X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

You are not allowed to take photos or videos in the Rick Owens showroom, so I don't know what excelsiom is going on about.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Uppvakningur
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      so I don't know what excelsiom is going on about.
      That could very well be the case in the more recent years, but some shop based out of milan had been making videos in showrooms since the late 80s and recently started uploading them. These include some early RO showrooms, such as the FW 2004 collection.

Last edited by Uppvakningur; 07-01-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Ah, that's neat! Thank you.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LOVE
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          Just amazing. What a great find.
          You can just tell how lush all the materials are. That unfortunately feels like it's something that hasn't quite scaled with the growth of the business. That being said, Moody looks like it might be a step in the right direction.
          i just tried on a 40k mink wrap and a felted cashmere cardigan in the last couple of weeks so idk

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

A 40k mink wrap compared with a pair of boots. Do me a favour!!!

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
              i just tried on a 40k mink wrap and a felted cashmere cardigan in the last couple of weeks so idk
              Good for you.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                A 40k mink wrap compared with a pair of boots. Do me a favour!!!
                Rick's boots are actually Goodyear welted now. This is the last thing you can criticize for a decrease in quality. They're better made than they ever were

Comment

• LOVE
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  Good for you.
                  I'm trying to contribute to the discussion in a constructive way here. I'm really not trying to hear that from you.

Venus the runway boots from Plinth are a good example I think, unique design but very solidly built.
                  Last edited by LOVE; 07-06-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Wait what? You said you tried something on and not a word about it except "so I don't know"? That's constructive how..?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• LOVE
                      • Dec 2007

I don't think you can accuse a brand of diminishing quality when they're manufacturing forty thousand dollar mink and felted cashmere wraps in italy.

I'm sorry, is that not opinion supported by evidence? and were you really unable to get the gist of what i was saying based on the context?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Price doesn't necessarily speak for the quality of a product (which is all you said about it), and individual products don't speak for the entire label, especially if they are from one extreme end of the spectrum.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

What he said.
                          LOVE, I am a little confused this needs to be explained to you. If I bought a 40k mink, it better be amazing.
                          I am talking about the fabrics used in the pieces we all buy. I have been buying for a long time and I feel the quality isn't quite there today. Add to that the fact that the remaining lush materials are priced way high.
                          The last great piece I bought at a decent price were the cashmere pods from Limo. The quality of the cashmere tops has been discussed at length (I still love and buy them), so maybe you do need to add more to this discussion than "I tried on something super expensive and it wasn't shabby." I mean, no shit Sherlock.
                          Hence my flippant remark.

Edit: one thing I do agree is that the footwear has become much much better as far as the soles are concerned. I still think my og dunks have a way nicer leather than any of my geos or ramones, but the soles do hold up now.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• LOVE
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            Price doesn't necessarily speak for the quality of a product (which is all you said about it)
                            The mink felt like a garbage bag full of hepatitis needles.

Comment

• Null12
                              • Oct 2013

That is quite a powerful description there.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
                                Well clearly I meant it felt like garbage. Context clues man, it's elementary school stuff.

Don't be purposefully obtuse with my because I'm not park of your clique or don't have a >1k post count.
                                You are still talking about one (rather extreme) item whereas the original post concerned the whole line. So even if your intention was to say that particular piece was expensive and high quality, thats kind of beside the point. read what mrbeuys said.

I would've probably ignored your original post but defending it as a constructive contribution? come on...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎