Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Also, there is going to be more of the blood red leather - not just on the shoes.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

Also, there is going to be more of the blood red leather - not just on the shoes.

Almost like a nod to Trucker's 10+ year anniversary.

(hopefully more blood, less cockroach)

sain't

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        whoa! lizard!?

hate the color, love the texture.

btw, are zipper pulls back to the old chromed ones on those, or still the fucking butt-ugly 'brass' ones of current season items? i'm boycotting everything with a zipper at the moment...
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Marlon
          • Sep 2011

I know Rick quality is getting worst every seasons but they should question themselves about it imo...the leathers now look like Zara/H&M stuffs.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

That's not true at all. This fall-winter's leathers were beautiful. And frankly, looking at leather in a picture isn't a fair assessment...there have been many leathers I've thought looked shitty in pics but were much nicer in person (and vice versa), so it may be worth holding out judgement until you see them in person.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Marlon
              • Sep 2011

Yeah I know, but from my last visit into the store I had the same feeling... especially with the calf and thin leather. I was more talking about the SS seasons though, should have precised.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                zips
                THANK GOD. i thought i'd heard they were reverting back and seems they did. otherwise i really don't know if i would have ever bought more zippered stuff.... :(((

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                  Curious about the milk high tops with laces top shelve in the back. They look really high/interesting.
                  cargobaskets, probably.

Comment

• diorowen
                    • Aug 2010

Ahh it's lizard.
                    I really wish he can make a geobasket in timber colorway.
                    But anyway it looks very good. Cant wait for the fw show
                    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

i liked the congruence nature of the zippers matching season after season. just as julius you can recognize rick because of the older zipper pulls and everything looked a bit cleaner with the same zips being on your boots as well as your jacket. with the new zippers it feels so foreign and they're brass? who the hell wants to wear brass with chrome? i really home rick returns to his older pulls. i am still boycotting current things that zip because of that.

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                        cargobaskets, probably.
                        I've wanted a pair of (especially blistered) white cargo baskets for a while, have no idea what I'd wear them with though. The shoes look so commercial this season, which I expected... talked to someone from the nyc store a bit ago and they went on and on about how well the shoes were doing, how they were selling out and people kept calling asking for more. Especially the island dunks. They said a ton of new styles would be coming soon, they mentioned some of these with a translucent sole, like what we've seen a lot from balenciaga. Even though rick uses python amazingly those shoes look so awkward, I'm sure they will go flying off the shelves though. The shoes look so loud like they were designed for rap videos... ironic as I just read an article with Rick sort of dismissing rappers in his clothes... just so commercial right at the same time they launch an official instagram, tumblr and online store... and Ann has left her line... oh man the singularity better get here soon...

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                          I've wanted a pair of (especially blistered) white cargo baskets for a while, have no idea what I'd wear them with though. The shoes look so commercial this season, which I expected... talked to someone from the nyc store a bit ago and they went on and on about how well the shoes were doing, how they were selling out and people kept calling asking for more. Especially the island dunks. They said a ton of new styles would be coming soon, they mentioned some of these with a translucent sole, like what we've seen a lot from balenciaga. Even though rick uses python amazingly those shoes look so awkward, I'm sure they will go flying off the shelves though. The shoes look so loud like they were designed for rap videos... ironic as I just read an article with Rick sort of dismissing rappers in his clothes... just so commercial right at the same time they launch an official instagram, tumblr and online store... and Ann has left her line... oh man the singularity better get here soon...
                          Can you send a link to this article where Rick is dismissing rappers in his clothes? I find this pretty surprising and sort of ironic since he and Michele have personally invited rappers like Asap Rocky and Zebra Katz to hang out with them in their studio.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

He didn't dismiss them. Just said he didn't listen to or know much about hip hop because he's too busy listening to hardcore techno and Marlene Dietrich.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

which is exactly how to deal with streetgoth etc.

you don't like instagram? don't log on to it. you don't like hip hop videos? don't watch them. stay busy with your own thing - produce instead of consuming.

fads come and fads go.
                              Last edited by Shucks; 12-07-2013, 08:36 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                                • Sep 2012

This makes more sense, thank you. I can relate to that, in the sense that i'm a music composer that doesn't listen to current music. Doesn't mean I don't like current music, I just have no interest in it.

Edit: Shucks you said it best. I love the Rick ideology.
                                on a side note, Ive had these Cotton/Wool Rick Mainline trousers that I got at Maxfields a while ago sitting around in Buy Sell Hell for months cause they were way too big on me, but after an inquiry/lack of payment from Kunk I took a second look at them out and am really digging them. they're like old school 92 gangster chinos gone luxe and because they were a different color than black, i wasn't interested in them at first but they are so warm and comfy, I took a chance, especially since its pretty cold even in l.a., and really dig the dna dust contrast. It kind of made me excited about looking at more rick colors to incorporate and mix into my usual all black rick wardrobe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎