• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by trentk View Post
    Does anyone know how the glass ice effect (coating?) is achieved on RO leathers? It might be the most stunning treatment I've seen on a leather jacket ... ever.

here's a sample in black: http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/Dis...CK-MO25&d=Mens

and another in dark dust:
    http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/Dis...CK-MO26&d=Mens
    It reminds me of the metallic calf (LM) he has been using for a long time but in a bit more matte version. The metallic treatment was bad in my opinion...took very high quality leather and made it look cheap and PVC-ish almost.

This is a better version...the natural quality of the leather seems more apparent with this treatment. I haven't seen it in person but I'm guessing it might be enzyme washed or treated after a lacquer finish is applied so it keeps some of the sheen but loses the stiffness that the metallic calf seemed to have.

The metallic never made sense to me...spend thousands of dollars on amazing quality leather and then have it coated up to where it looks cheap and fake. The glass ice is an improvement but still not something I'd wear.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• IALAB
      Banned
      • Feb 2014

The "ice effect" is likely a glaze of some sort during washing treatment.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

should be posted in the WTF thread instead
        Grailed link

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Low stock. Quickly guys !

By the way, it's the Rick's overboard.
          Last edited by Crowzer; 03-05-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            anyone know the price on the plashes? i need one....bad
            Pretty sure they are $2.5-3k....

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

ONE OF THE REASONS I ALWAYS LIVED AROUND HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD WHEN I LIVED IN L.A. WAS THE ENERGY AND ALLURE OF THE PACKS OF WILD KIDS THAT LIVED ON THOSE STREETS THEN. THEY WERE SUCH A WORLD AWAY FROM THE SAFE CONSERVATIVE TOWN I’D COME FROM. THEY WERE RECKLESS, DYONYSIAN, ***NING, EXOTIC. THE COLOR THAT I CALL DRK SHDW COMES FROM THE LAYERS OF FADED ARMY SURPLUS CLOTHES AND BACKPACKS THEY DYED BLACK AND WORE. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I’D FEED ONE UNTIL IT LET ME PET IT BUT IT USUALLY ENDED UP BEING MORE TROUBLE THAN IT WAS WORTH. IT BECAME SATISFYING JUST WATCHING THEM PLAY AND WASH IN THE FOUNTAIN ON HIGHLAND AVE AND SUNSET BLVD WHEN I WOULD BE DRIVING HOME AT DAWN. THE MEMORY OF THOSE KIDS AND HOW I FELT ABOUT THEM IS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHEN I DID THESE BAGS WITH EASTPAK.

Last edited by Shucks; 03-13-2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

baby clothes designed by a rick owens alum:
                Asha Mines worked with the designer in Paris for 10 years, walked in his fashion show last month, and now brings her own children’s line —made with the same luxe fabrics as her mentor’s collection — to New York.
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

All that the new york brats are missing is a $4k mink coat. So glad that gap has been filled now.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deltapie
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    All that the new york brats are missing is a $4k mink coat. So glad that gap has been filled now.
                    If there's a market for making your children look like Frank Lucas, someone's gonna take advantage of it at some point I guess.
                    "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Ekinerkan
                      • Jan 2013

Nice little quick read; didn't know about Design Days in Dubai.
                      Last edited by Ekinerkan; 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM.
                      “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
                      The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
                      The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
                      That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
                      And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
                      Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
                      Under the noses of the police officers,
                      Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
                      Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
                      That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
                      -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• its always cloudy
                        • Jan 2014

Future rocking a Rick Owens jacket on daytime tv and UOENO it

This one!

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Go to bed Future.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Could you please, preferably in a few sentences, explain the thought process that went into this post which seems to be your first on this forum. I'm genuinely curious.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• its always cloudy
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              Could you please, preferably in a few sentences, explain the thought process that went into this post which seems to be your first on this forum. I'm genuinely curious.
                              sure. being a fan of rap music since about the mid-90s, i've always had an affinity for its role in the cultural landscape, and growing up, was fortunate enough to witness its entrance and mainstay into popular culture. I take a big preference to southern/atlanta-based hip-hop (Outkast was and is favourite rap group ever) and am a fan of Future. I find it funny to see his crack-dealing subject matter and clear mixtape bad/good demeanour especially contrasted by how he's on the fucking Wendy Williams show. He rapped a song called "Move That Dope" for fucks sake.

To my knowledge he's never worn Rick anything before, so I was especially taken aback to see him wearing my favourite jacket from this year. I figured this being the Rick Owens thread it would be a relevant post.

Although this is my first post on SZ, I've been lurking this forum for close to 6 years now.

Thanks for your interest in why my first post was about a mixtape rapper. Enjoy your day!

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

i think it's always cloudy just doubled down...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎