• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
    I think all, or most, of the leather rick uses in his jackets is chrome tanned. This will almost always result in the 'flesh', or reverse, side being similarly coloured to the 'skin' side.

There are cases where the colours aren't as closely matched, depending on the quality and tanning process, where you might see a blue-ish tint to the reverse side for example.
    Thanks based on what i just read about it, it seems that the leather is pretty much dyed through.

good info here http://en.silvateam.com/Products-Ser...Chrome-tanning

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• imblurredout
          • Apr 2013

Those scarves are great. DAZED also used one in an editorial, but I can't find it online...

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            For me it's just the perfect jacket to wear when a blazer is too formal and leather is too informal. You can pair them with almost anything.
            Since I read this I've been looking at RO flight bombers for the first time really. Now I want one.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

By the way, I predict that after these few posts, next season we will see bombers from 10seisotto, avant toi, and 5,000 other goth ninja imitation brands. You heard it here first.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ronald_bne
                • Jun 2010

To some degree its already happened. I've seen a few questionable celebrities wearing what looked like Rick and thought it was all over.
                However on closer inspection they were by those dark celebrity endorsed/I'm friends with a celebrity brands.

This kinda thing always happens...

Comment

• yffet
                  • Aug 2009

Yeah bombers are coming
                  Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Ivans On High
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2008

Topshop have a bomber called the 'Kanye Bomber'. I wonder who's version Yeezy was wearing...

It's not hard to see why people would emulate rick's version. I mean look at it:

Comment

• BodyDouble
                      • Jan 2014

Technically, Yeezy's been wearing the Fear Of God and Haider Ackermann Bomber. From Rick Lately he's only worn the parka and some shorts, but I don't think he's worn a flight bomber from Rick since maybe 2011.

I'm embarrassed to even know this.
                      Last edited by BodyDouble; 07-25-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• trentk
                        • Oct 2010

Rick Owens, please please please please please have phurpa perform @ your next runway show:

(that is traditional tibetan music btw, there's a nice description (& more free music) on their bandcamp page)
                        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

lol this is awesome. will need to go to london soon, i think. (thanks soul pill for the info...)

The World of Rick Owens

As part of the Masters campaign, Selfridges has collaborated with Master of the Elements, Rick Owens, to launch ‘The World of Rick Owens’, marking 20 years since the inception of the designer’s world-renowned fashion label.

Taking over our London Concept Store, the world of Rick will encompass an exclusive 20 piece collection created exclusively for Selfridges; a new women’s and men’s ready-to-wear and accessories destination; a takeover of four Oxford Street store windows, and finally, a specially commissioned 25ft Rick Owens statue that will sit above the iconic Selfridges London canopy.

LINK

Comment

• imblurredout
                            • Apr 2013

POWER STANCE.

Comment

• FriedChicken
                              • Aug 2014

wow when are those pics from?
                              "white painted toad leather case, goats eye cock ring"

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Can Selfridges put "exclusive" in a few more places, just so we are clear?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎