reference these are probably my favorite rick leathers in order
                              1. Bauhaus fw09
                              2. Geo fw08
                              3. Berger fw09/fw10
                              4. neo leather parka fw08
                              5. globa fw10
                              6. high neck intarsia fw12
                              7. Safari fw11
                              there are others i'm sure , SS10 is the worst, not sure if there's even one leather there worth owning

Comment

• stemcell
                                • Jul 2011

sporting event
                                What is that? I tried to google but still can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎